Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Another Day; Another White Privileged Male on a Rant

Message 1 of 41

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@angeleyes64 wrote:
Way to go white boy, haven't you learned you just can not do that these days ??
Time to grow up.

"White boy" - is that racist?

Poor snowflake, did it hurt your Lil feelings? 

no hurt feelings, just a question germane to the topic - so, is it "racist"?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 41

@aruzinsky wrote:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-south-side-man-charged-with-hate-crime-in-west-...

"Leroy Willis, 45, of the 11000 block of South onWentworth Avenue, was charged Tuesday morning with aggravated battery, hate crime and aggravated attempted robbery in the attack against Todd Light
The attacker yelled, “I hate (expletive) white people, give me your wallet,” and stabbed Light twice, he said."

Again, no mention of the word "racist."  I am beginning to see a pattern.

Most of us understand what the words hate crime mean. I'm sorry you didn't get that far in school.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 41

@aruzinsky wrote:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-south-side-man-charged-with-hate-crime-in-west-...

"Leroy Willis, 45, of the 11000 block of South Wentworth Avenue, was charged Tuesday morning with aggravated battery, hate crime and aggravated attempted robbery in the attack against Todd Light
The attacker yelled, “I hate (expletive) white people, give me your wallet,” and stabbed Light twice, he said."

Most of us understand what the words hate crime mean. I'm sorry you didn't get that far in school.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

@angeleyes64 wrote:
Way to go white boy, haven't you learned you just can not do that these days ??
Time to grow up.

"White boy" - is that racist?

Poor snowflake, did it hurt your Lil feelings? 

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Is there any specific reason to rationalize the use of the term "White Privileged" or is it just a natural output from leftwing racism? The sort of thing that is associated with reading "Splinter".

If you bothered to view the video, you would have heard his claims of white privilege....."“White men built these streets!”  Again, you are complicit in defending this behavior. And YOU want to attack those who call this out?

There is no connection between "built" and "privilege".  No, there isn't.  I didn't suggest there was.

Any complicity has to do with taking the actions of one jerk and associating them with an entire race - The problem is, there are many "one jerks" out there, many enabled by the words and actions of your fascist leader

Stoking racial tensions is a feature of Trump’s presidency

President Trump this week likened Hispanic immigrants to vermin. He warned that they would “pour into and infest our country.” And he defended his administration’s family separation policy by alleging that parents crossing the southern border with their children were poised to commit crime and murder.

For him, this language is not new.

Echoing the words and images of the white nationalist movement to dehumanize immigrants and inflame racial tensions has become a defining feature of Donald Trump’s presidency and of the Republican Party’s brand.

Trump has stirred supporters at rallies by reading “The Snake,” a parable about a tenderhearted woman who takes in an ailing snake but is later killed when the revived creature bites her. It should be heard as a metaphor for immigration, he says.

The president referred to some African nations as “**bleep**hole countries.” He posited that “both sides” were to blame for last summer’s deadly white supremacist rally in Charlottesville. And, again and again, he has accused black football players who took a knee during the playing of the national anthem to protest police discrimination of being un-American.

Among the many ways in which Trump stands out in the lineup of modern American presidents is his aversion to using his bully pulpit to unify the diverse nation he was elected to lead. Rather, he stokes cultural divisions and cultivates tribalism under the banner of his slogan, “Make America Great Again.”

More at the link above....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 41

@afisher wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

According to KIRO 7, the judge said in open court that the suspect from the Facebook video had not complied with mental health treatment ordered in previous convictions. The judge also said he is concerned that the man’s behavior is ramping up.

This is a reminder of the topic as some here felt the irrational need to distract from the topic.    Is that behavior trolling, because we have started to see that entering the political dialogue today.     I won't repeat it, but it was racially motivated as the right leaning media was more than willing to point out multiple times.     Apparently the ignoblers are not capable of having a debate without distraction trolling.    (one persons tag-line.....and so it begins.

Isn't trump's behavior ramping up too?

The number of lies per day has increased lately...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 41

@alferdpacker wrote:

According to KIRO 7, the judge said in open court that the suspect from the Facebook video had not complied with mental health treatment ordered in previous convictions. The judge also said he is concerned that the man’s behavior is ramping up.

This is a reminder of the topic as some here felt the irrational need to distract from the topic.    Is that behavior trolling, because we have started to see that entering the political dialogue today.     I won't repeat it, but it was racially motivated as the right leaning media was more than willing to point out multiple times.     Apparently the ignoblers are not capable of having a debate without distraction trolling.    (one persons tag-line.....and so it begins.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

"Leroy Willis, 45, of the 11000 block of South Wentworth Avenue, was charged Tuesday morning with aggravated battery, hate crime and aggravated attempted robbery in the attack against Todd Light

Hold the phone there, Charlie - are you claiming that stupidity and nastiness cross racial lines?

Crosses all lines - racial - ethnic - religious - cultural, financial, and societal.

Every group has about the same percentage of stupid, nasty, dishonest, prejudiced and bigoted "individuals" contained within it - that's how it is with being H.Sapiens...

It's easy to see that the "of course I'm not a racist but what about" has acquired new language. terminology and more sophisticated rationalizations and excuses - as Lee Atwater accurately predicted - but it will never successfully manage to disguise itself...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 41

@aruzinsky wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

Hold the phone there, Charlie - are you claiming that stupidity and nastiness cross racial lines?

No, I am claiming that the liberal media often avoids using the word "racist" in reporting incidence of Black racism.  The above article even avoids the word, "Black," but, instead, shows a picture of the Black criminal.  One effect of this liberal double standard is that it makes Google searches for stories about Black racism difficult.  Another effect is that many Blacks actually believe that it is impossible for a Black person to be a racist.  Thus, White liberals are harming society by chanting "racist" only in conjunction with bad White behaviour.

I was joking, of course. And while I agree about the media, it was many of our fellow posters I was suggesting see racism as a one way street.

But, getting back to the topic - how 'bout this "White Privileged Male:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/06/19/florida-man-arrested-threats-u-s-rep-brian-m...

One of my favorite stories about "White Privileged Males" is about James Hodgkinson, the Dem Bernie staffer who decided to kill Republican Congressmen.

It seems like there are hate filled whack-jobs all over the place out there, but it appears that as long as they do nothing racial - they get a pass (or at least a pass of attention) from the radical left.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 41

@rk9152 wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

No, I am claiming that the liberal media often avoids using the word "racist" in reporting incidence of Black racism.  The above article even avoids the word, "Black," but, instead, shows a picture of the Black criminal.  One effect of this liberal double standard is that it makes Google searches for stories about Black racism difficult.  Another effect is that many Blacks actually believe that it is impossible for a Black person to be a racist.  Thus, White liberals are harming society by chanting "racist" only in conjunction with bad White behaviour.

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors