Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Another Peace Officer Killed In the Line of Duty

Message 31 of 59

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
rich posted..

There are good cops, there are bad cops, and there is systemic mistreatment of minorities. It is statistically impossible for the higher rates of blacks pulled over, falsely accused, or killed by police to be a random distribution.

================================================
Moople re... blame the police instead of being thankful for them. You sound like you know who with a post like that.

Meanwhile, some just don't "get it".  Did you contribute to the fallen officers family?  Rich did; I just did.  How about you?

One cannot "buy" their way out their lack of support for the police by making a contribution and trying to "guilt trip" others.

Some people actually care and do something about it, while others just whine and chide others to "feel better".

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 59

@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

Snoopy, Cent, RK--Asked my PD daughter about this one--This is what she said about the discharging of a police officer's weapon.

"The disharging of an officer's weapon should be the last resort, used only to protect self and others, and, again, after all else fails."

Have you or your expert adviser actually read the circumstances that led up to the killing?

Hint - ask her what the rules are for a police officer after he has already been shot??

Really?  You had trouble with that?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 59

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
rich posted..

There are good cops, there are bad cops, and there is systemic mistreatment of minorities. It is statistically impossible for the higher rates of blacks pulled over, falsely accused, or killed by police to be a random distribution.

================================================
More... blame the police instead of being thankful for them. You sound like you know who with a post like that.

Meanwhile, some just don't "get it".  Did you contribute to the fallen officers family?  Rich did; I just did.  How about you?

One cannot "buy" their way out their lack of support for the police by making a contribution and trying to "guilt trip" others.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 59

@pc6063 wrote:

Richva--You are correct, blacks are pulled over in traffic stops and are arrested for other crimes at a very disproportionate rate. In addition, jail sentences for blacks are often longer than those of whites for the same or lesser crimes. Long been known.

When I worked at the jail, this subject was always included in tri-annual sheriff/jail staff meetings. On occassion, e-mails from the sheriff would come over the computer about this subject.

Covered at police academies and in criminal justice programs--still a huge problem, which is obviously not easy to solve.

The "victim" was not black.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 59

@pc6063 wrote:

Snoopy, Cent, RK--Asked my PD daughter about this one--This is what she said about the discharging of a police officer's weapon.

"The disharging of an officer's weapon should be the last resort, used only to protect self and others, and, again, after all else fails."

Have you or your expert adviser actually read the circumstances that led up to the killing?

Hint - ask her what the rules are for a police officer after he has already been shot??

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 59

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Montana Sheriff's Deputy Killed, Suspects Caught After Chase

May the officer R.I.P. and our hearts go out to his family and loved ones.

In the line of duty.  Were would we be without our Police protecting us? Yep, there are some bad dudes out there, they aren't all alike.  They sound like they have mental health issues....going out to kill there kids.

Its makes me sick to have people bashing our police.  It makes me sick that some think all cops are "equal" and not recognizing the fact there are bad cops, or cops taking out their racism out on minorities.  Not very open-minded.  But let's be clear here, shall we? I have YET to see a post "bashing the police".  IMO, you made that up to make a point.  I have seen several posts pointing out bad police behavior on occassion.  There's a HUGE difference.

What a shame Deputy Moore didn't shoot first making Barrus an entry on your "victims" list.

Those who really support the law do not advocate murder no matter who is the murderer or victim.

Have you taken the trouble to actually read of the events that led up to the shooting?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 59

@pc6063 wrote:

Richva--You are correct, blacks are pulled over in traffic stops and are arrested for other crimes at a very disproportionate rate. In addition, jail sentences for blacks are often longer than those of whites for the same or lesser crimes. Long been known.

When I worked at the jail, this subject was always included in tri-annual sheriff/jail staff meetings. On occassion, e-mails from the sheriff would come over the computer about this subject.

Covered at police academies and in criminal justice programs--still a huge problem, which is obviously not easy to solve.

To your's and Rich's point, the young black male that was shot and killed by a cop reaching for his ID, was pulled over 49 times in just 13 years....

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 59

@pc6063 wrote:

Cent: Smiling! Thank you! She was one of those kids we never had to worry about.

Her captain told me, " She has heart!" 

But, back to discharge of a weapon, that seems to be department policy. She also told me that no police officer is to discharge a weapon at a fleeing suspect. 

You go, Girl!!!

Sounds like a very respectful Dept.  Fortunately, we see more and more PD's going in that direction, though some officers are failing to heed those policies which has resulted in several tragic situations.  If it continues to be a priority, it'll continue to get better.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 59

@Richva wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Rich posted..

Once again, the conservatives do not understand how science works. In this case, mathematics. They also think anyone wearing a badge must be a hero. I have no idea who "you know who" is but my post is more reflective of a math professor than a social worker. By the way, have you made your donation yet?

=========================================

There you go again...trying to and failing to make this a issue political.

Oh, I am sorry. I guess I don't understand the purpose of the original post in the Politics page then.  Please explain. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 59

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Rich posted..

Once again, the conservatives do not understand how science works. In this case, mathematics. They also think anyone wearing a badge must be a hero. I have no idea who "you know who" is but my post is more reflective of a math professor than a social worker. By the way, have you made your donation yet?

=========================================

There you go again...trying to and failing to make this a issue political.

It is a political issue when not one Conservative admits there are bad cops.  Most Libs here understand that not all cops are good cops and we need the good cops to help weed out the few that aren't.  Equality and law and order go hand in hand.....you know; it's a Constitutional "thingy".

Body camera's to help protect all law enforcement;

Body camera's to help weed out the few bad cops, to benefit the good cops and the public;

Training, training, training and more training on de-esculating stressful situations;

Significant financial bonus for cops who turn in bad cops.

A great start and one Conservatives will claim is "hating the police", just as you have repeatedly.

Kudos
Views