Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist

Re: Are they accepting Americans in Canada at all?

Message 11 of 21

Here ya go Roxanna35.  (or anybody else that would like to leave the USA for Canada)  Hope this helps and best of luck to you all.

https://www.immigration.ca/contact-us

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc.html

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/menu-eng.html

You can lead a Liberal to knowledge, but you can't make'em THINK! 😞
Trump 2020!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 21

Went to school with some Canadians, love their National Anthem, and have traveled thru Western Canada, even though rather quickly. Overall, great impressions of Canada, and beautiful Country. 
If I were Canada, I would deny US citizens entry...at least they have a leader who seems to be a normal person!

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 21

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Love Canada.  Would retire there in a heartbeat but my husband hates the cold. 

I would have moved there in 2008 if my wife had been willing to go. Sometimes I wish she would change her mind.

Only Thing Man Learns From History Is Man Learns Nothing From History
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 21

These same type of restrictions are being implemented all cross the USA by States right now. You have to quarantine for 14 days before you can go out in the State. NY, NJ, CT, Pa have them for FL. NY just toughened theirs with fines now involved. My State New Mexico has had the quarantine in effect if you flew into the state for a few months now. It has been extended to driving in now. If you stay more than one night and do not leave the place you stayed must notify the State. Out of State people can not use our State Parks now. NM is between Texas, and AZ and we had people moving into NM to get away from the Trump lackies trying to kill them which has caused our virus rate to go up. If I travel out of NM and return they want me to quarantine for 14 days before going out in public.

This is happening all over the USA and just another step by Trump, and his lackies as they destroy the USA. THE ANSWER VOTE TRUMP OUT IN NOV.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 21

I bet they extend (AGAIN) this restriction -

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-tra... 

Canada-U.S. border restrictions

As of June 19, 2020, the restriction on all discretionary travel at the Canada-U.S. border that was initially implemented on March 21, 2020, was extended for an additional 30 days until July 21, 2020. This applies to all foreign nationals with some exceptions for immediate family members (see section below). Potential travellers should consult the Border Information Service for information.

Examples of discretionary/optional travel include:

• tourism
  • recreation
  • entertainment

more at the link

Seems your best chance is again isolation:

This is an i updated interactive map at the link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection.html 

Screenshot_2020-07-14 Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Outbreak update - Canada ca.png

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 21

Love Canada.  Would retire there in a heartbeat but my husband hates the cold. 

Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist

Message 17 of 21

Americans (US) can traverse through Canada between Alaska and the lower 48. I don't know if there are restrictions on entry point... personally, I'd expect it to be restricted to Blaine, WA. Such people aren't supposed to dawdle or linger, but to make a quick trip of it.

I have read news reports of US persons traveling to Canada with their US-plated vehicle and then going to Banff, etc, for some nice sight seeing. These people have been arrested when found.

I've also read news and forum reports of cars with US license plates ...that are legitimately in Canada: the owners are Canadian snow birds maybe with Florida plates, or Canadian employees of a US company, possibly returned to Canada during this time, with US license plates. Or similar conditions. ... being vandalized, presumably due to the US connection. See 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canada-u-s-border-harassment-u-s-license-plates-banff-1.5634534

https://globalnews.ca/news/7076360/muskoka-locals-americans-coronavirus/

Otherwise, the border may be closed. You can check here, it seems that you must have an "essential purpose" (or have a family connection)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restri...

This is of more than passing interest to my wife and me. For personal reasons we are seriously considering moving to Canada. She has both Canadian and US citizenship (I have only US) and has family in Canada. This interest has always been there before I retired 2 years ago. And it has gotten of greater interest since about 4 years ago, and oddly enough may get even more appealing come this fall. Wife says that as I am a spouse there is no way that I would be rejected from entering (perhaps not immediately; in any case, her brother and his wife returned to Canada from out of the country and were placed in mandatory 14 day quarantine at the government's expense and care). I had a job transfer to Florida circa 2008. Now that I am retired there's nothing to keep us here except for laziness in taking action to go elsewhere (and the decision on "where?"). I had better start in on the application for permanent resident !

@Roxanna35 wrote:

In view of the fact that now nobody wants to really accept that we are really in trouble. I am thinking seriously to spend time in Canada. until this country gets their act together. 
They are now saying in my area that the number of Covid  are inflated by 30% So we don't have a problem, and in this dinky little town according to the news and Newspapers we have over 4000 cases and doubling every day.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 21

@GailL1   my frustration is growing daily, is not only the virus, but the inability of many not to want to accept that this is a virus and it can kill

Is as we live in limbo and simply want to accept  what we want t happen.
I could close my eyes to the world turn off the TV not read newspapers and then what? I  want to be in a place in which I don't have fears. and that I see that we are dealing with all of this together and not so much apart. Can we all admit at least that we are not dealing correctly with any of this?

no name
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 19 of 21

Pretty sure the border is still closed as mutually agreed to a few months back.

There are also other states that don't want people from Florida right now - so that limits your choices -

I'd pick Wyoming or one of those sparsely populated states and then pick an area that is very remote.

Live among the Elk.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 21

I feel badly for Florida and the other states where it's spiking.   It spiked early in the DC region, Maryland in particular, and I think it was easier to hunker down and wait it out early on when it was all so new.   I know people are so tired of all the social distancing, etc.   😞       

Not saying it won't spike again here in Maryland.  It likely will, especially in the winter.    I've resigned myself to knowing it will take another year before things really get closer to normal.  Hang in there. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards.

Solve your favorite crosswords on AARP Games to earn AARP Rewards points. Try your hand at the Daily Crossword, the Mini Crossword, and Let’s Crossword, the new member game you can play with family and friends. Play Now.

Top Authors