Tell Congress to stop Rx greed and cut prescription drug prices now! Here’s how.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Another Fake News Topic By a Conservative Poster Here

Message 11 of 70

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
NerdyMom posted..

It's conservatives because that's who freaks out over sanctuary cities. And those are the nature of the threats made to the school and other public officials.

========================================================

"It's conservatives because that's who freaks out over sanctuary cities"

Its time that more concerned citizens "freak out" about the liberal big city Mayors that will not work with ICE to keep our country safe. Its not just conservatives that want our country safe for the illegals that have committed serious crimes.

Fake news ... there is a lot of threads that are fake...like this one.

Liberals are quick to defend sanctuary cities that protect criminals (usually Democrat criminals) to bolster their voting base.

Any facts to support your biased opinion, NOT?

Any facts to prove your biased opinion?  Which opinion would you like the facts?  The cities are the ones that are sanctuary cities (not the rural areas)- all bastions of the radical left.  Any more questions? I guess you choose to discard the real facts, most have many Conservatives as well.  You have zero facts that the criminals are Democrats.  Many biased folks make similiar assumptions.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 70

Nothappening-interesting theory- can't help but think though they have other things to do then cook up plots to be protect undocumented people.   I feel the bottom line is that this is not their job, that these people are actually adding to the economy and richness of their cities, and that they know that if they alienate these people, they themselves will not report crime, something supported by police.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 70

@pc6063 wrote:

Nothappening-- so let me get this straight, all the mayors from all the sanctuary cities in the United States got together and decided to tell the same exact lie,  and they all happen to be democrats, right?

Give us all a break!

pc6063-so let me get this straight -I don't think mayors get together from sanctuary cities to tell any lies.  I think they protect their liberal criminal constituents so they can reelect them at the next election.  Yes, I believe they are all Democrat mayors or a phony RINO.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 70

The current RF push to make States enforce Federal Law is more than a tad hypocritical given their insistance States have the Right to ignore provisions of the ACA.

As for the canard that Der Trumper "only" wants someone to pick up the phone and call ICE if they think they've got an illegal in custody, well, the one making the call is doing so on the State/city's dime, and therefore the State/city is being compelled to enforce a federal law.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 70

Anyone who thinks we're "safer" because we're wasting millions chasing down p-eople who came here to work and build a better life before they completed the paperwork will never feel safe knowing there's 62 MILLION folks with no interest in becoming part of America who show up every year, just like the 9/11 folks did.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 70
Rich posted..

KidBoy2 wrote:

"a sanctuary city is a city that limits its cooperation with the national government effort to enforce immigration law"

and you are OK with that? If so why?

================================
Because the municipal government is NOT an arm of the Federal law enforcement agencies. They cooperate when it is appropriate. The Federal government went to court on this issue and lost when they were trying to capture runaway slaves.

====================================================

Slaves..boy that is a push.

Prigg v. Pennsylvania
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Prigg v. Pennsylvania
Seal of the United States Supreme Court.svg
Supreme Court of the United States
Decided March 1, 1842
Full case name Edward Prigg v. Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Citations 41 U.S. 539 (more)
10 L. Ed. 1060; 1842 U.S. LEXIS 387
Prior history In error to the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania.
Holding
Federal law is superior to state law, but states do not have to use their resources to enforce federal law.
Court membership
Chief Justice
Roger B. Taney
Associate Justices
Joseph Story · Smith Thompson
John McLean · Henry Baldwin
James M. Wayne · John Catron
John McKinley · Peter V. Daniel
Case opinions
Majority Story
Concurrence Taney, Thompson, Wayne, Daniel, McLean
Prigg v. Pennsylvania, 41 U.S. 539 (1842), was a United States Supreme Court case in which the court held that the federal Fugitive Slave Act precluded a Pennsylvania state law, which prohibited blacks from being taken out of Pennsylvania into slavery. The Court overturned the conviction of Edward Prigg as a result.
Occurring under the presidency of John Tyler, Prigg v. Pennsylvania is notable in the history of American civil rights for having further weakened the Fugitive Slave Act of 1793 after much circumvention of it on the part of state jurisdictions.

===========================================================

"Federal law is superior to state law, but states do not have to use their resources to enforce federal law."

There it is. No one is asking the states or cities to enforce federal laws. But they are asking that ICE should be informed if a city has a illegal in their custody...they are not doing that in many cases.

It all amounts to that many on the left do not want to work with ICE.

Using your way of thinking it's OK to withhold Federal money from cities that do work with ICE....as it's not in the law that they do so.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

That is the way it is ...its a waste of time to try to have a discussion with anyone that does not want to have our country safer.

Have a good night!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 70

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

Nothappening---mayors of sanctuary cities claim that the undocumented are the least of their problems with regard to crime. Can you prove otherwise.  What i am telling you is that your claim of high crime on the part of undocumented people is NOTHAPPENING!!

Mayors of sanctuary cities have as their constituents - Democrats. They are pandering to those that will reelect them without thinking.  I never pointed out that the crime of undocumented was high but, if you want to believe so, go ahead.  I just don't understand why liberal (Democrats) want to protect criminals other than those criminals vote Democrat.  Probably some of those illegal aliens (criminals) are voting too since the left doesn't want id at the polls.

They aren't protecting criminals.  They are managing their cities.   If you sit down and try to figure out the best way to fight "all" crime in your city, you soon realize that making illegal immigrants afraid to speak to police is the wrong way to do it.  

If you were the victim of a crime, and the only witness was an illegal immigrant, wouldn't you want them to come forward to testify?  I don't know about where you live, but where I live, families and neighborhoods are made up of mixed status people.  Some legal, some not.  The person who helps bring you justice just might be undocumented.   And police and prosecutors and those democratic mayors all know that.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 70

@KidBoy2 wrote:

"a sanctuary city is a city that limits its cooperation with the national government effort to enforce immigration law"

Because the municipal government is NOT an arm of the Federal law enforcement agencies. They cooperate when it is appropriate.   The Federal government went to court on this issue and lost when they were trying to capture runaway slaves. 

In Prigg v. Pennsylvania (1842), Justice Joseph Story held that the federal government could not force states to implement or carry out the Fugitive Slave Act of 1793. He said that it was a federal law, and the federal government ultimately had to enforce it. Local governments cannot ban local authorities from contacting ICE but do not have to activly assist or cooperate with  ICE as a matter of policy. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 70

Nothappening-- so let me get this straight, all the mayors from all the sanctuary cities in the United States got together and decided to tell the same exact lie,  and they all happen to be democrats, right?

Give us all a break!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 70
Rich posted..

" If an "illegal" is convicted of a felony, they will, usually, be reported to ICE."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

usually? And you know that because?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sanctuary city
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the United States and Canada, a sanctuary city is a city that limits its cooperation with the national government effort to enforce immigration law. Leaders of sanctuary cities want to reduce the fear of deportation and possible family break-up among people who are in the country illegally so that such people will be more willing to report crimes, use health and social services, and enroll their children in school. Municipal policies include prohibiting police or city employees from questioning people about their immigration status and refusing requests by federal immigration authorities to detain people beyond their release date, if they were jailed for breaking local law.

=======================================================

Kudos
Views