Social Butterfly

Anti-Trump Lincoln Project Busted for Copying Other People's Tweets and More on a Trump hatin' group

Just another bunch of insane Trump haters and losers blaming President Trump for everything. 

COMMENTARY  By Michael Austin

The Lincoln Project, an organization of NeverTrump grifters, made news this past week for their intellectual dishonesty.

NBC News reporter Brandy Zadrozny discovered that the group was copying content from other Twitter accounts and promoting it as if it was their own.

Showing side-by-side pictures of Lincoln Project tweets next to near-identical messages that had been published by other accounts, Zadrozny ripped the organization for stealing creative content.

“Stealing from creators is a nonpartisan crime,” Zadrozny tweeted along with the damning photos.

Other Twitter users then came out of the woodwork to pile on with their own proof of The Lincoln Project’s intellectual theft.

The Lincoln Project Twitter account responded to one of the many accusations, not to deny it but rather to suggest the user had no right to be upset.

“[Y]ou’re upset that we posted a video you didn’t film featuring a song you don’t have the rights to. Did I get that right?” The Lincoln Project wrote.

Conservative commentator Stephen L. Miller condemned the project with a tweet of his own:

“Soliciting donations and promoting yourselves on lib TV by ripping other people’s content,” Miller wrote.

“Just as Lincoln would have done.”

With each new tweet, The Lincoln Project continues to show the world who they really are — a sorry collective of spurned Republican strategists looking to make some quick cash off of their NeverTrump grift.

This theory is supported by a New York Post report that claimed one of The Lincoln Project’s co-founders was rejected after seeking out a position in Trump’s 2016 campaign.

The co-founder, Steve Schmidt, is a former GOP strategist who had worked on John McCain’s 2008 campaign.

According to the report, Trump was averse to hiring Schmidt, with one source recalling that Trump viewed Schmidt as “very untrustworthy” and a “total idiot.”

Now, Schmidt describes Trump as a dangerous racist.

Schmidt likely doesn’t believe Trump is actually a racist.

He just stole the idea from his left-wing allies in much the same way his organization steals ideas from left-wingers on Twitter.

https://www.westernjournal.com/anti-trump-lincoln-project-busted-copying-peoples-tweets/

lincoln project and the embittered former gop grifters  Aug 2020.png

You can lead a Liberal to knowledge, but you can't make'em THINK! 😞
Trump 2020!!!
Trusted Social Butterfly

What do you mean by busted?

Honored Social Butterfly

I saw something posting about "the truth".  Did someone actually find some factual references to back up the claims made in the OPINION piece that started this thread or are we still waiting on those facts?

Social Butterfly

Richva wrote:

I saw something posting about "the truth".  Did someone actually find some factual references to back up the claims made in the OPINION piece that started this thread or are we still waiting on those facts?

sunluvngal:

lol At least you asked...you didn't proclaim your own biased "truth". Thank you for that...😁

Trump 2020!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Lincoln Project must be swinging a bunch of hitherto invisible moderate Republicans for the GOPerLords to have rallied so many of their dupes trying to debunk their spot-on campaign ads. Only one's left in the tRump camp are going to be the birthers, Nazi's and QAnons. Sad to see what was once a force for good go so bad.

Social Butterfly

The Lincoln Project Members Were Exposed as Guilty of the Very Accusations They Make and Now Are Lashing Out

How DARE anyone expose the truth about them, while they are busy disseminating lies…?

There is an admission needed that there is a weakness on my side when it comes to the Never-Trump crowd. It is not rooted in the knee-jerk defense of the President but is a pure reaction to the smug condescension from self-avowed keepers of the ‘’true conservative’’ flame. Political opposition I can accept, but when being called inferior over conservative legitimacy by a group of blatant leftists, I’m sorry — ridicule and derision are going to happen.

The latest entails that gaggle of hucksters from The Lincoln Project. The crowd of self-guilding political ‘’operatives’’ has been gradually exposed on the regular in recent weeks, and the latest has arrived via the New York Post. Reporter Ebony Bowden has a tasty expose’ on the various members of TLP, and most amusing is they are rather upset about it. How dare anyone resort to their own tactics!

The group should be known instead as the ‘’Hypocrisy Project’’, based on the facts showing that what they complain the loudest about. Rick Wilson has been in the midst of a particularly glaring flameout. The man who loves vulgarly describing President Trump’s racism has been exposed as harboring confederate affections. His infamous Rebel Flag beer cooler has rendered that extension of his bile as now moot. But other contradictions have come to light.

Wilson has been harping on Trump about his lack of tax return transparency, but that seems projection now. He currently has a massive tax lien on his home. On top of this, the man who enjoys mocking Trump over being broke is also saddled with credit card debt to the tune of tens of thousands. And Wilson is hardly the lone prevaricator.

Fellow member John Weaver, who hails from the dismal John Kasich campaign is especially noteworthy. As the Lincoln Project has not shied away from the disproven Russian collusion story it has just been revealed he was registered as a Russian agent in order to lobby on behalf of Russian interests. It was not a matter of digging into his past either; Weaver obtained this status last summer, long after all matters concerning Russia have been demonized for years.

Weaver has also been on the frontlines of referring to Trump as a tax cheat and fraudster. And Weaver has also found himself sitting on a massive tax lien on his home as well. And just to cap it off Weaver has ironically slammed Trump over his failed business dealings. Well the Post has found that Weaver and his wife have a lawsuit leveled against them by a Texas mall owner over their clothing business.

Just to complete the trifecta we get Steve Schmidt, who enjoys a preferred status at MSNBC for being a GOP political strategist, is found to be lacking in political heft. His residence is in the state of Utah, but that state has effectively delisted Schmidt from the voting rolls. He has become labeled as an ‘’Inactive voter’’ due to inactivity over the past 2 years, as well as failing to respond to communications looking to confirm his status.

The result of this recent piece has brought out the daggers from The Lincoln Project. Bowden has come forward after the release of the article to say that she has been on the receiving end of serious aggression from the members. She cites Schmidt in particular as being particularly hostile.

Ebony Bowden
@ebonybowden
I've worked on many difficult stories and I've never had anyone try to discredit me as hard as @SteveSchmidtSES is trying to. We stand by our story on how the founders of the @ProjectLincoln are deep in debt and linked to Russia. I won't be bullied and that's all I have to say.
stinkin lincoln OCT 2020.png

Trump 2020!!!
Social Butterfly

Kellyanne Fires Back: Lincoln Project Members 'All Failed'

Kellyanne Conway Thursday hit back at the members of the Lincoln Project, the anti-Trump group her husband George Conway helped found, saying they "all failed" at their careers as campaign managers.

She also criticized a Fox News host for asking her about the slam President Donald Trump made on the group over its "Mourning in America" advertisement

"To my point, they all failed," the presidential counselor told Fox News "Outnumbered Overtime" host Harris Faulkner. "They never succeeded the way I did as campaign manager and they never got their candidate where my candidate got. He's president of the United States, mostly because of what he did and the vice president. They are our two greatest assets."

However, she told Faulkner that the questions about the president's anger over the Lincoln Project's advertisement, as shown in an early morning tweetstorm during which he slammed her husband and other project members, wouldn't have come up if George Conway wasn't her husband. 

"It certainly is about my husband, or you would have quoted other people in the group," she told Faulkner, after the veteran show host quoted from an opinion piece he'd written for The Washington Post Wednesday. In the piece, Conway said Trump lashed out at him and others in the Lincoln Project on Twitter because "he fears being revealed as a fake or deranged, he’ll call others fake or deranged. Because he fears losing, he’ll call them losers instead."

Harris said that another member of the group, Rick Wilson, also had written an article that was "a little bit blue for our taste" and that she didn't want the language to be on the show. 

"You will never get the time back that you are spending reading these columns," Conway told her. Conway added that if she was the Trump campaign, she'd worry more about another group, American Priorities, which has booked $65 million in advertising. 

"That's been all over the news, but I don't see you writing that, because I guess whoever is running American Priorities, his wife doesn't work at the White House and isn't on your show right now, so we can't play that game," she said.

"The president didn't tweet about them, though," Faulkner told her.

Conway added that Trump "mostly" ignores the Lincoln Project but "once in a while he doesn't."

"He also wanted to expose a number of people in that group who act like they are so dignified and holier-than-thou than everyone," said Conway. 

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/kellyanne-conway-george-conway-lincoln-project-trump/2020/05/07/id/...

Trump 2020!!!
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

There is no honor among liars and thieves...

Anti-Trump group The Lincoln Project is angering liberals by stealing their memes

by Peter Heck · Aug 19th, 2020

The Lincoln Project, a political action committee made up of former Republican strategists and activists spurned by the Trump Administration, is in hot water for its habit of stealing memes and passing them off, without attribution, as its own.

The Lincoln Project has become known for raising large amounts of money and spending at least some of it on a bevy of anti-Trump ads on television and online. But a recent trend of meme-pilfering is generating the ire of would-be allies on the political left.

The most recent intellectual property theft occurred with a humorous "fancam" clip that was created by someone named Taylor Marsyla who tweeted it out on Friday night. By Saturday morning, she found out that the Lincoln Project had ripped the video, repurposed it by changing the theme song and switching the overlaying text.

"I wasn't surprised that it was stolen, but I was surprised by who it was stolen by. And the fact that they watered it down. Now it's not funny," Marsyla told The Vergein an interview Monday.

Before the Marsyla meme theft, left-wing video editor Vic Berger IV called out the anti-Trump Republicans for stealing his idea:

I made this image and the Iraqi child-killing neocons at The Lincoln Project stole it.

It is not just large online accounts that the Lincoln Project trolls for content. Even small, seemingly inconspicuous users like Kelly Hui have been targeted.

"I'm a young person," Hui told The Verge. "I'm a woman of color. I also have like a very small internet presence and to see that sort of erasure of my tweet, even if it's just like a couple cute emojis, to have it co-opted by the huge organization which, to my understanding, is probably run by middle-aged white men, it just sucks."

The Lincoln Project has not yet publicly commented on its meme aggregation practices.

https://disrn.com/news/anti-trump-group-the-lincoln-project-is-angering-liberals-by-stealing-their-m...

Trump 2020!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

You are exactly right ...... that is why there is no honor in the Republican Party or in the White House Administration.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Social Butterfly

ChasKy53 wrote:

@sunluvngal wrote:

You are exactly right ...... that is why there is no honor in the Republican Party or in the White House Administration.

sunluvngal:

judge judy animated.gif

Typical dems, taking somebody elses words and twisting them to suit your agenda.  Can't ya'll find your own words to describe your views or is plagiarizing a democrat/biden thang...🤔

Trump 2020!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

Can't ya'll find your own words to describe your views or is plagiarizing a democrat/biden thang...🤔

Obviously you're confused over what constitutes plagiarism. Trump's administration has been a revolving door of crooks, thieves, and liars, many have been prosecuted and even some imprisoned. 

Nope, no "honor" there !  ROFLMAO !!!!

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Social Butterfly

sunluvngal wrote:

Can't ya'll find your own words to describe your views or is plagiarizing a democrat/biden thang...🤔

ChasKy53:

Obviously you're confused over what constitutes plagiarism. Trump's administration has been a revolving door of crooks, thieves, and liars, many have been prosecuted and even some imprisoned. 

sunluvngal:

Nope, no confusion going on here. Ya'll do a lot of LOL ROFLMAO etc...not sure if that's hysteria or a cover up...

More importantly and addressing the topic...the lincoln rejects are a bunch of losers, liars, crooks and failed in their jobs and were rejected by this President.  Now they want revenge on a President that they know, first hand, is none of the things they are...and that is what upsets them the most.

Trump 2020!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

sunluvngal wrote:

ChasKy53:

sunluvngal:

Nope, no confusion going on here. Ya'll do a lot of LOL ROFLMAO etc...not sure if that's hysteria or a cover up...

More importantly and addressing the topic...the lincoln rejects are a bunch of losers, liars, crooks and failed in their jobs and were rejected by this President.  Now they want revenge on a President that they know, first hand, is none of the things they are...and that is what upsets them the most.

Here is something for you past the Lincoln project. Keep in mind the Lincoln project was designed and implemented by thinking Rep. who left the party after Trump took it over. They were the leaders of the party which all Rep. talked glowing about. The Lincoln project has gone after Trump for what he did with the virus in AZ, and other things.

What Trump did in AZ was end a working control policy and had the Gov. replace it with his own policy.

The Trump policy lead to uncontrolled spread of the virus and deaths due to the virus. The medical experts in AZ, and most mayors of local Govt. opposed the Trump policy. At one point AZ was the worst spot in the world for the virus. The Navajo Nation closed its borders with AZ as did NM,CO. NM threw AZ residents staying in its State parks out. CA, NM, CO required a 14 day isolation before an AZ could travel more than one day, and the same for anyone returning from AZ. Mexico even stiffened border policy.

The far right in AZ has backed the Trump policy which caused all this illness and deaths. Can you defend that policy in a way that would make all the restrictions on AZ from out side groups go away.

That is far more important than the Lincoln project to the health and well being of the people of AZ.

Social Butterfly

sunluvngal wrote:

Can't ya'll find your own words to describe your views or is plagiarizing a democrat/biden thang.

ChasKy53:

sunluvngal:

john258:

Here is something for you past the Lincoln project. Keep in mind the Lincoln project was designed and implemented by thinking Rep. who left the party after Trump took it over. They were the leaders of the party which all Rep. talked glowing about. The Lincoln project has gone after Trump for what he did with the virus in AZ, and other things. 

sunluvngal:

You need to do some serious research on what the lincoln rejects are all about and why they came to be...and it has nothing to do with what you say.

Trump 2020!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

sunluvngal wrote:

Can't ya'll find your own words to describe your views or is plagiarizing a democrat/biden thang.

ChasKy53:

sunluvngal:

john258:

sunluvngal:

You need to do some serious research on what the lincoln rejects are all about and why they came to be...and it has nothing to do with what you say.

I have and they were all good Rep. and served in the campaigns of many Reb. who ran for Office even President. They were praised and loved by the Rep They were paid a lot of money for their services, and spoke at Rep. events all over the country including the Rep. National Conv. They served in many jobs for Rep office holders including Rep Presidents.

Now answer my question to you about what the far right  Rep have done to AZ with Trump and the virus.

Social Butterfly

john258:

Now answer my question to you about what the far right  Rep have done to AZ with Trump and the virus.

sunluvngal:

I'm not sure what you're looking for...Arizona is doing just fine and getting better every day. We're opening up more and more. Not sure what that has to do with Republicans OR President Trump?  I believe it's just life...something nobody can control (not even President Trump OR Republicans) ...like mother nature...ya know?

Trump 2020!!!
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

President Donald Trump: a true Patriot, standing up for We The People against the crazies like the radical dems, liberals and the lincoln rejects...

and our America First Champion:

VOTE TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!!

flag make america great again Sept 2020.gif 

Trump 2020!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

President Donald Trump: a true Patriot,

No ... A traitor who repeatedly throws America under the bus to appease his Russian biddies!

standing up for We The People

No .... stands up for our enemies!

against the crazies like the radical dems, liberals and the lincoln rejects...

Democrats, liberals, the Lincoln Project and all other informed intelligent Americans recognize the need to remove "crazy" Trump from office!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

sunluvngal:  

President Donald Trump: a true Patriot, standing up for We The People against the crazies like the radical dems, liberals and the lincoln rejects...

and our America First Champion:

Small detail: a real "Patriot" would have kicked Russia's youknowwhat into another galaxy for putting bounties on American troops instead of looking the other way.

Honored Social Butterfly

Trump is NOT a patriot. He worked with Russia in order to win in 2016, and is allowing Russian interference again. That to me is TREASON! Vote him out and lock him up!
Social Butterfly

Tom5678 wrote:
Trump is NOT a patriot. He worked with Russia in order to win in 2016, and is allowing Russian interference again. That to me is TREASON! Vote him out and lock him up!

sunluvngal:

He is the finest example of a true Patriot that loves this country and the people in it... and the rest of your comment is simply false and/or wishful hate filled thinking! 

Trump 2020!!!
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png