Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Are you still proud as an American

Message 11 of 84

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

- just can't find a way to deal with that hate they have for Hillary.

That word - HATE - has been much overused here a lot by the hillbots.

Is that right?  Actually, one of your right wing trumpbot buddies uses the word hate/hatred (blind hatred) more than anyone on this site. Maybe you should tell him about that.

Some constantly spew hatred for our President and those who support him using such terms as Nazi, fascist, racist, etc. 

Others point it out.

Now, which group do you suppose is supporting the Russian cyber warfare efforts to divide us as a nation. in other words - who is controlled by the bots?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 84

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Is that right?  Actually, one of your right wing trumpbot buddies uses the word hate/hatred (blind hatred) more than anyone on this site. Maybe you should tell him about that.

Perhaps you are confusing posts from leftists leaning posters with those of others?  Either that or you are skipping over such comments from the Amen Corner that call others Nazis, comparing them to Hitler, etc.  And what about your completely accusatory posts such as the one I responding to?

Nope - ChasKy53 posted accurately and truthfully regarding the poster that most often makes use, misuse, and overuse of the words "hate", "hatred", and "blind hatred"...

There's absolutely no "perhaps" about it.

Thanks for asking...

It's always a good thing to conclusively correct misapprehensions out here in the real world...

That misapprehension may have originated in the trump world alternate reality where 2+2 can have any result between zero and infinity depending upon "need"...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 84

I am very proud that America is STILL a place where We the People can change things for the better. For 40 years, we closed the gap between rich and poor EVERY YEAR. Then Reagan changed that and for the last 30 years, EVERY YEAR the gap got wider, BUT THAT CAN CHANGE. But to change for the better, we must recognize what has gotten worse, not simply carry on a political party line.
@Soosie wrote:
I myself am still proud to be an American, but ashamed what an of what American has become.....@angeleyes.........I too am ashamed of what many in America have become. I am ashamed of the haters, the name callers, the people who can only see something negative in everything that is accomplished.In the last 30 years, WHAT was accomplished?

I am ashamed of those who sit by each day and throw stones, but never get up and actually go out and do something on an individual basis to make the world better.Exposing what is wrong is not throwing stones.

I am ashamed of those that cry for children brought in by careless parents who are not coming through a legal system and THEY, themselves with selfish motives put their own children at risk. They are fleeing WAR and until the neoRepubs took over, THIS was the safest haven on Earth.

I am ashamed that these same people are not reaching out to the countless children who have lost their parent who went to war to defend our rights, even the rights of those who only whine. Republicans started the needless war that created those children and then chose tax cuts for the rich over support for vets and their families.

I'm ashamed of a party who cannot see they are destructing within and doing harm to our country.Me too - that's the GOP you need to be ashamed of

I am ashamed of those who spend each day worrying about something they may lose, but make no backup plan should this happen.No shame for those who took away the pay raises that would have funded those individual plans?

I am ashamed of able bodied individuals who whine that the government does not have enough to support them. The resources are there, its chosing to support those who do not need it and vilifying those who do that causes the problem.

I am ashamed of those who do not support our military or police officers.Nobody attacks the Troops, but no one should support the ones who send them to die for no reason. Supporting the police and condoning the murder of unarmed civilians are two totally different things.

I am still hopefull. I see my hope in the next generation. I pray they do not become bitter and angry as mine has. I pray the next generation is stronger, less dependent, forward thinkers, go getters, thinkers and solvers who don't mind using some elbow grease to get things done. For your hope to be realized the system needs to be fixed so our next generation is not so burdened with debt they cannot ever get clear and the good paying jobs stop being shipped overseas to make more profits that are not "dribbled down".

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 84

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Perhaps you are confusing posts from leftists leaning posters with those of others?  Either that or you are skipping over such comments from the Amen Corner that call others Nazis, comparing them to Hitler, etc.  And what about your completely accusatory posts such as the one I responding to?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 84

@umbarch64 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

You got a problem with my identifying a reason I'm proud to be an American -

You forget Slick Willie, Hillary and Obama.  One who used the Oval Office for his liason with his intern, Hillary who sold her office for contributions to the family business, and Obama who was more interested in his heritage than the country.

Interesting opinion that you are of course entitiled to  - but I don't accept that point of view at all.

I'll pray for you...

Ahhhh.....now, now, now you're being sarcastic again, af. 

True - I was delightedly not only sarcastic, but facetious as well

The ultimate patronizing put-down.

Somebody or something's gonna getcha for that. 

Maybe - maybe not - like everyone else, I'm going with my best guess - one that - like everyone else's - has no empirical fact based proof to support it - something that all of the religious belief systems have in common..

Learn that at born-again Sunday School, did you? 

Nope - never had anything to do with those extreme fringe whackos - although i'm not at all shy about mocking and lampooning their fatuous hypocrisy...

As I learned more about science and facts about the real world, I became aware of the fact that - all the writings of various religions - by flawed and fallible humans - were as flawed and fallible as the authors of those writings.

Am of the opinion that all religions have the same source, and all are a couple of percent correct...

We all make our best bet and have to wait to find out...

Personally I'm going with what Thomas Jefferson wrote - "Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every question.  Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear."

I am indeed proud as an American when I consider that the majority of this nation's Citizens do not believe, approve of, follow, or support trump and his handler Putin...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 84

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

- just can't find a way to deal with that hate they have for Hillary.

That word - HATE - has been much overused here a lot by the hillbots.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 84

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

That's the flaw that has caused the soul of the republican party and the trump culr/klan to be missing - it was sold for thirty pieces of silver long ago...

What does that have to do with the topic? Why is it so difficult to carry on a discussion with the left since they continually want to sidetrack from the topic? 

Oh?  Are you on the left now?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 84
IN TEACHING ADULT EDUCATION CIVICS & GOVERNMENT CLASSES, I GOT REACQUAINTED WITH THE U.S.CONSTITUTION FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE JUNIOR HIGH. AS A CYNICAL, NOT QUITE A PATRIOT, I SAW THAT THE BEAUTIFUL THING ABOUT THE CONSTITUTION IS ITS DESIGN AS A DOCUMENT ALLOWING FOR CHANGE & GROWTH OF THE NATION. I CAN RESPECT & ADMIRE THOSE ORIGINAL IDEALS & ALSO BE DISMAYED ABOUT WHAT THIS COUNTRY HAS BECOME.
SUPERGIRL, NO REALLY I MEAN IT! HER REAL NAME & MINE ARE THE SAME( FIRST 2 NAMES ARE)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 84

@umbarch64 wrote:

Well...alrighty then.  That explains a good deal.  Perhaps it really is best to scroll past inanities that mean nothing.

Suggest you do that.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 84

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

Even IF true...and it may not be...it's completely irrelevant to those whose behavior is in question.  No graduate of my intelligence sector in my Air Force could pull that crap and remain in his positon.  An ex-captain once tried that...I'm here....he's not.  Just so you know.

Now you are talking in riddles, I can't understand a thing you are saying.  I survived many situations by using common sense.  Not sure what you are talking about 'intelligence sector'... or what it has to do with this topic. 

Well...alrighty then.  That explains a good deal.  Perhaps it really is best to scroll past inanities that mean nothing.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors