Tell Congress to stop Rx greed and cut prescription drug prices now! Here’s how.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Are you still proud as an American

Message 71 of 84

@alferdpacker
I'm proud as an American.

But not proud of the Rep. Party and the shameful way it has shown itself to be to the World. It has not been just The Donald, but the entire Party for allowing him to get this far and let the World see what a disgrace he is and what he has done to our Country being just one man.
He loves only one thing in life and that is DONALD. If the rest of the Party hasn't picked up on that by now, they are a lost cause and will go down with the ship like the rest of us, if we drown so will they.

I myself am still proud to be an American, but ashamed of what America has become.

And once again Hillary and Obama who are NOT in the Government any more are thrown into a thread.   Really!! 

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 84

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

You got a problem with my identifying a reason I'm proud to be an American -

You forget Slick Willie, Hillary and Obama.  One who used the Oval Office for his liason with his intern, Hillary who sold her office for contributions to the family business, and Obama who was more interested in his heritage than the country.

Interesting opinion that you are of course entitiled to  - but I don't accept that point of view at all.

I'll pray for you...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 84

@alferdpacker wrote:

You got a problem with my identifying a reason I'm proud to be an American -

You forget Slick Willie, Hillary and Obama.  One who used the Oval Office for his liason with his intern, Hillary who sold her office for contributions to the family business, and Obama who was more interested in his heritage than the country.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 84

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

That's the flaw that has caused the soul of the republican party and the trump culr/klan to be missing - it was sold for thirty pieces of silver long ago...

What does that have to do with the topic? Why is it so difficult to carry on a discussion with the left since they continually want to sidetrack from the topic? 

You got a problem with my identifying a reason I'm proud to be an American - the fact that I'm not and have never been one of those rightwingers - unpatriotic scumbags -posseesors of "the flaw that has caused the soul of the republican party and the trump culr/klan to be missing - it was sold for thirty pieces of silver long ago" - that's the flaw that caused the flawed to support the lying criminal Nixon, the liar Reagan, either of the Bush crooks and now to not support the criminally dishonest trump? 

What happened to the right to have, hold and speak one's opinion?

Is that only for people who agree with you?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 84

One ancestor signed the Declaration of Independence, another fought at Gettysburg and I gave honorable service in the first War we were lied into. Big deal.

neoRepublicans elected a twit who cannot get thru a sentence while sounding like he's more than 12, cost thousands of good Americans their jobs because he has no clue how the World works, is profane, sexist and a liar and cheat. Yet his acolytes profess pride and confidence this twit will "Make America Great Again".

Calls into question what Republicans now consider signs of "Greatness". Can any from the right provide a reason they feel pride in how things are going in America right now? What, exactly, are the GOP proud of?

The quality of our infrastructure, including our schools?

Our scientific achievement?

The cleanliness of our environment?

The fairness of our elections?

The equality and inclusiveness of our society?

The ability to move up the economic ladder?

The honesty of our leaders?

Or is it that they realize they've lost the culture wars and need to "circle the wagons" to defend an America that never existed?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 84

@alferdpacker wrote:

That's the flaw that has caused the soul of the republican party and the trump culr/klan to be missing - it was sold for thirty pieces of silver long ago...

What does that have to do with the topic? Why is it so difficult to carry on a discussion with the left since they continually want to sidetrack from the topic? 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 84

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

there is more identification of being a part of a political party than being an American.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 84

@Olderscout66 wrote:

That's what 30 years of implimenting the Republican idea of Greatness has gotten us. How much farther do we have to decline before the GOPer base realizes they're being had?

So, as usual you equate being an American as related to politics and political parties?  It is not any political party that has "gotten us" but the cynicism of American citizens much like in posts here.

That plus as we also see here, there is more identification of being a part of a political party than being an American.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 84

America is a victim or our own success. After WWII the Nation was SO vast and vibrant that (to borrow a notion from Kurt Vonnegut) nobody could grab so much, no matter how fast they stole, to inconvenience their neighbors.

The rest of the Western World was in rubble, and we had so much we could (and did) easily feed them while we helped them rebuild. Our inflation ran under 2% and real incomes grew by nearly 5% each year. We built the InterState, went to the Moon, sent unprecednted numbers to college and had good jobs waiting for the graduates. The tax structure had Corporations providing half the total Federal tax revenue and while everybody "paid taxes", around 65% got it all beck when they filed their returns. Our infrastructure was the envy of the World, our schools were at the top of the heap, and all the really smart people around the World wanted to come here to get in on the scientific revolution our government was financing.

But the lunitic fringe of the GOP was claiming Taxation Is Theft. When nobody with a brain listened to them, they created the Heritage Foundation. There loquacious troglodytes assembled clever "bumper-sticker" catch phrases that they fed to the party's base who accepted the dogma as Gospel. Then they made sure the Ribicon Societies on the college campusis were supplied with the collected works of Ayn Rand and told it was an Ecomonic System that would Make America Great Again.

Thing is, America really WAS Great already, and the nonsense in Atlas Shrugged, when made Government policy, is why we aren't anymore. We're 6th in average income, 17th in quality of life, our schools rank 19th in science and 30th in math while our infrastructure is approaching "3d World"  status and we have to hitch a ride with the Russians to visit the International Space Station.

That's what 30 years of implimenting the Republican idea of Greatness has gotten us. How much farther do we have to decline before the GOPer base realizes they're being had?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 84
I'm proud and blessed to be an American and hope Michelle has reached that point also.
Kudos
Views