There's always more to discover with an AARP membership! Check out your member benefits.

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Angry FL Mob Shouts Obsenities at Pelosi

Message 1 of 52

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

The topic is rude mobs publicly harassing pols.

Oh, so it was polite republican mobs that threw bricks through Rep. Slaughter's window. And it was polite republican mobs that faxed pictures of nooses to Rep. Clyburn. And it was a polite partisan hack that spent years claiming a president was a Muslim and not a citizen on his public twitter feed.

MAGATS - what color is the sky in your world today?

I really do not know - I wasn't there. But somehow I can't see an angry mob faxing or hacking.

Oh, there was an angry racist mob behind the faxing - there always have been angry racist mobs when it involves nooses and black people in this country. And the partisan hack (not "hacking" duh) is Trump, but then you knew that.

Cute - but the bottom line remains, angry mobs do not fax or hack. That is an individual action.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 52

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Oh, so it was polite republican mobs that threw bricks through Rep. Slaughter's window. And it was polite republican mobs that faxed pictures of nooses to Rep. Clyburn. And it was a polite partisan hack that spent years claiming a president was a Muslim and not a citizen on his public twitter feed.

I really do not know - I wasn't there. But somehow I can't see an angry mob faxing or hacking.

Oh, there was an angry racist mob behind the faxing - there always have been angry racist mobs when it involves nooses and black people in this country. And the partisan hack (not "hacking" duh) is Trump, but then you knew that.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 52

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 52

@rk9152 wrote:

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 52

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

One shooter was a Dem staffer

You keep saying "Dem staffer" "Dem staffer". Do you even know the definition of a "staffer"? Because if volunteering to do campaigning for a candidate is considered being part of a "staff", then you'd better let the FEC in on your brilliance, so they can change the guidelines, and every volunteer can get paid. And if volunteering makes you part of the staff, then I'm gonna go stand in front of my bank, state that I'm volunteering to protect it, then use your logic and insist I'm part of the "staff" and am therefore entitled to compensation, and forget playing MegaMillions. Smiley Very Happy

I'll listen to your idea as to his proper title. But the bottom line is that he was a "Bernie (something positive)".

Nah. The bottom line is that it has nothing to do with the topic. You've only injected it here in the hopes that it will keep the focus off the right wing mob, which is the topic.

Granted, the shooter being a "staffer" or "something else" is not the issue. However, I believe if people want to froth at the mouth over partisans insulting pols, they cannot ignore partisans on their side shooting pols.

Redefining someone's association, actually, flat-out lying about someone's association, to prop up a failing argument is the issue.

His specific job title pales by comparison to his shooting a Congressman because of his politics. 

It's that same kind of dishonesty we've seen from the right, while faxing pictures of nooses to Clyburn, or throwing bricks through Slaughter's window,

The topic is rude mobs publicly harassing pols. Trying to "go racial" is dishonest.

or worshiping Ayn Rand

Do you know of anyone "worshipping" Rand? If so, to they scream their "worship" in public in foul terms?

and shooting a pol, or listening to a president

We're talking about screaming, not listening.

praising violent assaults and encouraging more of them, and then dismissing it as "panties in a wad", that makes it clear who the true partisans are.

Maxine Waters.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 52

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

You keep saying "Dem staffer" "Dem staffer". Do you even know the definition of a "staffer"? Because if volunteering to do campaigning for a candidate is considered being part of a "staff", then you'd better let the FEC in on your brilliance, so they can change the guidelines, and every volunteer can get paid. And if volunteering makes you part of the staff, then I'm gonna go stand in front of my bank, state that I'm volunteering to protect it, then use your logic and insist I'm part of the "staff" and am therefore entitled to compensation, and forget playing MegaMillions. Smiley Very Happy

I'll listen to your idea as to his proper title. But the bottom line is that he was a "Bernie (something positive)".

Nah. The bottom line is that it has nothing to do with the topic. You've only injected it here in the hopes that it will keep the focus off the right wing mob, which is the topic.

Granted, the shooter being a "staffer" or "something else" is not the issue. However, I believe if people want to froth at the mouth over partisans insulting pols, they cannot ignore partisans on their side shooting pols.

Redefining someone's association, actually, flat-out lying about someone's association, to prop up a failing argument is the issue. It's that same kind of dishonesty we've seen from the right, while faxing pictures of nooses to Clyburn, or throwing bricks through Slaughter's window, or worshiping Ayn Rand and shooting a pol, or listening to a president praising violent assaults and encouraging more of them, and then dismissing it as "panties in a wad", that makes it clear who the true partisans are.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 52

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Rk, like most trump supporters,  loves to use the word "mob" in reference to peaceful protest by left wingers, like those protesting the KKK in C'ville. The Right Wing acts indignant when any Right Wing gathering resulting in violence (like the KKK supporter killing one woman and injuring more than a dozen) is labeled as a "mob". Double standards.

Yes, rk understands that the Party line has been delivered - "No mobs". The left wing media went on and on over and over about it. And now it has sunk down to the level of  just one more "Yeah, me too".

There are mobs all over the place - from antifa to the Kluxers. Then there are the less violent "Waters mobs" who scream and yell but don't touch. And, yes, they are similar to the mob that has the left's panties all in a wad in this topic.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 52

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 52

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

@rk9152

How about the lady who was killed by the ultra right in Charletsville, who trump said were really fine people? And they supported trump, kkk and white supremists.

No he didn't. Please get back to the topic.

Oh, but yes trump did when he said "there are fine people on both sides", when referring to the KKK and those protesting them.  There ya' go, denying reality once again.

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

@rk9152

How about the lady who was killed by the ultra right in Charletsville, who trump said were really fine people? And they supported trump, kkk and white supremists.

No he didn't. Please get back to the topic.

Oh, but yes trump did when he said "there are fine people on both sides", when referring to the KKK and those protesting them.  There ya' go, denying reality once again.

There is nothing but your blind hatred for the man that makes you "know" to whom he was referring.

As I have often said, there were people who came to town looking for a fight. Then there were people who had sincere feelings about the topic and were expressing them. Surely there had to be good people among that second group.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 52

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Rk, like most trump supporters,  loves to use the word "mob" in reference to peaceful protest by left wingers, like those protesting the KKK in C'ville. The Right Wing acts indignant when any Right Wing gathering resulting in violence (like the KKK supporter killing one woman and injuring more than a dozen) is labeled as a "mob". Double standards.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views