Join Dr. Catherine Alicia Georges and Amy Goyer at 10:15 a.m. ET Wednesday for an AARP telephone town hall on family caregiving issues. Register here.

Reply
Trusted Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
145
Views

Re: Antifa Mob Vandalises Tucker Carlson's House

145 Views
Message 1 of 208

@rk9152 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:


Regardless of the definition and possibility of a cracked door, what are your thoughts about the harassment of family members in their homes because you disagree politically with an individual?


The bible in Exodus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, and Jeremiah says that the sins of the father shall be visited upon the sons - are you gainsaying what God through the scripture says should be?

 

Are you saying that secular beliefs and namby-pamby niceties should override what god said in the bible?

 

Many conservative claim that the nation was always a christin nation and that the constitution is biblically based...

Are you suggesting that's not true?


Tucker Carlson has three daughters and one son. It is only known that his wife was home.  So, the Antifa Mob definitely psychologically attacked his wife.  What does God say about attacks on wives and daughters?

 

Anyway, "sins of the father shall be visited upon the sons" is a prediction rather than a commandment or recommendation.


You are wasting your time. The question is, "Do YOU approve of the harassment of the family of someone you disagree with politically in their home?" and rather than seem to side with Carlson, the resident lefties are playing all sorts of games.


I don't even approve of Jehovah's Witnesses knocking on my door!  I disapprove of all involuntary, high pressure advertising, including religious, let alone political, proselytization.

Old Witch
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
145
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
152
Views

Re: Antifa Mob Vandalises Tucker Carlson's House

152 Views
Message 2 of 208

@alferdpacker wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:


Regardless of the definition and possibility of a cracked door, what are your thoughts about the harassment of family members in their homes because you disagree politically with an individual?


The bible in Exodus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, and Jeremiah says that the sins of the father shall be visited upon the sons - are you gainsaying what God through the scripture says should be?

 

Are you saying that secular beliefs and namby-pamby niceties should override what god said in the bible?

 

Many conservative claim that the nation was always a christin nation and that the constitution is biblically based...

Are you suggesting that's not true?


Tucker Carlson has three daughters and one son. It is only known that his wife was home.  So, the Antifa Mob definitely psychologically attacked his wife.  What does God say about attacks on wives and daughters?

 

Anyway, "sins of the father shall be visited upon the sons" is a prediction rather than a commandment or recommendation.


Shall is an imperative, is it not?

It is in the context of the passages I made reference to.

In law in the US - "shall" means mandated - while "may" leaves a choice.

 

Not too long ago, I made use of "shall" in written law - I was stopped while driving for not signalling long enough before a lane change - was aked if I "had anything to drink" told the truth - I haven't consumed any alcoholic beverages for over twenty years.  

Was asked to step out of the car and perform Field Sobriety Tests - I exited the car but declined to perform any field sobriety test because in addition to being excessively subjective - they are strictly voluntary - I was arrested and told I would be taken to the station and would have to take a breathalyzer test - I corrected the officer and said I would only consent to a blood test - because the choice between a blood and breath test is soley the choice of the person suspected of being intoxicated in my state - the law says that the choice of test made by the suspect shall be the test performed.

A blood draw was performed 0.00 BAC, zero opoids, zero THC, zero cocaine - I was taken back to my car, which I parked in a shopping center parking lot, and not on the street, thus delaying any tow away by at least 24 hrs.


In archaic English, "shalt" is used for second person commands, e.g., "Thou shalt not kill."  Both shall and will are used to express future tense in modern English.  In my opinion, legislators typically have very poor writing skills as I pointed out here:

 

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Politics-Current-Events/Speaking-of-Vaguely-Worded-Liberal-Laws/td-p/2...

 

and here

 

https://community.aarp.org/t5/Politics-Current-Events/How-Democrats-Cheat-in-Elections/td-p/2076948/...

 

Of course, liberals and sometime even conservatives don't complain about the letter of the law being nonsense as long as they believe that the intent of the law favors them.  Vaguely written laws allow government prosecutors to selectively prosecute people for political purposes and judges to legislate from the bench by pretending to read the minds of legislators with regard to the intent of the law.  In my opinion, no person should ever be arrested or convicted solely on the imagined intent of a law because the accused cannot be expected to read the minds of legislators.  "Ignorance of the law is no excuse." should be "Ignorance of the letter of the law is no excuse." because ignorance of the intent of the law certainly is a valid excuse.  Thus, even "Ignorance of the law is no excuse." is poorly written.  Vaguely written laws favor lawyers the most.

Old Witch
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
152
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
163
Views

Re: Antifa Mob Vandalises Tucker Carlson's House

163 Views
Message 3 of 208

@rk9152 wrote:


You are wasting your time. The question is, "Do YOU approve of the harassment of the family of someone you disagree with politically in their home?" and rather than seem to side with Carlson, the resident lefties are playing all sorts of games.


I promise to answer what - IMO - is a baiting question - the day after hell freezes...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
163
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
175
Views

Re: Antifa Mob Vandalises Tucker Carlson's House

175 Views
Message 4 of 208

@aruzinsky wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:


Regardless of the definition and possibility of a cracked door, what are your thoughts about the harassment of family members in their homes because you disagree politically with an individual?


The bible in Exodus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, and Jeremiah says that the sins of the father shall be visited upon the sons - are you gainsaying what God through the scripture says should be?

 

Are you saying that secular beliefs and namby-pamby niceties should override what god said in the bible?

 

Many conservative claim that the nation was always a christin nation and that the constitution is biblically based...

Are you suggesting that's not true?


Tucker Carlson has three daughters and one son. It is only known that his wife was home.  So, the Antifa Mob definitely psychologically attacked his wife.  What does God say about attacks on wives and daughters?

 

Anyway, "sins of the father shall be visited upon the sons" is a prediction rather than a commandment or recommendation.


You are wasting your time. The question is, "Do YOU approve of the harassment of the family of someone you disagree with politically in their home?" and rather than seem to side with Carlson, the resident lefties are playing all sorts of games.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
175
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
197
Views

Re: Antifa Mob Vandalises Tucker Carlson's House

197 Views
Message 5 of 208

@aruzinsky wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:


Regardless of the definition and possibility of a cracked door, what are your thoughts about the harassment of family members in their homes because you disagree politically with an individual?


The bible in Exodus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, and Jeremiah says that the sins of the father shall be visited upon the sons - are you gainsaying what God through the scripture says should be?

 

Are you saying that secular beliefs and namby-pamby niceties should override what god said in the bible?

 

Many conservative claim that the nation was always a christin nation and that the constitution is biblically based...

Are you suggesting that's not true?


Tucker Carlson has three daughters and one son. It is only known that his wife was home.  So, the Antifa Mob definitely psychologically attacked his wife.  What does God say about attacks on wives and daughters?

 

Anyway, "sins of the father shall be visited upon the sons" is a prediction rather than a commandment or recommendation.


Shall is an imperative, is it not?

It is in the context of the passages I made reference to.

In law in the US - "shall" means mandated - while "may" leaves a choice.

 

Not too long ago, I made use of "shall" in written law - I was stopped while driving for not signalling long enough before a lane change - was aked if I "had anything to drink" told the truth - I haven't consumed any alcoholic beverages for over twenty years.  

Was asked to step out of the car and perform Field Sobriety Tests - I exited the car but declined to perform any field sobriety test because in addition to being excessively subjective - they are strictly voluntary - I was arrested and told I would be taken to the station and would have to take a breathalyzer test - I corrected the officer and said I would only consent to a blood test - because the choice between a blood and breath test is soley the choice of the person suspected of being intoxicated in my state - the law says that the choice of test made by the suspect shall be the test performed.

A blood draw was performed 0.00 BAC, zero opoids, zero THC, zero cocaine - I was taken back to my car, which I parked in a shopping center parking lot, and not on the street, thus delaying any tow away by at least 24 hrs.

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
197
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
203
Views

Re: Antifa Mob Vandalises Tucker Carlson's House

203 Views
Message 6 of 208

@alferdpacker wrote:


Regardless of the definition and possibility of a cracked door, what are your thoughts about the harassment of family members in their homes because you disagree politically with an individual?


The bible in Exodus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, and Jeremiah says that the sins of the father shall be visited upon the sons - are you gainsaying what God through the scripture says should be?

 

Are you saying that secular beliefs and namby-pamby niceties should override what god said in the bible?

 

Many conservative claim that the nation was always a christin nation and that the constitution is biblically based...

Are you suggesting that's not true?


Tucker Carlson has three daughters and one son. It is only known that his wife was home.  So, the Antifa Mob definitely psychologically attacked his wife.  What does God say about attacks on wives and daughters?

 

Anyway, "sins of the father shall be visited upon the sons" is a prediction rather than a commandment or recommendation.

Old Witch
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
203
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
210
Views

Re: Antifa Mob Vandalises Tucker Carlson's House

210 Views
Message 7 of 208


Regardless of the definition and possibility of a cracked door, what are your thoughts about the harassment of family members in their homes because you disagree politically with an individual?


The bible in Exodus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, and Jeremiah says that the sins of the father shall be visited upon the sons - are you gainsaying what God through the scripture says should be?

 

Are you saying that secular beliefs and namby-pamby niceties should override what god said in the bible?

 

Many conservative claim that the nation was always a christin nation and that the constitution is biblically based...

Are you suggesting that's not true?

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
210
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
213
Views

Re: Antifa Mob Vandalises Tucker Carlson's House

213 Views
Message 8 of 208

@alferdpacker wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

There are nits being picked all over the place here.

 

The bottom line is whether or not we, as a society, approve of the harassment of the families of those with whom we disagree with politically - and particularly in their homes.


Regarding the importance of nit picking, when talking about physical reality, God is in the details, and, when talking about social reality, the Devil is in the details.  For example, one social detail is that many of the liberals here falsely claimed that a photograph of the door's exterior is irrefutable evidence that the door is not cracked.  Is that the "Devil" or is it not?  And, I reiterate:

DoorCrackStressDiagram.png

 


Are there law enforcement and other pictures taken by persons who have sworn an oath under pain of perjury that those really are pictures of the inside of Tucker Carlson's front door?

 

Is there valid and verifiable dated photographic evidence that no cracks existed immediately prior to the date of the protest?

 

Are any of the above certified factual by a deity?

 

 

...

So, you want a much higher standard to be applied to hypothetical photographs of the inside of the door than to the existing photograph of outside of the door. Liberal double standard strikes again!

Old Witch
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
213
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
213
Views

Re: Antifa Mob Vandalises Tucker Carlson's House

213 Views
Message 9 of 208

@williamb39198 wrote:

@aruzinsky

@rk9152

I made no claims that the door was not cracked. An accusation of the door being cracked by protesters was made. I would just like to verify that, yes or no. 

And I stated that Az might be right. But I also feel that the only way my solid core door might be cracked is to hit it, at least,

with a number of bashes with a sledge hammer. Probably easier to break the door jam than crack the door. 

So, why is so tough to just make this easy and provide photos of the alleged crack. Some evidence?...inside or outside. Door or jam?

By the way, the door in the photo looks just fine. 

 

Never Forget

How would I know why Tucker Carlson didn't take photos of the inside of his door to prove his statement that the door was cracked?  Maybe, because, if he did, liberals would accuse him of cracking it himself.

Old Witch
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
213
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
220
Views

Re: Antifa Mob Vandalises Tucker Carlson's House

220 Views
Message 10 of 208

@williamb39198 wrote:

@aruzinsky

@rk9152

I made no claims that the door was not cracked. An accusation of the door being cracked by protesters was made. I would just like to verify that, yes or no. 

And I stated that Az might be right. But I also feel that the only way my solid core door might be cracked is to hit it, at least,

with a number of bashes with a sledge hammer. Probably easier to break the door jam than crack the door. 

So, why is so tough to just make this easy and provide photos of the alleged crack. Some evidence?...inside or outside. Door or jam?

By the way, the door in the photo looks just fine. 

 

Never Forget


Regardless of the definition and possibility of a cracked door, what are your thoughts about the harassment of family members in their homes because you disagree politically with an individual?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
220
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22

Top Authors