Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Another Peace Officer Killed In the Line of Duty

Message 51 of 59

Snoopy, Cent, RK--Asked my PD daughter about this one--This is what she said about the discharging of a police officer's weapon.

"The disharging of an officer's weapon should be the last resort, used only to protect self and others, and, again, after all else fails."

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 59

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Montana Sheriff's Deputy Killed, Suspects Caught After Chase

May the officer R.I.P. and our hearts go out to his family and loved ones.

In the line of duty.  Were would we be without our Police protecting us? Yep, there are some bad dudes out there, they aren't all alike.  They sound like they have mental health issues....going out to kill there kids.

Its makes me sick to have people bashing our police.  It makes me sick that some think all cops are "equal" and not recognizing the fact there are bad cops, or cops taking out their racism out on minorities.  Not very open-minded.  But let's be clear here, shall we? I have YET to see a post "bashing the police".  IMO, you made that up to make a point.  I have seen several posts pointing out bad police behavior on occassion.  There's a HUGE difference.

What a shame Deputy Moore didn't shoot first making Barrus an entry on your "victims" list.

Those who really support the law do not advocate murder no matter who is the murderer or victim.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 59

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

In the line of duty.  Were would we be without our Police protecting us? Yep, there are some bad dudes out there, they aren't all alike.  They sound like they have mental health issues....going out to kill there kids.

Its makes me sick to have people bashing our police.  It makes me sick that some think all cops are "equal" and not recognizing the fact there are bad cops, or cops taking out their racism out on minorities.  Not very open-minded.  But let's be clear here, shall we? I have YET to see a post "bashing the police".  IMO, you made that up to make a point.  I have seen several posts pointing out bad police behavior on occassion.  There's a HUGE difference.

What a shame Deputy Moore didn't shoot first making Barrus an entry on your "victims" list.

Yep, what a shame a cop didn't kill someone prior to a crime being committed.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 59

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 59

@pc6063 wrote:

OMG--In tears!  Last Tuesday, both my daughter and son-in-law were promoted to investigators within their PD.  This means they are off the streets and safer.  They will not be spared the horror, however, as they will now be in charge of the crime scene as it is secured and evidence is collected.  Have trouble sleeping some nights, will tonight, I'm sure.

Whatever it is you do--pray, send money, send love and light into the universe--do it

And please! Make sure you tell your spouse, significant other, children, grandchildren,--all those whom you love, that you do love them.

Congratulations on their promotions.  What a wonderful accomplishment.  You all are in my thoughts and prayers....

And as you noted, never miss an opportunity to show those you love, how much they mean to you.

May God bless you all.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 59

OMG--In tears!  Last Tuesday, both my daughter and son-in-law were promoted to investigators within their PD.  This means they are off the streets and safer.  They will not be spared the horror, however, as they will now be in charge of the crime scene as it is secured and evidence is collected.  Have trouble sleeping some nights, will tonight, I'm sure.

Whatever it is you do--pray, send money, send love and light into the universe--do it

And please! Make sure you tell your spouse, significant other, children, grandchildren,--all those whom you love, that you do love them.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 59

We are all sorry the officer died and we appreciate his sacrifice to keep us safe. Now, let's send some money to help support his widow.  Put your money where your "Like"s are!!!!!

https://www.gofundme.com/deputy-mason-moores-family

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 59

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Another Peace Officer Killed In the Line of Duty

Message 59 of 59

http://missoulian.com/news/local/prosecutors-men-made-u-turn-to-kill-deputy-tried-to/article_a1f7687...

Broadwater County Deputy Sheriff Mason Moore, a married father of three, survived the first gunshot wound he suffered while driving after a Belgrade man and his father at 100 miles per hour on a dark highway at 2:30 a.m. last Tuesday.

But he didn't survive the hail of two dozen bullets when the two men allegedly turned their car around, drove right up to where Moore's car had pulled to a stop, and fired again.

In the hours before they allegedly killed Moore, Marshall Barrus and his father Lloyd Barrus are accused of attempting to violently take Marshall’s children on what they termed a “suicide mission.”

That’s according to Broadwater County Attorney Cory Swanson, who filed a felony charge of accountability for deliberate homicide against Lloyd Barrus on Friday. Lloyd Barrus, 61, is being held on $2 million bond at the Missoula County Detention Center. Prosecutors in Missoula County also filed additional charges against him on Friday, bringing his total number of felony attempted deliberate homicide charges to 16.

Lloyd Barrus was arrested on Tuesday after he and his son allegedly murdered Deputy Moore and then led law enforcement on a high-speed chase across several counties before engaging officers in a shootout east of Missoula on Interstate 90. Marshall Barrus was mortally wounded by law enforcement during the shootout, but Lloyd Barrus was arrested after officers shot a Glock 9mm handgun out of his hand.

In chilling detail in new charging documents filed Friday, Swanson laid out details of Moore’s death at about 2:30 a.m. on Tuesday. Swanson said that after he got an emergency call at 3:40 a.m. notifying him that Moore was dead from apparent gunshot wounds, he went to the scene and reviewed a copy of Moore’s patrol car video.

The video showed Moore was traveling south on Highway 287 when he was passed by what appeared to be a white Chevy Suburban. Moore followed for a minute, then tried to pull the vehicle over. The vehicle did not stop, so Moore advised dispatch that he was in pursuit, reaching speeds of 100 miles per hour.

About six minutes into the chase, Moore appeared to be struck by gunfire while driving. The camera was knocked from its mount, and the patrol car appeared to come to a stop on the side of the road. From that point forward, the audio and video quality fluctuated intermittently, according to Swanson.

“I did not observe any motion or sound from Deputy Moore on the video for approximately three minutes after the initial gunfire,” Swanson wrote in charging documents. “At that point, Deputy Moore seemed to regain consciousness and could be heard moaning faintly and opening his car door.

"About a minute after that, Deputy Moore and his patrol vehicle appeared to be struck by more than 15 gunshots fired in rapid succession. I did not see or hear any activity in the video after that until backup officers arrived approximately eight minutes later.”

==================================================

In the line of duty.  Were would we be without our Police protecting us? 

Its makes me sick to have people bashing our police.

Kudos
Views
Replies