Take a look at how people age around the world with this AARP special report: A New Age.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Are Conservatives This Afraid of their Own Tribe?

Message 31 of 38

@Controlled42010 wrote:

C'mon down and do some down home old fashioned hunting with us, folks, no?

https://youtu.be/ILqnYx7XnwQ

Isn't "grace" is a wonderful trait, Lauri?  Sadly, a trait trump will NEVER realize.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 38

C'mon down and do some down home old fashioned hunting with us, folks, no?

https://youtu.be/ILqnYx7XnwQ

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 38
Wiliam, found myself in agreement with everything you said. It starts at the top. But that won't change until he is gone.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 38

That was a very interesting PM that Cent presented. And from what Panj said, I think, are friends really friends if they disown you for political views. 

Unfortunately, I don’t see some of this changing until there is a change in leadership at the top, and maybe not even then. Can a professional counselor help us understand or fix the act of promoting fear and divisiveness? Or from the top and trump, I’ll compromise as long as you do everything my way. 

Just my thoughts

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 38

I do acknowledge the NeverTrump R's who have parted ways to put country over party. Most call themselves Independents these days.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 38

That's amazing Cent. I'd feel very uncomfortable to have (so-called) "friends"  that would rip me then dump me for not conforming strictly to their set of beliefs.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 38

Mistakes have been made, and continue to be made, on both sides of the political spectrum. The only way we get out of this tribal way of thinking is to call it out for what it is. We cannot continue to defend the indefensible no matter if it's coming from the extreme right or the extreme left, or even somewhere in between. Call it out and say fix it. I don't want my party to have this baggage. Let's get rid of it. 

You can tell me to wake up now. Cat Wink

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Are Conservatives This Afraid of their Own Tribe?

Message 38 of 38

Tribal politics is alive and living large in this forum.  Recently I received the following PM from an active Conservative here.  It truly is sad they didn't feel at ease with their own:

This is the first, maybe the last private message I'll ever send. I've pondered this action for some time. If my friends on the right find out I'm toast.

As much as polar opposites we are politicaly, I respect your style and knowledge. You know I'm as far on the other side of the fence as one can be when it comes to our political ideologies. That said, you do have a firm grasp of current events and express them well. I also, enjoy your sprinkling of humor at times. I still chuckle thinking of some. I'm a big believer in a laugh or two, as you might have guessed, with many of my tongue in cheek comments.

I believe, if our paths crossed in life and no mention of politics, we'd have a friendly, cordial, stimulating conversation(s).

I had to write this and hope it's well received. May God have mercy on my soul, as I know my friends on the forum certainly would condemn me to a fiery Hell!

Have a great day!

Consider this kinda Christmas Truce in *****. It will end shortly and back to the battle, eh?

PS-I hope I've done this private message correctly!!

Here's to YOU, my friend; here's to YOU!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Replies