From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Another Example of GOP "Pig Like" Behavior....

Message 21 of 77

@rk9152

Please check out current events on the news for those areas. 

And we can throw in Florida, Georgia, and Texas for voting irregularities.

Real lack of Patriot behavior!

Never Forget 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 77

I saw someone post on Facebook that in Australia, governments can take no real actions between an election and when the new government is seated, specifically to prevent things like this.  Sounds like a good idea to me.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 77

@williamb39198 wrote:

I propose a challenge as to the “behavior” aspect:

Can any trump supporters and trump repubs approve of the behavior of republicans in Wisconsin, Michigan, or North Carolina?

And is this Patriotic behavior?

Well?...

Never Forget

Not being a resident in either area or familiar with the inter-party goings on there I would still have to venture a guess and say no.

Do you have any thoughts on Broward County?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 77

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Panjandrum wrote:

rk9152:  

This seems a bit lame coming from supporters of the Party that declared the "Resistance" after losing an election and had their pussyhat brigade out marching even before the inauguration.

Writing that should embarrass anyone with even a little more self awareness than a fruit fly. Or maybe you only like "resistance" when the GOP does it?

Lol

The GOP's no-compromise pledge

If Republicans take the House as anticipated on election night, voters can expect to hear the customary talk about coming together with Democrats for the good of the country.

President Barack Obama inevitably will extend a hand across the aisle as well.

But that’s Tuesday. Right now, the tone is a lot different — with Republicans pledging to embrace an agenda for the next two years that sounds a lot like their agenda for the past two: Block Obama at all costs.

And even Obama’s pre-election appeals to cooperation are wrapped in an I’m-still-the-president tone that suggests that Americans will be looking at two opposing camps glaring at each other across the barricades — gridlock all around.

Here’s John Boehner, the likely speaker if Republicans take the House, offering his plans for Obama’s agenda: “We're going to do everything — and I mean everything we can do — to kill it, stop it, slow it down, whatever we can.”

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell summed up his plan to National Journal: “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2010/10/the-gops-no-compromise-pledge-044311

It certainly isn't one Party. It is all a matter of degree. In the case of Obama, there were no organized demonstrations before he was even inaugurated and there was no mass gathering where they cheered someone dreaming about blowing up the WH.

Yes, the Rs opposed his policies and intended laws, but not him personally despite the thinking of those on the left who see everything through their prism of racism.

Yes, it is partisanship - carried to extremes like calling the President and those who voted for him Nazis and fascists.

Must be nice to have such a short memory.

Does your far superior memory have anything to offer?

The Tea Party started protesting Obama well before his inauguration and whined continuously about him trying to keep his campaign promises. They also attacked his citizenship, posted cartoons of him being lynched, called him all sorts of names, etc.  

So much for that far better memory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Party_protests

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 77

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

This seems a bit lame coming from supporters of the Party that declared the "Resistance" after losing an election and had their pussyhat brigade out marching even before the inauguration.

Where was your outrage at the Tea Party after Obama was elected?

What have I posted that would indicate "outrage". Drama adds nothing.

As to the Tea Party, they did not protest the inauguration of Obama.

Must be nice to have a short memory.

google is a far better tool for discussions than insults.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Party_protests

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 77

I propose a challenge as to the “behavior” aspect:

Can any trump supporters and trump repubs approve of the behavior of republicans in Wisconsin, Michigan, or North Carolina?

And is this Patriotic behavior?

Well?...

Never Forget

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 77

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Panjandrum wrote:

rk9152:  

Writing that should embarrass anyone with even a little more self awareness than a fruit fly. Or maybe you only like "resistance" when the GOP does it?

Lol

The GOP's no-compromise pledge

If Republicans take the House as anticipated on election night, voters can expect to hear the customary talk about coming together with Democrats for the good of the country.

President Barack Obama inevitably will extend a hand across the aisle as well.

But that’s Tuesday. Right now, the tone is a lot different — with Republicans pledging to embrace an agenda for the next two years that sounds a lot like their agenda for the past two: Block Obama at all costs.

And even Obama’s pre-election appeals to cooperation are wrapped in an I’m-still-the-president tone that suggests that Americans will be looking at two opposing camps glaring at each other across the barricades — gridlock all around.

Here’s John Boehner, the likely speaker if Republicans take the House, offering his plans for Obama’s agenda: “We're going to do everything — and I mean everything we can do — to kill it, stop it, slow it down, whatever we can.”

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell summed up his plan to National Journal: “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2010/10/the-gops-no-compromise-pledge-044311

It certainly isn't one Party. It is all a matter of degree. In the case of Obama, there were no organized demonstrations before he was even inaugurated and there was no mass gathering where they cheered someone dreaming about blowing up the WH.

Yes, the Rs opposed his policies and intended laws, but not him personally despite the thinking of those on the left who see everything through their prism of racism.

Yes, it is partisanship - carried to extremes like calling the President and those who voted for him Nazis and fascists.

Must be nice to have such a short memory.

Does your far superior memory have anything to offer?

The Tea Party started protesting Obama well before his inauguration and whined continuously about him trying to keep his campaign promises. They also attacked his citizenship, posted cartoons of him being lynched, called him all sorts of names, etc.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 77

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Where was your outrage at the Tea Party after Obama was elected?

What have I posted that would indicate "outrage". Drama adds nothing.

As to the Tea Party, they did not protest the inauguration of Obama.

Must be nice to have a short memory.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 77

Another Example of GOP "Pig Like" Behavior....

“ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS.”

Democracy versus totalitarianism in Wisconsin complements of the Republican Party. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 77

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I know - that is the "group" thing to type but as an individual, ask yourself, why would anyone have a Mission in life" to support felonious and immoral acts"??

You tell me, you support trump, he commits felonious and immoral acts

I voted for him because I preferred his vision of America and plans for it to his opposition. I appreciate his remaining true to his promises. That is far removed from a "mission in life" it is a part of normal life. Others saw it differently and voted for the opposition. And in their inability to accept not getting their way have evolved into a mass of blind hatred.

Again ............ your comparison has nothing to do with Right wing politicians changing rules and laws to weaken the power of an incoming elected official of a different political party.

No, my point is the "big picture" of how low partisanship has sunk and there are many, many varied illustrations of that.

The "big picture" in the states of Wisconsin/Michigan is that the sitting politicians were defeated, the voters spoke and showed what they wanted through their votes. The sitting Pols the passed legislation restricting the powers of those the voters voted for. You might see that as right and OK, validating "how low partisanship has sunk".

Trump supporters  have a "mission in life" of protecting and supporting the felonious acts and immoral acts of their cult leader trump with erroneous rants, lies, deception, and distraction. Many Right wingers seem to have a mission of denying or distracting from the immoral, despicable and unethical actions of Republican elected officials.
I agree - they are playing dirty partisan politics. They are not the first and will not be the last. Again - the "Mission in life" nonsense is separate and apart from the topic and including it shows the blind hatred jazz I mentioned.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors