From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Are you still proud as an American

Message 61 of 84

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

You got a problem with my identifying a reason I'm proud to be an American -

You forget Slick Willie, Hillary and Obama.  One who used the Oval Office for his liason with his intern, Hillary who sold her office for contributions to the family business, and Obama who was more interested in his heritage than the country.

and one more time your Clinton fetish comes to a thread. Innocent until proven guilty..unle you are a member of the Hitler youth, where any accusation you care to make should be taken as guilt. * I LOVE AMERICA, THE CONSTITUTION, AND ALL YOU ******* NEED TO GO TO JAIL FOR NOT AGREEING WITH MY FAKE NEWS.*

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 84

@Soosie wrote:

I myself am still proud to be an American, but ashamed what an of what American has become.....

What was the saying many decades ago?   America Love It or Leave It?   At the rate its going with some, America is going to leave us.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 84

@mickstuder wrote:

You're embarrassed by the Behavior of the Left?

Why because they Lost a Election and they should realize that means they have lost all their Rights unless they are willing to swear allegiance to the Winner?

The problem is that the Democrats/Left lost the election but they couldn't admit they did.  They ignored the Constitution and even now believe that Hillary won because of the popular vote.  They cannot comprehend that the people don't elect the President, but that the states of the United States does.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 84

Poor choice of words I was tired, proud of this American reality not so much.

Fisticuffs at 66+, sore but, survived relatively intact. Just another night in an establishment somewhere within the US, and demands made to native, Jew and dark complexion Portuguese/Cape Verdean to get the frak out of their country and go back to there own.

There families here before America, since 1860, and 1920. Yes, I think I’m Dem Progressive?  I’m also old and will be using ice packs and Tylenol for days.

There May have been underlying hate, to persons of color before but, it was in check before Trump. Now it seems to  be on a rollng boil.

Didn’t really expect it to happen while dining and having my coffee Irish, with old geek friends.

One minute it wAs merely talk of online algorithms and #Walk Away and the Russian bots are back. Next thing we’re rediscovering the joy of disused muscles.

*removing gobbledygook*

https://arcdigital.media/pro-trump-russian-linked-twitter-accounts-are-posing-as-ex-democrats-in-new...

I’m fortunate that someone stopped my knees from crashing into the floor, by stopping my downward progression with their nether regions. Needed assistance getting up again.Now, he can experience joy of sore ribs.

I need future hip replacement, not this soon. So, the more appropro? Question is are you proud of the way the country is going.

Open racism, violence on streets, buses, restaurants, klan/choose your alt group/ Nazi coming out from closets/rocks.

If you read the first link on this ditty and if I read it correctly myself, in two years time our Democracy has hit the 💩Er.

America has declined in ranking of democracies.

Bruises abound, just when I thought ribs were healing back to throbbing, and shifting to one molar last night was sheer joy.

Heat packs, Ice packs and other delights to follow. Old geeks and security footage says we were in the right, young whippersnappers in the wrong - 30-50year olds.

Are you proud of this American reality is the question I guess.

Froze

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 84

Why because they Lost a Election and they should realize that means they have lost all their Rights unless they are willing to swear allegiance to the Winner?

I'd maybe respond to this post except for the clip above, which puts words into my mouth right before the poster goes on a rift for para after para about something I never said or thought. So, no dice. Smiley Happy

Like I said, I am embarrassed by the behavior of the left.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 84

@Epster wrote:

I'm embarrassed at the behavior of the left, frankly, but I'm still proud to be an American.

Renee Graham wrote a Op-ed in the Boston Globe where she describes how as a Black Woman she did not think The American Flag represented her.................

She talks about seeing a Photo of a White Guy in Boston using a American Flag as Weapon against a Black Man - http://www.stanleyformanphotos.com/gallerysoilingoldglory.html

She describes a 1960s photo of a white Mississippi cop, his face knotted in fury, wrestling a flag from the hands of a black child during an anti-police brutality march. So tight is the crying child’s grip on that flag, the officer, who ultimately rips it away, yanks him off the ground.

She reminds us of the White Supremacists around the Country this very day participating in - marches,

"the Stars and Stripes are carried alongside the Stars and Bars of the defeated Confederacy, as if the values imbued in both are the same -

They are not. Bigots drape themselves in the flag, their racism displayed as patriotism. Some of the nastiest social media encounters come from people hiding behind avatars and profiles adorned with flag emojis. It serves as a warning."

Now migrant children, torn from their families and living in internment camps, are forced to pledge allegiance to this nation, even as the government wants them back across the border, preferably without legal recourse, as soon as possible.

She like many of us - "In disgust and dismay, I surrendered my flag to those who literally and figuratively wield it against their fellow Americans"

Renee Graham - let go of the American Flag for a time in her life but then she realized.................

I understand too well all the ways that this nation falls short. As James Baldwin said, “I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually.” I won’t stop agitating for this nation to live up to its best, still unreached, image of itself. It is the most American thing I can do.

When angry readers of my column tell me to leave this country if I don’t like it, they’re getting it all wrong. Blind and acquiescent devotion to a country is the demand of dictators. No longer will I abandon my flag, the one generations of my family fought to defend, to people who use it to frighten, intimidate, and infringe on the values it’s supposed to represent.

So Forget About it Dishonest Don Trump and All The Dishonest Don Cult Members

mickstuder will not be intimtated will not be harrassed will not be embarrassed into giving up my Pride in this Country or My Flag........................

I'll continue to do and say whatever I feel because I know there is Evil and there are Monsters everywhere and sometimes like now they gain the upper hand and will try to beat you down by any means they think will work

This is my Creed and it's never let me down - What Goes Around Comes Around .............

Dishonest Don Trump & His Cult Following is simply the current American Anomaly...............

The Pain & Suffering Caused by Nixon & the Horror Created by the Incompetence of W Bush have passed and so too will the Dishonor the Devisiveness the Dishonesty & Corruptness of Trump

Source - https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2018/07/04/american-flag-too/O0qu4xbyiFuZQTW1k5bGmL/story.html?e...

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 84

I am still proud to be an American. Just don't like the Hate,  shootings. Just want everything and everyone to act and not react.. Nancy 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 84

@Soosie wrote:
I myself am still proud to be an American, but ashamed what an of what American has become.....@angeleyes.........I too am ashamed of what many in America have become. I am ashamed of the haters, the name callers, the people who can only see something negative in everything that is accomplished. I am ashamed of those who sit by each day and throw stones, but never get up and actually go out and do something on an individual basis to make the world better. I am ashamed of those that cry for children brought in by careless parents who are not coming through a legal system and THEY, themselves with selfish motives put their own children at risk. I am ashamed that these same people are not reaching out to the countless children who have lost their parent who went to war to defend our rights, even the rights of those who only whine. I'm ashamed of a party who cannot see they are destructing within and doing harm to our country. I am ashamed of those who spend each day worrying about something they may lose, but make no backup plan should this happen. I am ashamed of able bodied individuals who whine that the government does not have enough to support them. I am ashamed of those who do not support our military or police officers. I am still hopefull. I see my hope in the next generation. I pray they do not become bitter and angry as mine has. I pray the next generation is stronger, less dependent, forward thinkers, go getters, thinkers and solvers who don't mind using some elbow grease to get things done.

What she said.

1,000,000 kudos for you, @Soosie. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 84

Yes I am very proud to be an American.

The behavior of some of our Americans from the left do however embarrass me.  But we are a nation of laws so we have a way to deal with people that violate the law.

I will defend the first amendment to the death,  You have the right to say how you feel.  You do not however, have the right to put your hands on another person in a fit of anger.  All Americans have the right to defend themselves and their families.

So to you radicals from the left;  You should think twice about letting your emotions get the best of you.  Should you run across one of us Americans that understand we do have the right to defend ourselves, just be prepared for the response.

Don't start any trouble and there will be no trouble...

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 84
I myself am still proud to be an American, but ashamed what an of what American has become.....@angeleyes.........I too am ashamed of what many in America have become. I am ashamed of the haters, the name callers, the people who can only see something negative in everything that is accomplished. I am ashamed of those who sit by each day and throw stones, but never get up and actually go out and do something on an individual basis to make the world better. I am ashamed of those that cry for children brought in by careless parents who are not coming through a legal system and THEY, themselves with selfish motives put their own children at risk. I am ashamed that these same people are not reaching out to the countless children who have lost their parent who went to war to defend our rights, even the rights of those who only whine. I'm ashamed of a party who cannot see they are destructing within and doing harm to our country. I am ashamed of those who spend each day worrying about something they may lose, but make no backup plan should this happen. I am ashamed of able bodied individuals who whine that the government does not have enough to support them. I am ashamed of those who do not support our military or police officers. I am still hopefull. I see my hope in the next generation. I pray they do not become bitter and angry as mine has. I pray the next generation is stronger, less dependent, forward thinkers, go getters, thinkers and solvers who don't mind using some elbow grease to get things done.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors