Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Angry FL Mob Shouts Obsenities at Pelosi

Message 11 of 52

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

One shooter was a Dem staffer

You keep saying "Dem staffer" "Dem staffer". Do you even know the definition of a "staffer"? Because if volunteering to do campaigning for a candidate is considered being part of a "staff", then you'd better let the FEC in on your brilliance, so they can change the guidelines, and every volunteer can get paid. And if volunteering makes you part of the staff, then I'm gonna go stand in front of my bank, state that I'm volunteering to protect it, then use your logic and insist I'm part of the "staff" and am therefore entitled to compensation, and forget playing MegaMillions. Smiley Very Happy

I'll listen to your idea as to his proper title. But the bottom line is that he was a "Bernie (something positive)".

Nah. The bottom line is that it has nothing to do with the topic. You've only injected it here in the hopes that it will keep the focus off the right wing mob, which is the topic.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 52

@rk9152 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

@rk9152

How about the lady who was killed by the ultra right in Charletsville, who trump said were really fine people? And they supported trump, kkk and white supremists.

No he didn't. Please get back to the topic.

Oh, but yes trump did when he said "there are fine people on both sides", when referring to the KKK and those protesting them.  There ya' go, denying reality once again.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 52

@Richva wrote:

Oh for God's sake. Do not try to justify this kind of behavior with the "what about" defense. These people are scum and the people who harassed McConnell in the restaurant are scum.  Case closed. 

Agreed.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 52

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

You keep saying "Dem staffer" "Dem staffer". Do you even know the definition of a "staffer"? Because if volunteering to do campaigning for a candidate is considered being part of a "staff", then you'd better let the FEC in on your brilliance, so they can change the guidelines, and every volunteer can get paid. And if volunteering makes you part of the staff, then I'm gonna go stand in front of my bank, state that I'm volunteering to protect it, then use your logic and insist I'm part of the "staff" and am therefore entitled to compensation, and forget playing MegaMillions. Smiley Very Happy

I'll listen to your idea as to his proper title. But the bottom line is that he was a "Bernie (something positive)".

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 52

Oh for God's sake. Do not try to justify this kind of behavior with the "what about" defense. These people are scum and the people who harassed McConnell in the restaurant are scum.  Case closed. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 52

@rk9152 wrote:

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 52

I see a difference between protesting or marching peacefully (school kids against the NRA), damaging property (the Trump Hollywood Star), those who protest with the intent on assaulting others (Antifa vs Nazis) and those who are unstable enough to commit manslaughter or murder (DC shooter).

About the shooter: James Hodgkinson

• The St. Clair County Sheriff said that deputies had been called to Hodgkinson's house about half a dozen times in the past 20 years.
  • In 2006, Hodgkinson was accused of beating his foster daughter and charged with domestic battery but the case was dismissed when the alleged victim refused to testify. Had Hodgkinson been convicted, he would have been unable to legally purchase firearms.
  • In March 2017, a neighbor called police to complain about Hodgkinson firing a rifle at trees in their residential neighborhood. The officers who responded checked Hodgkinson's gun permit, then advised him not to shoot in the area but did not conduct an arrest.
  • Hodgkinson owned a home inspection business that had an expired license at the time of the shooting.
  • Investigators believe that he had been living in a van in Alexandria for about six weeks at the time of the shooting.
  • He was a frequent visitor to the YMCA.
  • According to Tim Slater of the FBI's Washington field office, Hodgkinson "was running out of money. He was not employed at the time of the event, and he was looking for some local employment.
  • He was married for 30 years, and it appears that that marriage was not going well.

Let's face it, Americans are angry. When was the last time you saw the U.S. on the "Happiest Countries" list? In fact, we keep moving down the list.angry mob.jpg

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 52

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

And yet, "No they did not shoot her as the Bernie staffer did to Scalise" - nothing about Giffords still remains the honest answer.

Well, the "honest answer" on a thread about violent right wing mobs, that right wing supporters insist they're above, is that fact that when a person is driven by right wing ideologies to shoot at the people he hates, not only does he gun down a Congresswoman at point-blank range, but he's also a baby killer for picking off a little kid, he also killed a federal judge, and he also killed four other people on top of that.

Right wingers love killing little kids to prove they're mad at the government. McVeigh sure picked off his share of little kids too, didn't he. Oh, but right wingers don't harbor a mob mentality. pffftt

Surely you know that your rant has nothing to do with the topic. And even more important, I hope you know that Loughner's politics are ambiguous.

And the "love killing little kids" is no more than offensive sputtering in hatred illustrated by the fact that there was nothing Conservative or Republican about McVeigh.

Sputtering rants about "Scalise" and "Bernie supporter" have nothing to do with the topic. McVeigh and Loughner both parroted right wing extremist ideologies and hate, they made no secret of it, and it's the same mentality as the hate-filled right wing mob of which is the topic.

Scalise was, in fact, shot by a Bernie staffer. To me that is more violent than shouting at Pelosi. 

What "parroting" can you quote from McVeigh or Loughner that would allow you to call them Republicans or Conservatives. Or what did they say that compares them to the people under discussion? 

And add, "Right wingers love killing little kids" to the mix - you really do have to calm down.

Oh, we all get your position, rk. Violence against a republican, bad. Violence against a Democrat, crickets. Scalise never should have been shot. It's very telling that you've never extended that same consideration to Giffords.

One shooter was a Dem staffer, the other was a whack-job.

And I'm also not going to spend hours reposting and giving new breath to all the crap those two right wing baby killers spewed. Number one, there are enough websites with that bunk that AARP's forum doesn't need host that stench (their wikipedia entries all link to it anyhow), and number two, Christ himself could tell you and you'd still deny it, so, no, not gonna play that game with you anymore. Nice try.

As I asked - what crap about the "baby killers" would lead you to associate them with Republicans and/or Conservatives?

I'm already calm. I suspect the only one most uncalm is the one who can't get everyone else to buy into their irrational partisan outrage, just like that right wing mob.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 52

BigLib - Violence against a republican, bad. Violence against a Democrat...
Hillary's never said she's intent on killing you with a gun.  That would be nuts.  Mr.George is very confused about the portrait he's presented here
dt's mug belongs there and not Hillary's.  This gun in your face thing is dt's own personal agenda.  It is a FACT.  So odd, usually killers don't tell you how they're going to kill (street in broad daylight) and then convince you they'll get away with it.  He quite convinced he's right.  Pelosi, and all other Dems he takes target practice on daily.  Not to mention - too many persons for me to list.  No telling when he's going to fulfill this tough guy of tough guy's promise.  I don't know how the right gets facts so backwards.  They would probably buy tickets to watch the whole massacre.

@GeorgeC616169 wrote:

Dp1usJFVAAA7jAS.jpg

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 52

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Did they shoot her like Steve Scalise was shot by the radical lefist?

She wasn't shot, because Jared Loughner and his far-right wing ideologies (he sounds like an Alex Jones parrot), are already in prison because he shot Rep Gabrielle Giffords in the head and killed 6 others, including a child.

But this article sure puts the lie to all the radical rightists that indignantly claim their side wouldn't dream of harassing anyone in public.

An honest answer is, "No they did not shoot her as the Bernie staffer did to Scalise" - nothing about Giffords.

Here's some Dem harassment. No, they were not profane. But, "We know where you live" seems much more serious than some foul-mouthing. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VG8iD4Od50

How about an rk response - nothing about Steve Scalise so why was he mentioned?

It seems quite obvious - Scalise was shot, not harassed (profane or otherwise). And, I didn't bring him into the discussion.

And you felt a need to object to one being brought into the discussion but not the other. Why?

What are you talking about?

Kudos
Views