Can blue light from your phone cause vision problems? Find out and learn more about your vision in the AARP Eye Center.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Anyone here still support Trump?

Message 11 of 172

Never did.

Never will!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 172
No, I do not,have not and will not ever support Trump.
Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 172

No way, never have, never will. As one writer said, he is a "false prophet" without a doubt!!!!! Have can he still be President?!?!?!?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 172

You've been here since 1972 and your children haven't become citizens?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 172

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Hey, mick, today - Racetrac gas $2.53. Thank you President Trump.

Let's share a six pack of Yuegling.

Yep. A six pack and cheap gas. Those are the goals of Trump supporters. 

Mick predicted Armageddon with gas prices at $3.00. I'm just pointing out that the sun is shining - thank you President Trump.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 172

@easyed598 wrote:

Xrepub wrote -Ed, you deserve a prize. THere is a lot of nonsense posted to this board, but comparing Trump to Lincoln takes the prize.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Probably the same thing was said about Lincoln when they compared him to slave owning Washington. Time has a way of reflecting greatness ,so it will Trump.

Now that he plans to take away my children's country, and strip their birthright. I can see that his popularity is rising.  I became a citizen of this country in 1972 and my children were already born, so now, what are they going to do to them deport them?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 172

@rk9152 wrote:

Let's share a six pack of Yueling.

Yep. A six pack and cheap gas. Those are the goals of Trump supporters. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 172

@mickstuder wrote:

@th92794391 wrote:

Hi, whoever u r. Hope u r having a nice day. 

I hate to disillusion your image of who i am, but I'm not a party-line voter. However, i do read magazines, AARP, newspapers, do fact checking from ALL news sources, incluing FOX. But when cadidate Trump tells me that immigrants, legal or illegal, are not the "best" people and that they are rapists, murders, and he says, "some, i assume are good people," i wonder who he considers the best people would be. It turns out his "best" people, pled guilty to charges of varying degrees of corruption, obstruction of justice and plotting against the US.

Then, before and after he becomes president he calls all news that doesn't agree with him fake news. The press is the only business\profession protected by our constitution. Why do you think the framers of our constitution chose to do that? Maybe so we the people can check on our politicians and news sources? Trump, however,  tried to have one of the network news stations broadcasting license revoked when it said something he didn't agree with. He consistently attacks CNN, NBC, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, the NY TIMES, THE WASHINGTON POST, other news sources and fact-checking websites. Then, he praises a Montana politician who bodyslammed a reporter just trying to ask the politician a question.

If you admire that kind of president, that's your right. But stop to think of one thing. All of the protections that he is violating will someday pass to some other president by the vote of the people or because his term limit will be finished. Unless Trump destroys the term limit thing, too. Do you really want  (gasp) another person in office who might be a Democrat or some other party or unaffiliated taking over the office when he leaves office? Hey, whoever it might be might say, oh, Trump got away with it, so why not me too. 

I suggest you do more comparing and constrasting on all news sources and not just let Trump choose them for you. We are a participatory democracy which means to me that we do more than just show up to vote on election day. We learn all we can from all sources first, go to town halls, speak to our local politicians, and a ton more all year, every year. 

Btw, he did try to ban all people from Muslim countries, but the courts stopped him. When Trump shut down airports and wouldn't let people get lawyers either, until lawyers showed up to offer free services. And even people who had legal immigration papers and who had helped our military in Afghanistan were caught up in that fiasco. Oh, and Trump said in all of his wisdom, we want the people from Norway not these others who are trying to immigrant to the US. So yes, legal or illegal immigrants who are poor are not welcome here, according to Trump, unless perhaps they are wealthy Saudi Arabians, who can afford to buy his condos, or stay in his fancy hotel, but that is a topic for another day.

Great Post

Unfortunately, Trump still has a many Supporters just like Jim Jones did - don't drink the Poison

Trump operates a Cult of Personality

Trump uses the techniques of mass media, propaganda, the big lie, spectacle, the arts, patriotism, and government-organized demonstrations and rallies to create an idealized, heroic, and worshipful image of a leader, often through unquestioning flattery and praise. A cult of personality is similar to apotheosis, except that it is established by modern social engineering techniques, usually by the state or the party in one-party states. It is often seen in totalitarian or authoritarian countries.

Source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_of_personality

Vote Democratic November 6th - The US Constitution Gives The Responsiblity for Oversight on the Executive Branch to Congress

Congress is not Fulfilling Their Constitional Duties or the Oath They Swore When they Took Office

The GOP Majority in Congress is Afraid of Trump

Americans Must Elect Members of Congress who are not afraid of Trump

Let's share a six pack of Yueling.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 172

@th92794391 wrote:

I hate to disillusion your image of who i am, but I'm not a party-line voter. However, i do read magazines, AARP, newspapers, do fact checking from ALL news sources, incluing FOX. But when cadidate Trump tells me that immigrants, legal or illegal, are not the "best" people and that they are rapists, murders, and he says, "some, i assume are good people," i wonder who he considers the best people would be. It turns out his "best" people, pled guilty to charges of varying degrees of corruption, obstruction of justice and plotting against the US.

Then, before and after he becomes president he calls all news that doesn't agree with him fake news. The press is the only business\profession protected by our constitution. Why do you think the framers of our constitution chose to do that? Maybe so we the people can check on our politicians and news sources? Trump, however,  tried to have one of the network news stations broadcasting license revoked when it said something he didn't agree with. He consistently attacks CNN, NBC, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, the NY TIMES, THE WASHINGTON POST, other news sources and fact-checking websites. Then, he praises a Montana politician who bodyslammed a reporter just trying to ask the politician a question.

If you admire that kind of president, that's your right. But stop to think of one thing. All of the protections that he is violating will someday pass to some other president by the vote of the people or because his term limit will be finished. Unless Trump destroys the term limit thing, too. Do you really want  (gasp) another person in office who might be a Democrat or some other party or unaffiliated taking over the office when he leaves office? Hey, whoever it might be might say, oh, Trump got away with it, so why not me too. 

I suggest you do more comparing and constrasting on all news sources and not just let Trump choose them for you. We are a participatory democracy which means to me that we do more than just show up to vote on election day. We learn all we can from all sources first, go to town halls, speak to our local politicians, and a ton more all year, every year. 

Btw, he did try to ban all people from Muslim countries, but the courts stopped him. When Trump shut down airports and wouldn't let people get lawyers either, until lawyers showed up to offer free services. And even people who had legal immigration papers and who had helped our military in Afghanistan were caught up in that fiasco. Oh, and Trump said in all of his wisdom, we want the people from Norway not these others who are trying to immigrant to the US. So yes, legal or illegal immigrants who are poor are not welcome here, according to Trump, unless perhaps they are wealthy Saudi Arabians, who can afford to buy his condos, or stay in his fancy hotel, but that is a topic for another day.

Great Post

Unfortunately, Trump still has a many Supporters just like Jim Jones did - don't drink the Poison

Trump operates a Cult of Personality

Trump uses the techniques of mass media, propaganda, the big lie, spectacle, the arts, patriotism, and government-organized demonstrations and rallies to create an idealized, heroic, and worshipful image of a leader, often through unquestioning flattery and praise. A cult of personality is similar to apotheosis, except that it is established by modern social engineering techniques, usually by the state or the party in one-party states. It is often seen in totalitarian or authoritarian countries.

Source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_of_personality

Vote Democratic November 6th - The US Constitution Gives The Responsiblity for Oversight on the Executive Branch to Congress

Congress is not Fulfilling Their Constitional Duties or the Oath They Swore When they Took Office

The GOP Majority in Congress is Afraid of Trump

Americans Must Elect Members of Congress who are not afraid of Trump

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 172

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors