With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Any Ideas Why Mumps, Measles and Chicken Pox is On the Rise Now?

Message 61 of 73

@Soosie wrote:

Anyone have concrete proof that the influx of migrants coming in are all vacinated and free from carrying any of these diseases?  I'm talking concrete proof.

Don’t think folks know for sure. CDC can track the outbreaks though, and these are coming from travelers from Israel, Ukraine, and the Philippines. 

These diseases are always a risk with international travel. The difference is our vax rate has traditionally been high enough to confer the necessary herd immunity. Now that there are groups of people like Orthodox Jews in NY (and others, that just happens to be the biggest this year) who do not vax, our country once again becomes vulnerable. If we were caring for our health, this wouldn’t happen, regardless of who’s coming in the country. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/health/2019/04/22/us-measles-cases-surge...

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 73

Anyone have concrete proof that the influx of migrants coming in are all vacinated and free from carrying any of these diseases?  I'm talking concrete proof.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 73

@Soosie wrote:

Has something changed in our country that has cause the outbreak of all of these diseases?

YES. The Republican Party and their Propaganda Ministry have polluted the airways with so much anti-science and non-logic American parents have been scared into voting for Trump AND not getting their kids vaccinated.

Thanks to Republicans, our public health services have been reduced to 3d World status while helping redistribute wealth from the Middle to the very top via the most expensive but 27th most effective health care system in the World.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 73

@Soosie wrote:

Has something changed in our country that has cause the outbreak of all of these diseases?

Could be the stand on vaccinations taken by Donald J. Trump, President of The United States, @Soosie .

Multiple tweets by this IDIOT of a president linking vaccinations with autism.

Such as............."Healthy child goes to doctor, gets pumped with vaccinations, ends up with autism. Many cases."- Donald J. Trump

He is personally causing deaths across the land.

He should be removed from office for crimes against humanity and tried for same.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 73

@ManicProgressive wrote:

I don’t get it. I’m old enough to remember people in my parents’ generation had all kids of birth defects from their moms having these diseases while pregnant. 

We are not educating our younger generations well enough.

I happen to think that we are experiencing a descent of our culture, and finally the dummy down that we have all seen on our TV programming finally is having its effects. we have actually going back in civilization and what we used to acknowledge that now is not there.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 73

I don’t get it. I’m old enough to remember people in my parents’ generation had all kids of birth defects from their moms having these diseases while pregnant. 

We are not educating our younger generations well enough.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 73
  • 2018: The U.S. experienced 17 outbreaks in 2018. Three outbreaks in New York State, New York City, and New Jersey, respectively, contributed to most of the cases. Cases in those states occurred primarily among unvaccinated people in Orthodox Jewish communities. These outbreaks were associated with travelers who brought measles back from Israel, where a large outbreak is occurring. Eighty-two people brought measles to the U.S. from other countries in 2018. This is the greatest number of imported cases since measles was eliminated from the U.S. in 2000.

Just when you think it safe to go unprotected, someone you don't even know brings back a case of measles or chicken pox. Even if you are vaccinated, it is not 100% effective so you must protect yourself  even if every other person in your community was vaccinated. 

Also remember, we once had millions of cases a year.  We are just at the point where these diseases are almost eradicated. 

https://www.cdc.gov/measles/cases-outbreaks.html

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 73
Because some parents have stopped having their children inoculated and schools use to require certificates from doctors that children were up to date on their shots. So instead of being a forward country we have reverted backwards and now put the population at risk.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 73

Because the mentality of this country is today, that no one can tell them what to do.
I couldn't care less if they don't want to vaccinate their kids. but I do believe that if that is the case, then they should not be allowed in the Public School system and contaminate and infect the other children.

Let them form their own schools, home school and not allowed to be in public areas. Unless the government starts by really controlling what citizens can and cannot do. you are going to see a lot of these problems surfacing.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 73

@Soosie wrote:

God Wants Americans To Get Measles

Handbooks distributed in some Jewish communities in New York, as well as messages on hotlines, contradict the scientific consensus that vaccines are safe and highly effective.

The handbook, created by a group called Parents Educating and Advocating for Children’s Health, or Peach, is targeted at ultra-Orthodox Jews, whose expanding and insular communities are at the epicenter of one of the largest measles outbreaks in the United States in decades.

Peach’s handbook — with letters signed by rabbis and sections like “Halachic Points of Interest” — has become one of the main vehicles for misinformation among ultra-Orthodox groups, including Hasidim. Its message is being shared on hotlines and in group text messages.

“Vaccines contain monkey, rat and pig DNA as well as cow-serum blood, all of which are forbidden for consumption according to kosher dietary law,” Moishe Kahan, a contributing editor for Peach magazine, said in an email.

Source - https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/09/nyregion/jews-measles-vaccination.html

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views