Silver Conversationalist

Another Black Eye for the GOP.

Voters in North Carolina have received absentee ballot request forms in the mail with Trump's face on them

This is why Chandler Carranza, of Gaston County, North Carolina, said he laughed after receiving the absentee ballot request mailer on Thursday.

"The irony is very thick and definitely not lost on me," Carranza told CNN. "Trump has been saying mail-in ballots will bring fraud to the election but absentee ballots are legit. Which is it? It can't be both ways. I laughed because if the campaign actually took information from other times they have reached out to me, they'd know I won't vote for Trump despite being a registered Republican."

One voter concerned over the problems facing the USPS is Taylor Alexander, of Wake County, North Carolina. She received the absentee ballot request form on Wednesday.

"My initial reaction was that I was kind of shocked, and laughed because of the irony of it, because Trump had been railing against mail-in voting, but here his party was, promoting it, and sending out an absentee ballot request form," Alexander said. "I think it's ridiculous that the funding is being cut and processes are being changed in the post office. People's life saving medication are days late, bills aren't being paid on time, and all for what? It's rigging the election."

Nobody knew health care could be so complicated.
Donald Trump
Silver Conversationalist

Never said they were illegal. Mailing these with the president's face while Trump rants about mail-in ballots daily is ridiculous. And another black eye for the GOP.

Nobody knew health care could be so complicated.
Donald Trump
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Hey, folks, we're just getting started , , , , , ,

NBC12 - 08/07/2020 - Nonprofit mails 587,638 erroneous absentee ballot applications to Virginia vote... 

A misunderstanding of Virginia’s independent cities and counties apparently led a nonprofit voter registration group to mail 587,638 absentee ballot applications to Virginia voters that asked them to send the ballot back to the wrong election office.

New Castle News 08/13/2020 - Group sent mail-in voting applications across PA  

A nonprofit voter mobilization group, the Center for Voter Information, has mailed out 2 million mail-in ballot applications and 4.5 voter registration applications to residents across Pennsylvania, . . . .

0 Kudos
Esteemed Social Butterfly

@Loulit wrote:

Voters in North Carolina have received absentee ballot request forms in the mail with Trump's face on them

This is why Chandler Carranza, of Gaston County, North Carolina, said he laughed after receiving the absentee ballot request mailer on Thursday.

"The irony is very thick and definitely not lost on me," Carranza told CNN. "Trump has been saying mail-in ballots will bring fraud to the election but absentee ballots are legit. Which is it? It can't be both ways. I laughed because if the campaign actually took information from other times they have reached out to me, they'd know I won't vote for Trump despite being a registered Republican."

One voter concerned over the problems facing the USPS is Taylor Alexander, of Wake County, North Carolina. She received the absentee ballot request form on Wednesday.

"My initial reaction was that I was kind of shocked, and laughed because of the irony of it, because Trump had been railing against mail-in voting, but here his party was, promoting it, and sending out an absentee ballot request form," Alexander said. "I think it's ridiculous that the funding is being cut and processes are being changed in the post office. People's life saving medication are days late, bills aren't being paid on time, and all for what? It's rigging the election."

I don't see your sarcastic font, so this must be for real. 😂

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Loulit wrote:

It is not against the law for an outside (government) organizations, usually a nonprofit but only the structures that are allowed to politicize, to send out APPLICATIONS for a mail-in ballot.  They don't even have to be within the specific state where they are sending these unsolicited applications for a ballot.

As long as their APPLICATION is exactly like that of the state where they are doing the soliciting AND as long as the RETURN TO address is exactly like what the states requires the application to be sent, there is nothing wrong with the process.  It is just an application.

HOWEVER, If anybody gets one of these type of (unsolicited) ballot applications, they need to double check the above is EXACTLY what their state requires of the application before submitting it.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@GailL1 wrote:

@Loulit wrote:

It is not against the law for an outside (government) organizations, usually a nonprofit but only the structures that are allowed to politicize, to send out APPLICATIONS for a mail-in ballot.  They don't even have to be within the specific state where they are sending these unsolicited applications for a ballot.

As long as their APPLICATION is exactly like that of the state where they are doing the soliciting AND as long as the RETURN TO address is exactly like what the states requires the application to be sent, there is nothing wrong with the process.  It is just an application.

HOWEVER, If anybody gets one of these type of (unsolicited) ballot applications, they need to double check the above is EXACTLY what their state requires of the application before submitting it.

You are giving advice again. You should only tell people to contact their local experts on what to do. I posted on this a few days ago. I got one of these about 2 weeks ago. It was supposed to have come from an org. in Santa Fee, but it did not. It was from an outside group in a State back east I think . This was the first time they mailed into NM.

People asked questions of local groups like TV Station, and State. The TV Stations got into it and put out a report. You could use what you were  sent as it meets all State requirements, plus the State is doing the same type of mailing.

Now after this report to all we had one county clerk who came forwarded and say she would not honor the form. People in that country should call her and she will send them a form. The State got back into it and said she will take the form. It could be headed to court.

Gail this is why you should never give advice on things like this other than say contact your local experts.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

tRump and the Republican Party do not care if your essential meds are days late or your credit gets wrecked because your bill payments got delayed - that's small potatoes compared to disenfranchising millions of voters by destroying the Post Office.

So my advice to those who do not wish to encounter the unmasked ninnies of tRump standing in line to vote - request an absentee ballot then deliver it in person  to wherever the Post Office is going to deliver them - most likely the county courthouse. And if you live in a Republican district, as for a receipt with a date on it.

Only one way to save the Post Office and Democracy:

VOTE THEM OUT

THEN

LOCK THEM UP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png