Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Another Peace Officer Killed In the Line of Duty

Message 41 of 59

@KidBoy2 wrote:
rich posted..

There are good cops, there are bad cops, and there is systemic mistreatment of minorities. It is statistically impossible for the higher rates of blacks pulled over, falsely accused, or killed by police to be a random distribution.

================================================
More... blame the police instead of being thankful for them. You sound like you know who with a post like that.

Meanwhile, some just don't "get it".  Did you contribute to the fallen officers family?  Rich did; I just did.  How about you?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 59

Richva--You are correct, blacks are pulled over in traffic stops and are arrested for other crimes at a very disproportionate rate. In addition, jail sentences for blacks are often longer than those of whites for the same or lesser crimes. Long been known.

When I worked at the jail, this subject was always included in tri-annual sheriff/jail staff meetings. On occassion, e-mails from the sheriff would come over the computer about this subject.

Covered at police academies and in criminal justice programs--still a huge problem, which is obviously not easy to solve.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 59
Rich posted..

Oh, I am sorry. I guess I don't understand the purpose of the original post in the Politics page then.

======================================================
That's OK.

Happy posting!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 59

Cent: Smiling! Thank you! She was one of those kids we never had to worry about.

Her captain told me, " She has heart!" 

But, back to discharge of a weapon, that seems to be department policy. She also told me that no police officer is to discharge a weapon at a fleeing suspect. 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 59

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Rich posted..

Once again, the conservatives do not understand how science works. In this case, mathematics. They also think anyone wearing a badge must be a hero. I have no idea who "you know who" is but my post is more reflective of a math professor than a social worker. By the way, have you made your donation yet?

=========================================

There you go again...trying to and failing to make this a issue political.

Oh, I am sorry. I guess I don't understand the purpose of the original post in the Politics page then.  Please explain. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 59
Rich posted..

Once again, the conservatives do not understand how science works. In this case, mathematics. They also think anyone wearing a badge must be a hero. I have no idea who "you know who" is but my post is more reflective of a math professor than a social worker. By the way, have you made your donation yet?

=========================================

There you go again...trying to and failing to make this a issue political.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 59

@KidBoy2 wrote:
rich posted..

There are good cops, there are bad cops, and there is systemic mistreatment of minorities. It is statistically impossible for the higher rates of blacks pulled over, falsely accused, or killed by police to be a random distribution.

More... blame the police instead of being thankful for them. You sound like you know who with a post like that.

Once again, the conservatives do not understand how science works. In this case, mathematics.   They also think anyone wearing a badge must be a hero. I have no idea who "you know who" is but my post is more reflective of a math professor than a social worker.  By the way, have you made your donation yet?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 59
rich posted..

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 59

There are good cops, there are bad cops, and there is systemic mistreatment of minorities. It is statistically impossible for the higher rates of blacks pulled over, falsely accused, or killed by police to be a random distribution. 

I am sorry the officer was killed. I contributed to his family. It does not change the situation in the United States. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 59

@pc6063 wrote:

Snoopy, Cent, RK--Asked my PD daughter about this one--This is what she said about the discharging of a police officer's weapon.

"The disharging of an officer's weapon should be the last resort, used only to protect self and others, and, again, after all else fails."

She must have had wonderful parents and very good training.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views