Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with the AARP job board.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Angry Americans

Message 41 of 110

@Richva wrote:

We also need him to protect America against a Kremlin cyber assault. 

And what do you think Trump needs to do to protect against cyber assault?  And given how the Democrats protected their server/computers against hacking do you think they would do much better?

They allowed someone to send a phishing email to steal passwords, etc?  They won't allow the FBI to run forensics on their servers and computers?  Then the then head of the DNC allows Pakistanian nationals open access to hers and other congressional computers and servers?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 110

@mickstuder wrote:

@gordyfl wrote:

Uber Driver: ‘Welcome to the resistance’

A group of Republican volunteers was allegedly booted from an Uber in North Carolina after their driver found out about their political leanings, according to reports.

The passengers claimed that they were traveling in the Uber from a campaign event in Raleigh when the driver pulled over to a gas station and kicked them out, the Raleigh News & Observer reported.

“Welcome to the resistance,” the driver allegedly said.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/17/uber-driver-who-allegedly-booted-republicans-welcome-to-the-resistance...

Why does the Trump Cult think they should be immune to criticism and lawful acts of resistance?

Why are members of the Trump Cult unwilling to accept Responsibility for their support of a Crooked Autocratic Regime in Washington 

You Broke it - you own it 

WHat the Snowflake COnservative are aiming for is protection under civil rights laws. If you disagree with them, its a hate crime. we see legislation now to make lawful protest illegal, and consrvatives appalud it. OF COURSE..when the shoe is on the other foot again, and tea party protesters are being jailed, they wont see it that way.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 110

@Richva wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

Didnt your president say he is tired of people being politically correct? Cant handle it now all of a sudden? Got what ya asked for. I see some of the snowflakes here want a safe space now from the issues they clamored for.

So what country's President is your president?  What does being politically correct have to do with using civil and polite language on a discussion site? 

That instead deliberately using references to bodily parts or functions or other posts completely unrelated posts that has no relation to the discussion. 

He is OUR president now. Which means we need to make sure we understand what deals he is making (no notes of his meeting with Putin)

I don't remember Obama asking for my opinion when he sent a planeload of money to Iran

and where his personal interests conflict with the country's (he needs to release his tax forms).  

There is no requirement for the President to release his tax return to you or me.

We also need him to protect America against a Kremlin cyber assault.

How do you prevent a cyber attack? You can take steps to minimize the effects of one but it is short of impossible to positively prevent one. Hillary could have taken steps to protect the classified documents on her personal server in her home but she chose NOT to.

Lots for Trump to do. When do you think he will start?

There are lots of things Trump has to do including wasting time with Mueller, cleaning up the vestiges of the top officials left over from the Obama administration, getting money for that wall, fixing the immigration laws so we aren't overrun by illegal aliens who are committing crimes, and many more things. He IS started.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 110

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Sure he made a few mistakes , but give me a break trying to put Trump ahead of Obama !!!

More Obama worship? And the economy picked up after he left office!!!!

and real wages have gone down. of course you celebrate that.

Actually with my family real wages have gone up.  One son just got a transfer with a hefty raise to his six figure salary.  The other in the academic world had raise that wasn't peanuts.

But then you fail to consider that many under Obama  was unemployed but now have decent jobs.  Looking at employment opportunities locally, I would have no problem finding work if several decades younger, around yours and others here ages.

Several years ago it would have been difficult because the jobs were not there.

Can you imagine what Obama could have done if the Republicans had not left him a devastated ?  I give Trump another 6 months before this set of Republican policies starts a new recession. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 110

@MIseker wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Sure he made a few mistakes , but give me a break trying to put Trump ahead of Obama !!!

More Obama worship? And the economy picked up after he left office!!!!

and real wages have gone down. of course you celebrate that.

Actually with my family real wages have gone up.  One son just got a transfer with a hefty raise to his six figure salary.  The other in the academic world had raise that wasn't peanuts.

But then you fail to consider that many under Obama  was unemployed but now have decent jobs.  Looking at employment opportunities locally, I would have no problem finding work if several decades younger, around yours and others here ages.

Several years ago it would have been difficult because the jobs were not there.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 110
you think its ok for Trump and his admin to accost the public on a daily basis? Im not ok with that. I think more of myself and my country than to allow Trump to do that unchecked.
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 110

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

Didnt your president say he is tired of people being politically correct? Cant handle it now all of a sudden? Got what ya asked for. I see some of the snowflakes here want a safe space now from the issues they clamored for.

So what country's President is your president?  What does being politically correct have to do with using civil and polite language on a discussion site? 

That instead deliberately using references to bodily parts or functions or other posts completely unrelated posts that has no relation to the discussion. 

He is OUR president now. Which means we need to make sure we understand what deals he is making (no notes of his meeting with Putin) and where his personal interests conflict with the country's (he needs to release his tax forms).  

We also need him to protect America against a Kremlin cyber assault.  Lots for Trump to do. When do you think he will start?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 110

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

I asked my wife who earned a doctorate in origins and development of languages as well as two other language doctorates...

Of course when something is mentioned you have many professionals in the family to cover the topic..

Yep - that's what comes of having multiple brothers and sisters and having a dozen children, adopted and biological, all of whom are professionals with children who are now professionals in their chosen fields.

And again, with all of that, if one was in a bar certain language might be appropriate, but in civil discussions why would go out of their way to use lower forms of speech.

You can't prove that others posters went out of their way - it's much more likely that the words used much more thoroughly and accurately expressed the complete and utter disdain and disrespect that the subject of the discussion - usually trump - is held in - and richly deserves...

A.P., you appear to be the envy of some here....

I will have to defer to TxGrandpa2 - who is the nation's ultimate arbiter of everything moral, ethical, patriotic and linguistically correct.

Fortunately i'm seldom sarcastic, facetious or contumacious...

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894 - APPLIES TO TRUMP TODAY
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 110

@williamb39198 wrote:

It’s time that we start pushing back and if it is trump appointees so be it. 

For how many years did repubs berate Obama because he was African American and intentionally oppose any of his programs because of skin color. And they opposed Hillary because she was a woman. They just weren’t part of the “white boy” club. trump supporters will whine because people don’t like them...well, here is a suggestion, support someone who is a decent person!

Ive been participating in the war against fascism all my life. At the time Gore had the election stolen i was at the point in my profesional life that allowed me more time. Every time since, when i see or hear injustice, or some fascist who wants to bash the left to pound their chest..there I am. There is no dispute, the incivily began with the end of the fairness doctrine. If no one else is going to fight back, I will.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 110

@MIseker wrote:

Kudos
Views