Get a newer and safer vehicle while saving money! Check out the AARP auto buying program.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Are you ready to vote?

Message 51 of 66

mickstuder posted..

YUP - Just A Few Of the - Side Benefits of Being White and Republican in the USA Today

==============================================================

A very racist remark . Uncalled for!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 66

Looka here, looka here, looka here!   I am absolutely ready to vote!!!  Last week I went to my local city clerk's office and picked up a sample ballot for the November 6th election.  I went over every candidate running and every proposal put forth on the ballot.  I did a little research online about some of the candidates with whom I was not familiar and read up on the issues/proposals. After that, I went ahead and made all of my selections and decided what my vote would be on the issues.  So I am set and ready to go.....VOTE!  

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 66

@aruzinsky wrote:

I'm never ready to vote for a hundred or so judges on the ballot so I leave that part of my paper ballot blank.  I have fulfilled my obligation to society by not voting for people that I know nothing about.  And, yet, the machine that I put my ballot into spits the ballot out every time because I didn't vote for every office on the ballot.  Then I have to call over an election judge to loudly complain that the machine won't accept my ballot and he/she pushes some buttons on the machine to make it accept my ballot.  It's like voter intimidation for not voting.  And, then, a strip of white paper comes out of the top of the machine.  Once, I tore that strip off because I thought it was a receipt.  Wow, you should have seen the commotion that that caused!  If that machine spits out my ballot again, guess what I'm going to do?

@aruzinsky I know! Who --unless you've been before them-- has any idea if a judge is good or not. Our voter pamphlets rate the judges, but then, how do you know if that's unbiased or even if you agree with the assessment protocol? In years past I've voted no on all judges, just thinking fresh blood is a good thing. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 66

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@Epster wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

I gotta say, you all are very trusting of the postal service. Its reliability has decreased in recent years. I know the possibility of a mistake is slim....but I still don’t trust it. I will only vote in person.

Our county has a system whereby one can check to see if their ballot has been received. We're two for two.

What happens if they don’t receive it?

You have the option of voting in person.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 66

@n566192l wrote:

Epster

I too Voted by mail, as I am a poll worker for another town.  Like you said easy peasy.

@n566192l Good for you!

It's probably too late for others to register to vote by mail for this election, but they can certainly register to vote by mail for future elections. Like @TxGrandpa2 said, it's very easy to research issues and candidates, and again, super easy to vote and slip the ballot back into the mail.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 66

@Epster wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

I gotta say, you all are very trusting of the postal service. Its reliability has decreased in recent years. I know the possibility of a mistake is slim....but I still don’t trust it. I will only vote in person.

Our county has a system whereby one can check to see if their ballot has been received. We're two for two.

What happens if they don’t receive it?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 66

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 66

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 66

Epster

I too Voted by mail, as I am a poll worker for another town.  Like you said easy peasy.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 66

I'm never ready to vote for a hundred or so judges on the ballot so I leave that part of my paper ballot blank.  I have fulfilled my obligation to society by not voting for people that I know nothing about.  And, yet, the machine that I put my ballot into spits the ballot out every time because I didn't vote for every office on the ballot.  Then I have to call over an election judge to loudly complain that the machine won't accept my ballot and he/she pushes some buttons on the machine to make it accept my ballot.  It's like voter intimidation for not voting.  And, then, a strip of white paper comes out of the top of the machine.  Once, I tore that strip off because I thought it was a receipt.  Wow, you should have seen the commotion that that caused!  If that machine spits out my ballot again, guess what I'm going to do?

Old Witch
Kudos
Views