Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Another Peace Officer Killed In the Line of Duty

Message 11 of 59

@rk9152 wrote:
You may have missed it but I posted "I'd rather". How about you, would you rather have the dead perp or the dead policeman?

this is the other distraction argument and is now called the "Hey! What about" and is used to change the subject.  Can be effective until recognized. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 59

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

I am still trying to figure out the point of this post.  Yes, very sorry the officer died. Yes, donated to his family.  No, it does not change the fact that thousands of minorities are mistreated at the hands of police officers but IS THAT THE POINT OF THE POST? 

If you are not raising funds for the family, why did you post this????????

And who was the victimized minority in this case??

I guess the family of the fallen officer. I am still trying to understand the point of the post and this kind of "look over there" response is not helping. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 59

@rk9152 wrote:

You may have missed it but I posted "I'd rather". How about you, would you rather have the dead perp or the dead policeman?

Wrong question - why shouldn't the perp(s) have been serving life sentences without possibility of parole for their armed attacks and attempts to kill law enforcement officers back in 2000?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 59

@Richva wrote:

I am still trying to figure out the point of this post.  Yes, very sorry the officer died. Yes, donated to his family.  No, it does not change the fact that thousands of minorities are mistreated at the hands of police officers but IS THAT THE POINT OF THE POST? 

And who was the victimized minority in this case??

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 59

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Have you or your expert adviser actually read the circumstances that led up to the killing?

Hint - ask her what the rules are for a police officer after he has already been shot??

Really?  You had trouble with that?

Not me. But some seem to have not read the story before responding with the usual assumptions - you know, "Bad cop, bad cop".  A total fallacy.  No one said the cop in this case was a "bad cop".  Just the usual deflection from facts to make a strongly biased point.  The usual methodology for Conservatives here.  Most would be embarrassed....

Ah, but had the doer been killed before killing the Officer, he would have been on your "victim's" list.

"rk" keeps posting more fallacies.  Apparently facts don't serve Conservatives, they can't get their digs in....  Fact is, the database of those killed by police is owned by the Washington Post.....and you can find it here since you are so concerned about someone being on it:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings-2017/

So, what do you think would you have like to see the cop killer as part of your victims list rather than the police officer dead?  Again with the "only two options" that "rk" can come up.  Intelligent people don't limit themselves to only two options like Rush teaches you.

I have no idea how your obsession got into this, but when two people are shooting at each other, it pretty much does come down to two options.  Two people aren't shooting at each other.  Again, another fallacy posted by "rk".

Bottom line - I would rather have the cop killer on your "victims" list than the officer dead - your views??

NEWS FLASH....you don't get a choice; I hope it's not a shock to you.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 59

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 59

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Have you or your expert adviser actually read the circumstances that led up to the killing?

Hint - ask her what the rules are for a police officer after he has already been shot??

Not me. But some seem to have not read the story before responding with the usual assumptions - you know, "Bad cop, bad cop".  A total fallacy.  No one said the cop in this case was a "bad cop".  Just the usual deflection from facts to make a strongly biased point.  The usual methodology for Conservatives here.  Most would be embarrassed....

Ah, but had the doer been killed before killing the Officer, he would have been on your "victim's" list.

"rk" keeps posting more fallacies.  Apparently facts don't serve Conservatives, they can't get their digs in....  Fact is, the database of those killed by police is owned by the Washington Post.....and you can find it here since you are so concerned about someone being on it:

So, what do you think would you have like to see the cop killer as part of your victims list rather than the police officer dead?  Again with the "only two options" that "rk" can come up.  Intelligent people don't limit themselves to only two options like Rush teaches you.

I have no idea how your obsession got into this, but when two people are shooting at each other, it pretty much does come down to two options.  Two people aren't shooting at each other.  Again, another fallacy posted by "rk".

Bottom line - I would rather have the cop killer on your "victims" list than the officer dead - your views??

NEWS FLASH....you don't get a choice; I hope it's not a shock to you.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 59

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Montana Sheriff's Deputy Killed, Suspects Caught After Chase

May the officer R.I.P. and our hearts go out to his family and loved ones.

In the line of duty.  Were would we be without our Police protecting us? Yep, there are some bad dudes out there, they aren't all alike.  They sound like they have mental health issues....going out to kill there kids.

Its makes me sick to have people bashing our police.  It makes me sick that some think all cops are "equal" and not recognizing the fact there are bad cops, or cops taking out their racism out on minorities.  Not very open-minded.  But let's be clear here, shall we? I have YET to see a post "bashing the police".  IMO, you made that up to make a point.  I have seen several posts pointing out bad police behavior on occassion.  There's a HUGE difference.

What a shame Deputy Moore didn't shoot first making Barrus an entry on your "victims" list.

Those who really support the law do not advocate murder no matter who is the murderer or victim.

Have you taken the trouble to actually read of the events that led up to the shooting?

I mistakenly thought you actually meant what you posted. 

I did and I do. Whenever you have an interest in the topic about the death of the police officer, let me know, I'll be here.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 59

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Try to just deal with just that. This is getting pretty long and we don't want to upset 321.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 59

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

I have no idea how your obsession got into this, but when two people are shooting at each other, it pretty much does come down to two options.

It's now been firmly established that the right winger was a trump supporting Alex Jones listener who agreed with Milo as well as embracing some other right wing causes...

Does rk9152 see that as constituting sufficient cause to shoot him first?

To the best of my knowledge, neither Alex Jones nor Milo was present and I know that rk9152 was not. So, can we get back to basics.

Under the circumstances I would have preferred to see the cop killer on the "victim's" list of people killed by a police officers than the officer dead - any thoughts on that??

Kudos
Views