Social Butterfly

Antifa Strikes Again

Angry White Counterprotesters in N.J. Mock George Floyd’s Killing

One man yelled while kneeling on the neck of another who was facedown on the ground. The ugly display drew a fierce condemnation.

The protest in the New Jersey township was similar to those that have unfolded across the United States since George Floyd was killed in police custody: About 70 people gathered to rally against police brutality and systemic racism.

But as the diverse group marched along Monday, waving signs and chanting slogans in support of the Black Lives Matter movement, it was met by several white men who had gathered near a sign that said “All Lives Matter” and in front of a pickup truck draped with an American flag and a pro-Trump sign.

One of the men yelled at the marchers angrily while kneeling on the neck of another who was facedown on the ground — an apparent attempt to mock the killing of Mr. Floyd, a black man who died in Minneapolis after a white officer knelt on his neck for nearly nine minutes.

Condemnation of the scene, which was captured on video, came quickly. The mayor and the police chief in Franklin Township, the South Jersey community where it happened, issued a statement calling the episode “revolting” and saying that it had left them “appalled and saddened.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/09/nyregion/george-floyd-protest-franklinville-nj.html?action=click&...

------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't let the article and video in the failing, fake news NYT fool you. This was all set up by Antifa to make Trump look bad. Trump voters would never have a flag and a Trump sign in plain view while conducting themselves in this manner. They're much too smart for that.

This is a tremendous hideous plot by Antifa. Liberals would have to be nuttier than squirrel poop to think Trump voters are capable of this atrocity. A tremendous hoax! Very, very tremendous!

Esteemed Social Butterfly

@LouLit01 wrote:

Angry White Counterprotesters in N.J. Mock George Floyd’s Killing

One man yelled while kneeling on the neck of another who was facedown on the ground. The ugly display drew a fierce condemnation.

The protest in the New Jersey township was similar to those that have unfolded across the United States since George Floyd was killed in police custody: About 70 people gathered to rally against police brutality and systemic racism.

But as the diverse group marched along Monday, waving signs and chanting slogans in support of the Black Lives Matter movement, it was met by several white men who had gathered near a sign that said “All Lives Matter” and in front of a pickup truck draped with an American flag and a pro-Trump sign.

One of the men yelled at the marchers angrily while kneeling on the neck of another who was facedown on the ground — an apparent attempt to mock the killing of Mr. Floyd, a black man who died in Minneapolis after a white officer knelt on his neck for nearly nine minutes.

Condemnation of the scene, which was captured on video, came quickly. The mayor and the police chief in Franklin Township, the South Jersey community where it happened, issued a statement calling the episode “revolting” and saying that it had left them “appalled and saddened.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/09/nyregion/george-floyd-protest-franklinville-nj.html?action=click&...

------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't let the article and video in the failing, fake news NYT fool you. This was all set up by Antifa to make Trump look bad. Trump voters would never have a flag and a Trump sign in plain view while conducting themselves in this manner. They're much too smart for that.

This is a tremendous hideous plot by Antifa. Liberals would have to be nuttier than squirrel poop to think Trump voters are capable of this atrocity. A tremendous hoax! Very, very tremendous!

Oh come on, @LouLit01 , now you know there were many fine people on both sides.

@CathieM615960, sometimes an incident or action goes so far beyond the realm of human understanding, that the only way to respond is with sarcasm.

Social Butterfly

To the person who believes "This is fake news",

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You mean me? I gather you missed the sarcasm, that's okay.

What bothered me was the part about copy/pasting. Plagiarism has no home here. Every word I post that isn't mine I attribute to its author or publisher. (Complete with link)

So if you want to knock me about a post I wrote in jest, no problem. But, please never say or imply I'm posting someone else's work as my own.

Have a nice day.

Thank you for the article.

To the person who believes "This is fake news", I read your opinion and dismissed it as fear mongering rhetoric, cut and pasted from a political operative opinion piece. The views you expressed  certainly can not be supported by fact.

We all need to read with skepticism and I wonder if the person responding to the piece has done any hard work about his response. I would suggest https://www.allsides.com/media-bias/media-bias-ratings as a good place to start to determine your news sources leanings. I like to read a cross section of news sources and encourage you to do the same.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png