Honored Social Butterfly

Apology demanded of Breitbart 4 article that led to '31 death threats'

Apology demanded of Breitbart editor-in-chief for article that led to '31 death threats'

Breitbart News editor-in-chief Alex Marlow found himself in a tense back-and-forth with intelligence expert and MSNBC contributor Malcolm Nance on Friday about an article Nance says led to him getting dozens of death threats.

The two took part in a panel on Bill Maher's HBO show "Real Time" and the topic of fake news came up.

"I sort of have a bone to pick with you," Nance said to Marlow.

"There was this article about a 35-year counterterrorism expert who claimed they wanted Trump Tower attacked that was written in Breitbart. I got 31 death threats and that came from your website," Nance continued. "You gonna apologize to me?"

After saying he spent decades hunting terrorists, Nance added that the story was "fake as hell."

Apology demanded of Breitbart editor-in-chief for article that led to '31 death threats'

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Recognized Social Butterfly

Briebart reporters got a raise for False News instead of getting fired?  And the editor-in-chief?  Not a bit embarrassed getting caught in a bald faced lie on public television?  What kind of person doesn't feel any remorse or embrassment when caught in a situation that questions his integrity as a man of his word?

Honored Social Butterfly

Breitbart--Why would anyone expect Breitbart a group of lying, hate mongering, White nationalists apologize?  This is what they do-lie, incite violence, spread hate, and rejoice when others suffer because of their Nazi-like rhetoric. 

We have all seen violence rise since idiot trump aligned himself with Brietbart's disgusting excuse for a human Bannon. Steve Spencer, by the way, credits the fool trump for giving his group (Breitbart) its voice). Violence, lies, racism, lesser than human ideas and actions is the calling card of this group of excessibely repugnant people.

Personally, I would be ashamed to be aligned in any way with Breitbart.  UGH!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Honored Social Butterfly

@creppelrm wrote:

Briebart reporters got a raise for False News instead of getting fired?  And the editor-in-chief?  Not a bit embarrassed getting caught in a bald faced lie on public television?  What kind of person doesn't feel any remorse or embrassment when caught in a situation that questions his integrity as a man of his word?

It is a pathology that we see here from a subset of those who are donald supporters.    

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

Centrist, you don't really expect him to say or acknowledge anything negative about his ultra right wing website, do you?

Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Centrist, you don't really expect him to say or acknowledge anything negative about his ultra right wing website, do you?

Of course not, CeeTee.  The point though is obvious to most ( which means you "got it" well before I finished typing it. )  CNN did a retraction, apologized and terminated three.  As often as Breitbart has been shown to be filled with FAKE NEWS, one might expect they would retract a FAKE NEWS story.  That would be the expectation of a legitimate news organization, wouldn't it.  But it appears they have very little, if any, journalistic standards.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

Of course breitbart won't apologise - they're scum.

Fox didn't do anything about hannity's deliberately untrue story...

That's the lack of honesty and ethics that pervades the political right...

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

airplane sweat sweating funny movie GIF

VIMTSTL
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png