Honored Social Butterfly

Anyone here still support Trump?

Now that we have seen him in action for a while, is anyone here still a supporter?

Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

There are millions of Americans who idolize and worship Comrade Trump. He's cleverly developed a cult, which means he can never do anything wrong in their eyes. He's never held accountable for lying, insulting ethnic groups, insulting individuals, or anything negative.

Under our system we have elections and the people pick the candidate they prefer. If that candidate gets elected and works towards fulfilling his or her campaign promises the people appreciate that.

Then there are other systems totally based on negativity and emotion wherein those whose candidate did not win spend their days attacking the winner with such overblown rhetoric as "Comrade" and attacking those who disagree with them as "cultists".

Periodic Contributor

Absolutely not and never have supported Trump even during campaign. I think he is a divider not a uniter; he has always talked nasty about immigrants and people with other religions, Muslims especially. I am neither an immigrant nor a Muslim, but I have know many of both as at one time I was an English as a Second Language instructor at a community college. I know that, just like every other group of people on earth, there are many who are wonderful, gentle people and some few that are not. Trump, however tried to ban all people from particular countries. Did you notice they all have darker skins? I do not have darker skin because my family came from Europe and Eastern Europe. And all came with no or little English. All of my family on all sides were poor and trying for a better life. But I have know many of darker skin who are trying for the same things my family did when they came to the US. All of any group of people are not automatically bad just because Trump says so. He lies. Check out ALL news sources, not just the one he endorses. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@th92794391 wrote:

Absolutely not and never have supported Trump even during campaign. I think he is a divider not a uniter; he has always talked nasty about immigrants and people with other religions, Muslims especially. I am neither an immigrant nor a Muslim, but I have know many of both as at one time I was an English as a Second Language instructor at a community college. I know that, just like every other group of people on earth, there are many who are wonderful, gentle people and some few that are not. Trump, however tried to ban all people from particular countries. Did you notice they all have darker skins? I do not have darker skin because my family came from Europe and Eastern Europe. And all came with no or little English. All of my family on all sides were poor and trying for a better life. But I have know many of darker skin who are trying for the same things my family did when they came to the US. All of any group of people are not automatically bad just because Trump says so. He lies. Check out ALL news sources, not just the one he endorses. 

Can you cite any examples of his speaking negatively about immigrants (without the word "illegal")? Can you cite any example of negative speaking about religions?

As to the banning - there was no banning. It was merely following Obama's advice of additional scrutiny of people coming from specific nations.

Seems like you do not like the President and are reaching for false (but Party line) reasons to justify your feelings.

Periodic Contributor

Hi, whoever u r. Hope u r having a nice day. 

I hate to disillusion your image of who i am, but I'm not a party-line voter. However, i do read magazines, AARP, newspapers, do fact checking from ALL news sources, incluing FOX. But when cadidate Trump tells me that immigrants, legal or illegal, are not the "best" people and that they are rapists, murders, and he says, "some, i assume are good people," i wonder who he considers the best people would be. It turns out his "best" people, pled guilty to charges of varying degrees of corruption, obstruction of justice and plotting against the US.

Then, before and after he becomes president he calls all news that doesn't agree with him fake news. The press is the only business\profession protected by our constitution. Why do you think the framers of our constitution chose to do that? Maybe so we the people can check on our politicians and news sources? Trump, however,  tried to have one of the network news stations broadcasting license revoked when it said something he didn't agree with. He consistently attacks CNN, NBC, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, the NY TIMES, THE WASHINGTON POST, other news sources and fact-checking websites. Then, he praises a Montana politician who bodyslammed a reporter just trying to ask the politician a question.

If you admire that kind of president, that's your right. But stop to think of one thing. All of the protections that he is violating will someday pass to some other president by the vote of the people or because his term limit will be finished. Unless Trump destroys the term limit thing, too. Do you really want  (gasp) another person in office who might be a Democrat or some other party or unaffiliated taking over the office when he leaves office? Hey, whoever it might be might say, oh, Trump got away with it, so why not me too. 

I suggest you do more comparing and constrasting on all news sources and not just let Trump choose them for you. We are a participatory democracy which means to me that we do more than just show up to vote on election day. We learn all we can from all sources first, go to town halls, speak to our local politicians, and a ton more all year, every year. 

Btw, he did try to ban all people from Muslim countries, but the courts stopped him. When Trump shut down airports and wouldn't let people get lawyers either, until lawyers showed up to offer free services. And even people who had legal immigration papers and who had helped our military in Afghanistan were caught up in that fiasco. Oh, and Trump said in all of his wisdom, we want the people from Norway not these others who are trying to immigrant to the US. So yes, legal or illegal immigrants who are poor are not welcome here, according to Trump, unless perhaps they are wealthy Saudi Arabians, who can afford to buy his condos, or stay in his fancy hotel, but that is a topic for another day.

Honored Social Butterfly

@th92794391 wrote:

I hate to disillusion your image of who i am, but I'm not a party-line voter. However, i do read magazines, AARP, newspapers, do fact checking from ALL news sources, incluing FOX. But when cadidate Trump tells me that immigrants, legal or illegal, are not the "best" people and that they are rapists, murders, and he says, "some, i assume are good people," i wonder who he considers the best people would be. It turns out his "best" people, pled guilty to charges of varying degrees of corruption, obstruction of justice and plotting against the US.

Then, before and after he becomes president he calls all news that doesn't agree with him fake news. The press is the only business\profession protected by our constitution. Why do you think the framers of our constitution chose to do that? Maybe so we the people can check on our politicians and news sources? Trump, however,  tried to have one of the network news stations broadcasting license revoked when it said something he didn't agree with. He consistently attacks CNN, NBC, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, the NY TIMES, THE WASHINGTON POST, other news sources and fact-checking websites. Then, he praises a Montana politician who bodyslammed a reporter just trying to ask the politician a question.

If you admire that kind of president, that's your right. But stop to think of one thing. All of the protections that he is violating will someday pass to some other president by the vote of the people or because his term limit will be finished. Unless Trump destroys the term limit thing, too. Do you really want  (gasp) another person in office who might be a Democrat or some other party or unaffiliated taking over the office when he leaves office? Hey, whoever it might be might say, oh, Trump got away with it, so why not me too. 

I suggest you do more comparing and constrasting on all news sources and not just let Trump choose them for you. We are a participatory democracy which means to me that we do more than just show up to vote on election day. We learn all we can from all sources first, go to town halls, speak to our local politicians, and a ton more all year, every year. 

Btw, he did try to ban all people from Muslim countries, but the courts stopped him. When Trump shut down airports and wouldn't let people get lawyers either, until lawyers showed up to offer free services. And even people who had legal immigration papers and who had helped our military in Afghanistan were caught up in that fiasco. Oh, and Trump said in all of his wisdom, we want the people from Norway not these others who are trying to immigrant to the US. So yes, legal or illegal immigrants who are poor are not welcome here, according to Trump, unless perhaps they are wealthy Saudi Arabians, who can afford to buy his condos, or stay in his fancy hotel, but that is a topic for another day.

Great Post

Unfortunately, Trump still has a many Supporters just like Jim Jones did - don't drink the Poison

Trump operates a Cult of Personality

Trump uses the techniques of mass media, propaganda, the big lie, spectacle, the arts, patriotism, and government-organized demonstrations and rallies to create an idealized, heroic, and worshipful image of a leader, often through unquestioning flattery and praise. A cult of personality is similar to apotheosis, except that it is established by modern social engineering techniques, usually by the state or the party in one-party states. It is often seen in totalitarian or authoritarian countries.

Source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_of_personality

Vote Democratic November 6th - The US Constitution Gives The Responsiblity for Oversight on the Executive Branch to Congress

Congress is not Fulfilling Their Constitional Duties or the Oath They Swore When they Took Office

The GOP Majority in Congress is Afraid of Trump

Americans Must Elect Members of Congress who are not afraid of Trump

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Honored Social Butterfly

@mickstuder wrote:

@th92794391 wrote:

Great Post

Unfortunately, Trump still has a many Supporters just like Jim Jones did - don't drink the Poison

Trump operates a Cult of Personality

Trump uses the techniques of mass media, propaganda, the big lie, spectacle, the arts, patriotism, and government-organized demonstrations and rallies to create an idealized, heroic, and worshipful image of a leader, often through unquestioning flattery and praise. A cult of personality is similar to apotheosis, except that it is established by modern social engineering techniques, usually by the state or the party in one-party states. It is often seen in totalitarian or authoritarian countries.

Source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_of_personality

Vote Democratic November 6th - The US Constitution Gives The Responsiblity for Oversight on the Executive Branch to Congress

Congress is not Fulfilling Their Constitional Duties or the Oath They Swore When they Took Office

The GOP Majority in Congress is Afraid of Trump

Americans Must Elect Members of Congress who are not afraid of Trump

Hey, mick, today - Racetrac gas $2.53. Thank you President Trump.

Let's share a six pack of Yueling.

Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

Let's share a six pack of Yueling.

Yep. A six pack and cheap gas. Those are the goals of Trump supporters. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Let's share a six pack of Yuegling.

Yep. A six pack and cheap gas. Those are the goals of Trump supporters. 

Mick predicted Armageddon with gas prices at $3.00. I'm just pointing out that the sun is shining - thank you President Trump.

Honored Social Butterfly

EasyEd will believe any poll numbers he wants about his hero. It doesn't matter to me, so he can make up any number which makes him feel good. 

I have better things to do than to cherry pick poll numbers. The numbers I posted came up in the first search I did. ABC News/Wash Post 36% approval and the Economist has it at 38%. The highest one I found was Gallup at 41%. Trump's support since day one has been in upper 30's, plus or minus or a couple of points. The fact is the majority of Americans do not like him.

But in the end, polls don't mean very much. Trump's support among his cult members is 100% because they don't care if the President of the United States is a pathological liar who insults people every day of the week.

Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

EasyEd will believe any poll numbers he wants about his hero. It doesn't matter to me, so he can make up any number which makes him feel good. 

I have better things to do than to cherry pick poll numbers. The numbers I posted came up in the first search I did. ABC News/Wash Post 36% approval and the Economist has it at 38%. The highest one I found was Gallup at 41%. Trump's support since day one has been in upper 30's, plus or minus or a couple of points. The fact is the majority of Americans do not like him.

But in the end, polls don't mean very much. Trump's support among his cult members is 100% because they don't care if the President of the United States is a pathological liar who insults people every day of the week.

Does not matter a wit what the American People want, ever since Nixon figured out he would win with 100% of the Nazi's, KKK, NRA and Fundamentalists plus a couple votes from those who thought Ike was still running the GOP.

Der Trumper won with the same collection totalling 26% of registered voters who the Russians made sure all showed up election day.

But he's WON NOT A SINGLE CONVERT since he slithered into the White House.

VOTE OUT THE NRAGOP IN NOVEMBER - their support is paper thin, but it WILL show up election day.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Does not matter a wit what the American People want, ever since Nixon figured out he would win with 100% of the Nazi's, KKK, NRA and Fundamentalists plus a couple votes from those who thought Ike was still running the GOP.

Der Trumper won with the same collection totalling 26% of registered voters who the Russians made sure all showed up election day.

But he's WON NOT A SINGLE CONVERT since he slithered into the White House.

VOTE OUT THE NRAGOP IN NOVEMBER - their support is paper thin, but it WILL show up election day.

You may have missed it but Ike died. The Republican Party stands as an alternate to the neoMarxist of the Progressive Movement that has taken over the Dems. It offers the electorate a choice.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

But he's WON NOT A SINGLE CONVERT since he slithered into the White House.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Nor has he lost a single convert since he won the Presidency and the Dems lost the biggest election(2016) in history -nationwide. I wonder if the Dems will still be whining about Russian collusion if the Blue wave dosen`t materialize and the Republicans still hold the house and the senate in November. I`m sure they will in 2020 when Trump wins a second term.

Honored Social Butterfly

easyed598 =  Nor has he lost a single convert since he won the Presidency and the Dems lost the biggest election(2016) in history -nationwide.  

Actually Trump has not lost any of his base which is mainly white males,  KKK,  Nazi's, White Supremicist some die-hard members of congress and citizens who lost their moral compass who claim to be Christians.    

It is very predictable that TRUMP will lose the popular vote perhaps by million(s) more if the ones who didn't vote are angry enough to know it's a matter of democracy at stake.   

Then the states are rallying against the Electoral College to make laws against that what  handed the presidency to Trump even though HILLARY CLINTON should be our president.    A Los Vegas bet this country would be better off today and not hit with extra national debts and a messy foreign policy and our farmers going bankrupt and consumer prices UP.    

Recognized Social Butterfly

Even worse, do you think Trump will be a Two Time President. Something, vevy few men have been able to achieve. He has been able to break a 40 year precedent by not releasing his tax returns. or is it that I just want to commander and chief that I can respect and who respects the American people. one that brings the country together instead of bringing us all apart and bringing anger and hatred to this beautiful country of ours. I just wanted to be respected as an American and not laughed at because of who's in the White House.

Honored Social Butterfly

Anymore, in everyday life, if someone says they support trump I simply smile and let out a very small chuckle. No sense in arguing or debating with trump supporters, their minds are closed and they are most often filled with anger .............  waiting for something or someone to let it out on.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Anymore, in everyday life, if someone says they support trump I simply smile and let out a very small chuckle. No sense in arguing or debating with trump supporters, their minds are closed and they are most often filled with anger .............  waiting for something or someone to let it out on.

"Hatred filled with anger" - have you ever seen one of us on the R(ight) side post "Dems suck"? And look at all of the hatred for the makers vs the takers here. Then there is the obsession with Nazis, fascists, Kluxers, alt-right, etc. etc. etc. 

No chas- you on the other side own all that hate jazz.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

"Hatred filled with anger" - have you ever seen one of us on the R(ight) side post "Dems suck"? Nope, just other insults and false accusations. 

And look at all of the hatred for the makers vs the takers here. And look at all of the hatred for the "takers" vs the "makers".

Then there is the obsession with Nazis, fascists, Kluxers, alt-right, etc. etc. etc.  Then there is the obsession with "Marxist", "socialist", "dependency".

No chas- you on the other side own all that hate jazz. That pesky reality thing disagrees with your view on this.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

"Hatred filled with anger" - have you ever seen one of us on the R(ight) side post "Dems suck"? Nope, just other insults and false accusations. 

For example - what compares to "Reps suck"?

And look at all of the hatred for the makers vs the takers here. And look at all of the hatred for the "takers" vs the "makers".

It isn't hatred. It is reminding people something they would rather overlook as they attack the self-sufficient.

Then there is the obsession with Nazis, fascists, Kluxers, alt-right, etc. etc. etc.  Then there is the obsession with "Marxist", "socialist", "dependency".

What do you compare the reality of "dependency" with - Nazis or fascists? Do you consider "socialist" on a par with Kluxers? Be careful, you might be calling some newly out of the closet Dems that. As to Marxism, it is a political ideology the same as Conservatism. As such, it is certainly worth open and honest discussion.

No chas- you on the other side own all that hate jazz. That pesky reality thing disagrees with your view on this.

You are going to have to find some new "reality". None of the above made the grade.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

It isn't hatred. It is reminding people something they would rather overlook as they attack the self-sufficient.

What do you compare the reality of "dependency" with - Nazis or fascists? Do you consider "socialist" on a par with Kluxers? Be careful, you might be calling some newly out of the closet Dems that. As to Marxism, it is a political ideology the same as Conservatism. As such, it is certainly worth open and honest discussion.

You are going to have to find some new "reality". None of the above made the grade.

This also applies to your postings:  Anymore, in everyday life, if someone says they support trump I simply smile and let out a very small chuckle. No sense in arguing or debating with trump supporters, their minds are closed and they are most often filled with anger .............  waiting for something or someone to let it out on.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

This also applies to your postings:  Anymore, in everyday life, if someone says they support trump I simply smile and let out a very small chuckle. No sense in arguing or debating with trump supporters, their minds are closed and they are most often filled with anger .............  waiting for something or someone to let it out on.

I understand your problem. Occasionally I run into someone who is of the neoMarxist belief. Some are great to discuss politics with. They have a deep understanding of their beliefs and an understanding of Conservatism.

But then there are those who have been used. They have been convinced that they are unable to make it on their own and need the government to "carry" them. They have been convinced that the successful did not make it on hard work, but rather they stole it from the less successful. So, their "discussion" involves 1% vs 99%, Nazis, fascists, racists, alt-right and the rest of the litany. Such people use such logic as "Republicans suck" and "the pig in the WH" while claiming to be of the intellectual elite who know more than others.

You're right, a smile and a pat on the head is the best reaction.

0 Kudos
Recognized Social Butterfly

Well, I guess we will have to see if hurricane Florence makes landfall on our Shores. Since the Trump Administration, has had prior experience in dealing with hurricanes during his first year in office. I just hope that the Government response is swift. I would hope that  better response plans have been put in place.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Chasky wrote-Anymore, in everyday life, if someone says they support trump I simply smile and let out a very small chuckle. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I do the same whenever there is a new contender that the Democrats are resting their hopes on. Newest one-Corey Booker-Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@easyed598 wrote:

Chasky wrote-Anymore, in everyday life, if someone says they support trump I simply smile and let out a very small chuckle. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I do the same whenever there is a new contender that the Democrats are resting their hopes on. Newest one-Corey Booker-Smiley Very Happy

I am sure that after November's elections, a Democrat candidate will emerge that will defeat in 2020 whomever replaces trump after he is taken out of office or he resigns.  Smiley LOL

Honored Social Butterfly

Never confuse Trump Cult members by using FACTS. Three days ago, an ABC News/Washington Post poll put Trump's approval rating at 36%.

The Kaiser Family Foundation poll put his approval rating at 37%.

Honored Social Butterfly

Never confuse Trump Cult members by using FACTS. Three days ago, an ABC News/Washington Post poll put Trump's approval rating at 36%.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------So Rasmussen has him at 48%-You pick the poll that you like but as in 2016 the polls are not very accurate.   As of now ,the Democrats has no real challenger for the 2020 Presidential  race and because the Democrats are leaning so far left, Trump should win easily. I`m hoping Elizabeth Warren is the candidate picked by the Democrats.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@xrepub wrote:

Now that we have seen him in action for a while, is anyone here still a supporter?

Apparently not in his maladministration, but congresscritters who depend on him enraging his moronic base and driving them to the polls are still all Der Trump all the Time, and of course his lofo's who love him because he hates the same people they hate - minorities, women, Muslims, refugees, immigrants, the poor and John McCain.

Honored Social Butterfly

Is there any point of asking the question in the title of the thread to RK?

Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Any thoughts on the wisdom in rk's response?

Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

There was no "wisdom" to have thoughts about.

Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

There was no "wisdom" to have thoughts about.

Do you have any topic related thoughts on rk's comments about the topic?

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png