Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Another Peace Officer Killed In the Line of Duty

Message 1 of 59

321 - you really should be specific as to whom you are posting. There is always more than one poster on these "chain letters". 

BTW - I agree with your point. It is the selective criticism that I object to.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 59

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

You may have missed it but I posted "I'd rather". How about you, would you rather have the dead perp or the dead policeman?

Wrong question - why shouldn't the perp(s) have been serving life sentences without possibility of parole for their armed attacks and attempts to kill law enforcement officers back in 2000?

Yours is a separate issue.

Once the shooting started, I'd rather the perp got on the "victims" list and the officer survived.

Can we agree on that and then explore why he wan't in prison?

No - absolutely not.

Your posts are consistently a political adaptation of "Lying for the Lord"

Bob Millet, Lying for the Lord (iPhone & iPod).m4v - YouTube

Only valid for right wing koolaide guzzlers...

Have a time period of undefined quality and duration.

No, lying, no Lord, no iPhone, no adaptation, no Koolaide - just a very straight forward situation. A guy shoots at a police officer, if someone is going to die, I prefer it be the perp and that the police officer lives.

Anyone who needs a bucket of doubletalk to avoid that easily made decision should do some serious thinking about their priorities.

Unless you have something of substance to contribute, I'll just say good bye to you on this discussion.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 59

It's my assertion and belief that rk9152's last post was deliberately excessively long in an attempt to both bait rker321 and to submerge my observation/opinion and keep others from readily accessing it - possibly a violation in and of itself of TOS and GUIDELINES.

So - I shall post it here because I believe it's an accurate description of a technique being used that posters should be aware exists and appears to have been in use...

"The content of your posts have the appearance of being engaged in a political adaptation of "Lying for the Lord"

Do not answer the question asked, but give an answer to an entirely different question that was never asked by another poster that diverts considerably from the intent and spirit of the question originally asked."

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 59

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

You may have missed it but I posted "I'd rather". How about you, would you rather have the dead perp or the dead policeman?

Wrong question - why shouldn't the perp(s) have been serving life sentences without possibility of parole for their armed attacks and attempts to kill law enforcement officers back in 2000?

Once the shooting started, I'd rather the perp got on the "victims" list and the officer survived.

No - absolutely not.

Your posts are consistently a political adaptation of "Lying for the Lord"

Only valid for right wing koolaide guzzlers...

Have a time period of undefined quality and duration.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 59

@Richva wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Neither.  I'd rather convicted felons not have guns in their possession.n  I prefer Conservatives that can actually think.  I prefer adults that can see more than two probabilities.  But thanks for asking. 

Hmm. Maybe a call for better controls over guns is the point of this thread. What do you think?

Certainly worth discussing as is the issue of why the shooter was not in jail. And, your concern about racism is also a valid subject. However, when the shooting started, there were basically two possible outcomes - you know my preference and yet no one else will take a position.

Why is it so hard to say, "I wish the perp was dead and the officer alive"?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 59

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

this is the other distraction argument and is now called the "Hey! What about" and is used to change the subject.  Can be effective until recognized. 

O.K. we'll play it your way. We'll discuss the racial component of this shooting - you go first.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 59

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

I am still trying to figure out the point of this post.  Yes, very sorry the officer died. Yes, donated to his family.  No, it does not change the fact that thousands of minorities are mistreated at the hands of police officers but IS THAT THE POINT OF THE POST? 

If you are not raising funds for the family, why did you post this????????

And who was the victimized minority in this case??

I guess the family of the fallen officer. I am still trying to understand the point of the post and this kind of "look over there" response is not helping. 

This topic is about a specific shooting. You confused things with your "minority" comment.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 59

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 59

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Neither.  I'd rather convicted felons not have guns in their possession.n  I prefer Conservatives that can actually think.  I prefer adults that can see more than two probabilities.  But thanks for asking. 

Hmm. Maybe a call for better controls over guns is the point of this thread. What do you think?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 59

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Have you or your expert adviser actually read the circumstances that led up to the killing?

Hint - ask her what the rules are for a police officer after he has already been shot??

Really?  You had trouble with that?

Not me. But some seem to have not read the story before responding with the usual assumptions - you know, "Bad cop, bad cop".  A total fallacy.  No one said the cop in this case was a "bad cop".  Just the usual deflection from facts to make a strongly biased point.  The usual methodology for Conservatives here.  Most would be embarrassed....

Ah, but had the doer been killed before killing the Officer, he would have been on your "victim's" list.

"rk" keeps posting more fallacies.  Apparently facts don't serve Conservatives, they can't get their digs in....  Fact is, the database of those killed by police is owned by the Washington Post.....and you can find it here since you are so concerned about someone being on it:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings-2017/

So, what do you think would you have like to see the cop killer as part of your victims list rather than the police officer dead?  Again with the "only two options" that "rk" can come up.  Intelligent people don't limit themselves to only two options like Rush teaches you.

I have no idea how your obsession got into this, but when two people are shooting at each other, it pretty much does come down to two options.  Two people aren't shooting at each other.  Again, another fallacy posted by "rk".

Bottom line - I would rather have the cop killer on your "victims" list than the officer dead - your views??

NEWS FLASH....you don't get a choice; I hope it's not a shock to you.

Neither.  I'd rather convicted felons not have guns in their possession.  I prefer Conservatives that can actually think.  I prefer adults that can see more than two probabilities.  But thanks for asking. 

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views