Honored Social Butterfly

Anyone here still support Trump?

Now that we have seen him in action for a while, is anyone here still a supporter?

Honored Social Butterfly

Never confuse Trump Cult members by using FACTS. Three days ago, an ABC News/Washington Post poll put Trump's approval rating at 36%.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------So Rasmussen has him at 48%-You pick the poll that you like but as in 2016 the polls are not very accurate.   As of now ,the Democrats has no real challenger for the 2020 Presidential  race and because the Democrats are leaning so far left, Trump should win easily. I`m hoping Elizabeth Warren is the candidate picked by the Democrats.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@xrepub wrote:

Now that we have seen him in action for a while, is anyone here still a supporter?

Apparently not in his maladministration, but congresscritters who depend on him enraging his moronic base and driving them to the polls are still all Der Trump all the Time, and of course his lofo's who love him because he hates the same people they hate - minorities, women, Muslims, refugees, immigrants, the poor and John McCain.

Honored Social Butterfly

Is there any point of asking the question in the title of the thread to RK?

Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Any thoughts on the wisdom in rk's response?

Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

There was no "wisdom" to have thoughts about.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Do you have any topic related thoughts on rk's comments about the topic?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

I responded directly to what you posted about "wisdom", so if I was off topic then I guess you were.

Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

I responded directly to what you posted about "wisdom", so if I was off topic then I guess you were.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Yep, there was no wisdom in them.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Yep, there was no wisdom in them.

No, that is petty, personal and insulting. What about the thoughts do you disagree with and why? That is the basis of "discussion".

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Unfortunately we have several dedicated members of the Trump Cult. They worship Trump who can do no wrong in their eyes. They defend everything Trump says or does.

Thankfully most decent people in American repudiate the hate and warped bigotry offered by the White Supremacists and Nazis in Charlottesville on Saturday. Trump Lovers also pretend the protest comes only from Liberals, but that is very far from the truth. Outrage comes from:

• High ranking members (Generals) of the U.S. Military
  • CEOs of many major corporations
  • Republican Members of the House and Senate such as Bob Corker
  • The former director of the CIA
  • Sorry, David Duke isn't on the list
  • etc.

Your hateful opinion of the POTUS does not belong on this venue. I am neither a republican nor a Trump fan, however he is still the president and should be respected as such. This trash doesn’t belong on here and just cost you my membership. Please refrain from ever sending me any correspondence from your classless association again. You should be ashamed of this.
Honored Social Butterfly

@GlenK986582 wrote:
Your hateful opinion of the POTUS does not belong on this venue. I am neither a republican nor a Trump fan, however he is still the president and should be respected as such. This trash doesn’t belong on here and just cost you my membership. Please refrain from ever sending me any correspondence from your classless association again. You should be ashamed of this.

As a Republican and an American I was taught as a child to respect people that merit respect. and I find it very difficult to respect a man that has been proven to be a serial adulterer. a cheat, a liar, and a man that has been throwing this country into a chaos that now we seem to think is normal. Unfortunately, you think that his job as President absolve him of any wrong doing. but that is not way that I was taught. Morality cannot be changed and not job absolve you or anyone of that.

no name
Bronze Conversationalist

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@GlenK986582 wrote:

As a Republican and an American I was taught as a child to respect people that merit respect. and I find it very difficult to respect a man that has been proven to be a serial adulterer. a cheat, a liar, and a man that has been throwing this country into a chaos that now we seem to think is normal. Unfortunately, you think that his job as President absolve him of any wrong doing. but that is not way that I was taught. Morality cannot be changed and not job absolve you or anyone of that.

You respect the office not the person. The person has to earn respect and Trump has not earned mine. In modern times with the exception of Nixon, I respected all the Presidents up until now. It doesn't mean I agreed with all of their policies or their behaviors. I never thought one of them would sell us out to Russia until now.     

He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone. Do you sleep under Trumps bed?  So you know what he does.  Every single president has done something sinful.  All I know is he is against abortion and my family are all working in Detroit.  The economy is fabulous.  Yes he has a big mouth, and I hate that.  But I need to look at the big picture.

Honored Social Butterfly

@KathrynM201531 wrote:

He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone. Do you sleep under Trumps bed?  So you know what he does.  Every single president has done something sinful.  All I know is he is against abortion and my family are all working in Detroit.  The economy is fabulous.  Yes he has a big mouth, and I hate that.  But I need to look at the big picture.

Oh yes we have, Ask Ivana Trump.  ask his present wife. and Stormy Daniels. they will tell you, they have been under his bed. And yes, we all have sinned, but we have had the capacity to recognize our sins and atone for them not feel that we are empowered by them.

Enabling a serial sinner does not make it moral, it akes it an enabler of sinners.

no name
Esteemed Social Butterfly

@GlenK986582 wrote:

@GlenK986582—Hate filled people who do abhorrent and hateful things are usually not spoken of in glowing terms—thus the commentary RE: the disgusting animal called trump. The reality of the type of subhuman trump is may also weigh heavily on verbiage used to describe him.

Personally, I will never write phony respectful things about anyone so underserving of respect. 

BTW, do the moderators know you have decided to take over their jobs?? Here’s a hint for you. In this forum,  people are free to express their opinions, whether all approve or not. Guess you and trump have much in common—the attempted circumventing of free speech. So sad!

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Honored Social Butterfly

@GlenK986582 wrote:

I have often said I do not have a "hateful" view of the temporary POTUS. I do recognize that he has no experience in the job and is attempting to do everything differently than any of his predecessors, especially Obama. Sometimes there are good reasons, backed by institutional experience, as to why procedures are used. Based on the chaos of the WH and the complete incompetence we have seen Trump demonstrate in almost every action, I would say he could learn a thing from his predecessors.  

PENCE IN 2019!

Honored Social Butterfly

Richva wrote-Based on the chaos of the WH and the complete incompetence we have seen Trump demonstrate in almost every action, I would say he could learn a thing from his predecessors.  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Incompetence?? You mean what he has done with the economy,     low unemployment (white,black hispanics,women)  GDP 4 %,consumer confidence highest in 20 years,closer to a peace solution with North Korea than any president in the last 60 years, Ending the terrible  Iran deal,fixing unfair high tarrifs that has hurt our businesses and manufacturers for decades, energy independence etc. etc. -----I would say his predecessors could learn a thing or two from Trump.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

"I voted for the agenda that President Trump ran on and still support it."

How's that working out for you?

Here's the Trump Agenda

• No significant legislation passed
  • No health care reform
  • No infrastructure upgrades
  • No wall on the Mexican border
  • No tax reform
  • No deficit reduction plan
  • Trump insults everyone who disagrees with him
  • He attacks the FBI and our Intelligence Agencies
  • The Republican controlled House & Senate initiated 3 investigations of the Trump Administration
  • Chaos and dysfunction in the White House
  • Is it the White House or a Reality Show?

But the above proves that's the agenda Trump Lovers continue to support.

Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

"I voted for the agenda that President Trump ran on and still support it."

How's that working out for you?

Here's the Trump Agenda

• No significant legislation passed
  • No health care reform
  • No infrastructure upgrades
  • No wall on the Mexican border
  • No tax reform
  • No deficit reduction plan
  • Trump insults everyone who disagrees with him
  • He attacks the FBI and our Intelligence Agencies
  • The Republican controlled House & Senate initiated 3 investigations of the Trump Administration
  • Chaos and dysfunction in the White House
  • Is it the White House or a Reality Show?

But the above proves that's the agenda Trump Lovers continue to support.

Typical - a list of items totally out of the context of the point trying to be made followed by "But the above proves....".  

Did you not notice that much of that requires Congressional action. Did you not notice that investigations were not part of his agenda? Did you not notice that "insulting" is not an agenda item, it is an interpersonal item.

Try to get your blind hatred under control and it may be possible to post rational opposition to President Trump.

Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking--Don't forget the blackhearted racist agenda, CT--it's about all he's managed to pull off.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Honored Social Butterfly

@pc6063 wrote:

@CriticalThinking--Don't forget the blackhearted racist agenda, CT--it's about all he's managed to pull off.

And, just what was that "blackhearted racist agenda"? Was it related to national defense by any chance? Secure borders possibly? Additional scrutiny for people from those six nations Obama said required additional scrutiny? Or might it have been related to the honesty of pointing out that a lot of people of varying ideologies came to Charlottesville looking for a fight - and got it??

Honored Social Butterfly

Does anyone here know what group has been the most persistent in supporting Trump? The answer surprised me, it may surprise you also.

@xrepub wrote:

Honored Social Butterfly

@xrepub--trump really could go out and shoot someone and his foolish base would blame it on the victim.

Bannon already back at Breitbart--guess they couldn't come up with enough of their own swill without him. Seems he is already trying to fragment trump's ludicrous base. (See his statement given to press). He's gone--we can thank General Kelly for that. Can't wait til the racist in chief is gone too. They both are a disgrace to decent, morsl Ametixans everywhere. 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Honored Social Butterfly

@pc6063 wrote:

@xrepub--trump really could go out and shoot someone and his foolish base would blame it on the victim.

Bannon already back at Breitbart--guess they couldn't come up with enough of their own swill without him. Seems he is already trying to fragment trump's ludicrous base. (See his statement given to press). He's gone--we can thank General Kelly for that. Can't wait til the racist in chief is gone too. They both are a disgrace to decent, morsl Ametixans everywhere. 

I consider myself to be a "morsl Ametixan" (sorry but when one projects him/her/itself as smarter than others due to education and career - well, it seems appropriate).

I voted for the agenda that President Trump ran on and still support it. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

I consider myself to be a "morsl Ametixan" (sorry but when one projects him/her/itself as smarter than others due to education and career - well, it seems appropriate).

I voted for the agenda that President Trump ran on and still support it. 

Me too...

VIMTSTL
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

I consider myself to be a "morsl Ametixan"

Many have higher expectations of themselves. When one rushes to create a false narrative and pushes it for over a week, to defend hate groups and intentionally disinform others, IMO, they are far from "morsl Ametixan".

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

Many have higher expectations of themselves. When one rushes to create a false narrative and pushes it for over a week, to defend hate groups and intentionally disinform others, IMO, they are far from "morsl Ametixan".

It's hard to figure out what you mean - too cute as always - but I think we are in agreement. False narratives contribute nothing to a discussion. And certainly I can't imagine anyone defending the agenda of the Nazis or the Kluxers.

Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

It's hard to figure out what you mean - too cute as always - but I think we are in agreement. False narratives contribute nothing to a discussion. Yes, your week of pushing the false narrative that the Left prohibited the Nazi/KKK and the United Right from exercising their first amendment, was total bovine feces and as is often the case, contributed nothing of value to the forum. When one is on the wrong side of history, distract, distort and lie, the trump/Alt-Right/ rk way.....

And certainly I can't imagine anyone defending the agenda of the Nazis or the Kluxers.  Yet the Alt-Right, your "United Right" does every day.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png