Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 152 of 573

@easyed598 wrote:

R52 posted- posted-Trump is systematically destroying the retired population.

1. 80% of COVID-19 deaths are 65 and older

2. Cancelling payroll taxes. Means cancelling funding of Social Security and Medicare.That is a LOSS of about 4.5% annual spending. 

3. Trump said he would continue the payroll tax cur permanently if reelected.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A recent fact-check by The Intercept found that Biden has advocated cutting Social Security for the last 40 years. He even bragged about it on the Senate floor in 1995, saying:

“When I argued that we should freeze federal spending, I meant Social Security as well. I meant Medicare and Medicaid. I meant veterans’ benefits. I meant every single solitary thing in the government. And I not only tried it once, I tried it twice, I tried it a third time, and I tried it a fourth time.”

---------------

You better go reread your old Bernie Campaign material which is what it is based one, and then try and understand it. For the most part what was being discussed war a Cola skip which has nothing to do with the Foundation of SS.

What we have here is the desperation passes of Trump and the far right to try and distort everything they can to make Trump look better.

Well you can never make a mob boss, Dictator look better. Look at the club they come from. Kings of all types, Hitler, Tojo, Mussolini, Kim, Stalin, and on and on.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 153 of 573

R52 posted- posted-Trump is systematically destroying the retired population.

1. 80% of COVID-19 deaths are 65 and older

2. Cancelling payroll taxes. Means cancelling funding of Social Security and Medicare.That is a LOSS of about 4.5% annual spending. 

3. Trump said he would continue the payroll tax cur permanently if reelected.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A recent fact-check by The Intercept found that Biden has advocated cutting Social Security for the last 40 years. He even bragged about it on the Senate floor in 1995, saying:

“When I argued that we should freeze federal spending, I meant Social Security as well. I meant Medicare and Medicaid. I meant veterans’ benefits. I meant every single solitary thing in the government. And I not only tried it once, I tried it twice, I tried it a third time, and I tried it a fourth time.”

---------------

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 154 of 573

Hello everyone,

Please remember to post according to the community guidelines, and refrain from insults and inflammatory comments. You are free to express your opinions, but you must do so in a way that respects the opinions of others.

Thank you for your cooperation in making the AARP Community a safe and welcoming place for all.
http://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 155 of 573

The only ones still supporting Trump are those who have taken the oath to follow their leader to the edge of the proverbial cliff and are willing to  take that fatal flying leap at his command.  The only other conceivable followers are the Russian bots who are determined to get Putin's Chosen One re-elected.  With four more years, Trump, at Putin's command, will in effect destroy the America we and the world have known and respected.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 156 of 573

@sunluvngal wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@sunluvngal wrote:
PhilipT605548 wrote:

Neither Hillary, nor Obama are running against Trump for his re-election.

Why cant he refrain from referring to them all the time?

sunluvngal:

YES i do.  👍  President Trump...for America & Americans "first".

I'm thinking the following should answer your question:

POLITICS (The Political Insider)

Hillary Accuses Republicans And Trump Of Trying To ‘Sabotage’ Election

Richva:

Yes, yet another unintended consequence in an administration known for them. Trump spent the first three years violating every unspoken agreement about how sitting presidents would treat former presidents. Now that Trump is in a corner, Obama is free to do anything he wants to openly support Biden.  That is the downside of being a transactional president.  You don't see the results of your impulses.

sunluvngal:

LOL  @Richva  Always with the accusations against President Trump & excuses for the dems. But of course, everybody knows that owebama, his wife AND hillary have put themselves in positions that most or no other ex president etc have ever done.  They have an agenda against this country and they're not bound to butt out as long as they have breath.

Spell out in detail what that agenda is and how it effects the USA.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 157 of 573

@Richva wrote:

@sunluvngal wrote:
PhilipT605548 wrote:

sunluvngal:

Richva:

Yes, yet another unintended consequence in an administration known for them. Trump spent the first three years violating every unspoken agreement about how sitting presidents would treat former presidents. Now that Trump is in a corner, Obama is free to do anything he wants to openly support Biden.  That is the downside of being a transactional president.  You don't see the results of your impulses.

sunluvngal:

LOL  @Richva  Always with the accusations against President Trump & excuses for the dems. But of course, everybody knows that owebama, his wife AND hillary have put themselves in positions that most or no other ex president etc have ever done.  They have an agenda against this country and they're not bound to butt out as long as they have breath.

You can lead a Liberal to knowledge, but you can't make'em THINK! 😞
Trump 2020!!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 158 of 573

@sunluvngal wrote:
PhilipT605548 wrote:

sunluvngal:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 159 of 573
PhilipT605548 wrote:

sunluvngal:

You can lead a Liberal to knowledge, but you can't make'em THINK! 😞
Trump 2020!!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 160 of 573

Never have, do not, and never will!

Welcome to the new posters...pull on your boots, and say your piece. This is America...land of the free, home of the brave...let’s keep it that way!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors