Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Another White Male Mass Murder Tonight in Texas

Message 1 of 56

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Cent posted..
BUT again, the GOP, as a political party, has done NOTHING!!!! Think trump will sign a bill? Why won't the GOP vote on the Dem bill? It's much more inline with your proposals....get it yet?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

".get it yet?"

I get what your game is.  No, you don't!  Logic and Common sense isn't a game.

YOU POSTED.....Before we even know the details of the gunner except he was white AND A MALE....note the topic headline.....I made it easy for you.... Cent and others on the left are placing the blame on the GOP.  OF COURSE, because the do nothing GOP did NOTHING but block common sense gun control laws after Sandy Hook.  Remember Kidboy?  They also block any effort for gun control efforts after Las Vegas and the school in Florida.  Rememder Kidboy?  They blocked every effort to solutions that YOU recommended.  Rember Kidboy?  I'd suggest you are so politically biased you can't discern WHAT the GOP supports......"GOP good, everything else is Liberal and bad".

And THEN you had the audacity to blame Obama which has absolutely NOTHING to do with mass-murders.  If you were objective, you would know Obama did what he could with the same gun control measures YOU recommend, but the GOP Congress wouldn't support it.....and YOU support the GOP.  You have blood on YOUR hands.....not Obama, nor those who supported him.  YOU wrote.....

We have a segment of our country that thanks to President Obama and our media are showing their dislike for our police. Like the police are the bad guys...this could be the the reason the killer did what hew did ..he could have mental problems...lets wait to see.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 56
Cent posted..
BUT again, the GOP, as a political party, has done NOTHING!!!! Think trump will sign a bill? Why won't the GOP vote on the Dem bill? It's much more inline with your proposals....get it yet?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

".get it yet?"

I get what your game is.

Back on ignore!
Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 56

@KidBoy2 wrote:

cent post..

I posted..."small minded republican legislators "small minded republican legislators

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Cent responded...ALL support more guns, no restrictions" That is not true and you know it!

And STILL, you are unable to provide an example of one that doesn't.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

" ALL support more guns, no restrictions" All...what a statement ! Yet you STILL can't list any small-minded Republican legislators that don't support what William posted!!!!  Why is that???

So wrong and only a radical GOP hatter would post such a lie...just saying.  You are just saying, "you are unable to provide any names!  That's all your saying......it appears there's one RADICAL GOP LOVER that still doesn't unerstand that his beloved political party doesn't support what he does and he's unable to admit it.  Quite telling....

FYI...https://www.npr.org/2019/08/07/748827083/signs-of-republican-movement-to-support-gun-bills-with-new-...

Signs Of Republican Movement To Support Gun Bills With New Restrictions
August 7, 20195:00 AM ET
Deirdre Walsh, 2018
DEIRDRE WALSH

Republican Rep. Mike Turner represents Dayton, Ohio, where a mass shooting occurred over the weekend. He opposed a House bill expanding background checks but came out in favor of measures to ban assault-style weapons and proposals for red-flag bills.
Susan Walsh/AP
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is ignoring Democrats' efforts to pressure him into calling the Senate back from recess to vote on gun legislation to expand background checks following back to back mass shootings.

But there is movement among some Republican lawmakers, who are calling for action on some gun control measures.

GOP Rep. Mike Turner, who represents Dayton, Ohio, where a gunman used an assault-style weapon to kill nine people and injure at least 27, announced on Twitter on Tuesday that he now backs proposals to enact new limits on firearms.  And which of those that you listed, Kid, does he support?  Does the GOP support it?  No!  Is Turner the small-minded Republican legislature you wish to cite as an example?

With NRA's Internal Turmoil, Opponents See Opportunity To Advance Gun Restrictions
POLITICS
With NRA's Internal Turmoil, Opponents See Opportunity To Advance Gun Restrictions
"I will support legislation that prevents the sale of military-style weapons to civilians, a magazine limit, and red-flag legislation," he said. "The carnage these military-style weapons are able to produce when available to the wrong people is intolerable."

He added that he also backs so-called red-flag bills that make it so that it's easier to identify people who could harm others. "Too often after mass shootings," he said, "we hear there were early warning signs that were ignored."

Turner's statement is stunning, considering the National Rifle Association endorsed him ahead of the 2018 midterm elections.

Republican Sen. Rob Portman of Ohio, who voted against a bipartisan bill to expand background checks in 2013, told Roll Call in the Capitol on Tuesday, "I think we should look at everything."  BUT again, the GOP, as a political party, has done NOTHING!!!!  Think trump will sign a bill?  Why won't the GOP vote on the Dem bill?  It's much more inline with your proposals....get it yet?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 56

cent post..

I posted..."small minded republican legislators "small minded republican legislators

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Cent responded...ALL support more guns, no restrictions" That is not true and you know it!

And STILL, you are unable to provide an example of one that doesn't.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

" ALL support more guns, no restrictions" All...what a statement ! So wrong and only a radical GOP hatter would post such a lie...just saying.

FYI...https://www.npr.org/2019/08/07/748827083/signs-of-republican-movement-to-support-gun-bills-with-new-...

Signs Of Republican Movement To Support Gun Bills With New Restrictions
August 7, 20195:00 AM ET
Deirdre Walsh, 2018
DEIRDRE WALSH

Republican Rep. Mike Turner represents Dayton, Ohio, where a mass shooting occurred over the weekend. He opposed a House bill expanding background checks but came out in favor of measures to ban assault-style weapons and proposals for red-flag bills.
Susan Walsh/AP
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is ignoring Democrats' efforts to pressure him into calling the Senate back from recess to vote on gun legislation to expand background checks following back to back mass shootings.

But there is movement among some Republican lawmakers, who are calling for action on some gun control measures.

GOP Rep. Mike Turner, who represents Dayton, Ohio, where a gunman used an assault-style weapon to kill nine people and injure at least 27, announced on Twitter on Tuesday that he now backs proposals to enact new limits on firearms.

POLITICS
"I will support legislation that prevents the sale of military-style weapons to civilians, a magazine limit, and red-flag legislation," he said. "The carnage these military-style weapons are able to produce when available to the wrong people is intolerable."

He added that he also backs so-called red-flag bills that make it so that it's easier to identify people who could harm others. "Too often after mass shootings," he said, "we hear there were early warning signs that were ignored."

Turner's statement is stunning, considering the National Rifle Association endorsed him ahead of the 2018 midterm elections.

Republican Sen. Rob Portman of Ohio, who voted against a bipartisan bill to expand background checks in 2013, told Roll Call in the Capitol on Tuesday, "I think we should look at everything."

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 56

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Cent posted..

Now NONE of what you suggested above is a GOP solution....yet you blindly support the GOP. And you attack a poster who pointed that the GOP, as a party, prevents common sense legislation. This is the definition of political bias. Stunning how clear it is....

==================================

If this is attacking a poster so be it.  Yep!  One posted the GOP has done NOTHING and you attack him; yet EVERYTHING you suggest should be done is refused vy the GOP.  Guess YOU have to "live with" it.  The hypocrisy is clear.

williamb39198 posted..

"small minded republican legislators ALL support more guns, no restrictions" That is not true and you know it!  And STILL, you are unable to provide an example of one that doesn't.
C'mon Kidboy....you can do better.There's no need for more aguendo..... 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 56
Cent posted..

Now NONE of what you suggested above is a GOP solution....yet you blindly support the GOP. And you attack a poster who pointed that the GOP, as a party, prevents common sense legislation. This is the definition of political bias. Stunning how clear it is....

==================================

If this is attacking a poster so be it. If you do not like what I post that is your problem...live with it!

williamb39198 posted..

"small minded republican legislators ALL support more guns, no restrictions" That is not true and you know it!
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 56

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Thanks for asking...yes I have several. Gun show background checks...ban sales of assault type guns...reduce clip sizes.

Now NONE of what you suggested above is a GOP solution....yet you blindly support the GOP.  And you attack a poster who pointed that the GOP, as a party, prevents common sense legislation.  This is the definition of political bias.  Stunning how clear it is....

So why is THAT?

@KidBoy2 

Good question Cent. As I posted before, why do people support a Political Party that does not support the gun regulations that they support as an individual? Why attack and slander others for wanting the same regulations and refusing to support a political party that stands against them?  Makes absolutely no sense.

"The only thing that man learns from history is that man learns nothing from history."
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 56

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Thanks for asking...yes I have several. Gun show background checks...ban sales of assault type guns...reduce clip sizes.

Now NONE of what you suggested above is a GOP solution....yet you blindly support the GOP.  And you attack a poster who pointed that the GOP, as a party, prevents common sense legislation.  This is the definition of political bias.  Stunning how clear it is....

So why is THAT?

@KidBoy2 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 56

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Kid Boy, I doubt that gun control has anything to do about this situation since the Ator was turned down for purchasing firearms legally so he had to obtain one illegally.  All the laws on the books wouldn't have kept him from getting one.

Not quite. He could have legally bought one at a gun show. He could have legally bought one over the internet. He could have legally bought one from an individual. No questions asked. Yes, he could have gone to the black market, but there were legal means at his disposal.

There are any number of these mass murderers who obtained firearms through legal means, so taking away the preferred weapons of choice would next best thing we can do. Red flag laws could be a useful tool for law enforcement should someone with a criminal background or history of abuse be flagged while trying to purchase a firearm. I grant you it isn't foolproof. Nothing is. But we can at least make it more difficult. 

I find the ease of restrictions on Texas already liberal gun laws to be very disturbing. I also find it troubling that it is so easy to get a license to carry in Texas. It is a "shall issue" state, so the person purchasing a gun, even if for self defense, is not required to know how to use it safely. I fear the action of a dumb gun owner as much as one that is mentally unstable.

"Music can change the world because it can change people." - Bono
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 56

Another Military Style Assault Rifle used on our streets to kill the innocent. Weapons of War having no reason to be in any civilian's hands.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE

Top Authors