Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Anti-gay Kentucky judge must hear LGBTQ cases

Message 61 of 95

@alferdpacker wrote:

At issue is a "judge" who cannot follow the dictates of the law because his extreme personal prejudicial bias intrudes and makes it impossible for him to administer the secular law of this nation impartially.

Wouldn't that be a personal opinion based on your biases?  How many gay couples is going to come before him?  And why can't he recuse himself because he couldn't honestly act in this matter, but others can recuse themselves for such reasons or because of other factors?

No, wouldn't it because some want to do what they claim others are doing, forcing their personal opinions on others.  If they are like some posters here they are completely biased against anyone who has opinions other than themselves and has showed themselves to be vocal by using buzz words to describe them. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 95

I believe that the Judge did the honorable thing. Rather than allowing his deeply help personal feelings effect his decision, he recused himself.

The only reason someone would not see it that way would out of fear of being called a bigot for disagreeing with www.lgbtqnation.com.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 95

Tx--No I don't think I'm being biased toward the judge. What I think is that this court system should have accepted the fact that this man cannot be unbiased when it came to people whose sexual orientations differed  from that of his own, and allow him to continue with recusal.

Since  the court stepped in, and demanded this man hear ALL cases, I feel that it is the people standing before him who are facing bias.

This has nothing to do with being a liberal or a conservative, this has to do with fair and equal rights for all who  stand before any judge in any court room.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 95

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Isn't that what happened in Germany and Soviet Russia?

No, it wasn't.

At issue is a "judge" who cannot follow the dictates of the law because his extreme personal prejudicial bias intrudes and makes it impossible for him to administer the secular law of this nation impartially.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 95

@pc6063 wrote:

By recusing himself from  LGBTQ cases, he has told the court system that he cannot be unbiased when these people are before him.

Aren't you being biased toward this Judge who admits his bias?  At he is honest in attempting to recuse himself from particular cases.  Who would want him to have these matters before him when secretly being biased?

Everyone has a certain amount of bias toward many things, and it takes an honest person to admit they are biased.  From what I note here, there are many who are completely biased against anyone who actually attempt to be tolerent even if they have a different opinion. 

I find the attempts from the liberal crowd to force their opinions on everyone as bad or worse than those they claim are conservatives.  Isn't that what happened in Germany and Soviet Russia?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 95

To all– –As a way of explanation as to why this judge should probably find a new profession, I was wondering how people would feel if they were from state X, Y or Z, and this judge had come out openly and said  he could not be on unbias toward people from states X, Y or Z. Would you want to stand before him?

By recusing himself from  LGBTQ cases, he has told the court system that he cannot be unbiased when these people are before him.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 95

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Trump and his ties to Russia and Putin are making it the new "Amerika".

Of course Trump has nothing to do with this Judge in Kentucky does he?  But you just had to throw his name into the discussion as usual?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 95

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

What do you think "his verdicts" should be?  The word "appears" is interesting.

Perhaps the word 'appears' is wrong.  Of course there's no question about what activists want.   They don't want the Judge to be able to recuse himself from a matter he can't fairly handle, there is no doubt they can't stand anyone who disagrees with them.

And according to activists, no one has a right to any opinion or belief other than theirs.  Welcome to the new Amerika.

Trump and his ties to Russia and Putin are making it the new "Amerika".

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 95

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

We will eventually find out whose opinion is the erroneous one, won't we?

People far more knowledgable in the Constitution, law, and judicial canons than anyone posting here will be making that determination.

Doesn't that include your legalese type posts?  Don't bother with the  usual frivolous replies as they'll be ignored.

Nevertheless - we WILL find out, won't we?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 95

@alferdpacker wrote:

We will eventually find out whose opinion is the erroneous one, won't we?

People far more knowledgable in the Constitution, law, and judicial canons than anyone posting here will be making that determination.

Doesn't that include your legalese type posts?  Don't bother with the  usual frivolous replies as they'll be ignored.

Kudos
Views