Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Angry Americans

Message 51 of 110

@alferdpacker wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

I asked my wife who earned a doctorate in origins and development of languages as well as two other language doctorates...

Of course when something is mentioned you have many professionals in the family to cover the topic..

Yep - that's what comes of having multiple brothers and sisters and having a dozen children, adopted and biological, all of whom are professionals with children who are now professionals in their chosen fields.

And again, with all of that, if one was in a bar certain language might be appropriate, but in civil discussions why would go out of their way to use lower forms of speech.

You can't prove that others posters went out of their way - it's much more likely that the words used much more thoroughly and accurately expressed the complete and utter disdain and disrespect that the subject of the discussion - usually trump - is held in - and richly deserves...

A.P., you appear to be the envy of some here....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 110

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Sure he made a few mistakes , but give me a break trying to put Trump ahead of Obama !!!

More Obama worship? And the economy picked up after he left office!!!!

and real wages have gone down. of course you celebrate that.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 110

@williamb39198 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2

I think it’s good for @alferdpacker to have access to professional opinions to gain knowledge on subjects. Nothing wrong with that. 

Angry Americans may have helped trump get elected, but now the tide is turning and those Americans are becoming angry at him!

Vote in Nov

Angry "liberal" Americans are getting more angry all the time. If it wasn't Trump they were angry at, it would be others. You can't fix these angry liberals. Vote your anger!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 110

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

I asked my wife who earned a doctorate in origins and development of languages as well as two other language doctorates...

Of course when something is mentioned you have many professionals in the family to cover the topic..

And again, with all of that, if one was in a bar certain language might be appropriate, but in civil discussions why would go out of their way to use lower forms of speech.

Didnt your president say he is tired of people being politically correct? Cant handle it now all of a sudden? Got what ya asked for. I see some of the snowflakes here want a safe space now from the issues they clamored for.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 110

@williamb39198 wrote:

I think it’s good for @alferdpacker to have access to professional opinions to gain knowledge on subjects. Nothing wrong with that. 

Good, then you can rely on him for advice....he has it all covered..just mention the problem.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 110

@TxGrandpa2

Angry Americans may have helped trump get elected, but now the tide is turning and those Americans are becoming angry at him!

Vote in Nov

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 110
I think we should MAGA back to the 16-1700's when officials were dragged from their houses, their possesions looted, and the homes burned by the citizens they refused to represent. this also included the emptying jails and hanging the sheriff. We have fewer rights to protest in this Nation than some 3rd world dictatorships. Shame on you people for telling the citizens to lie down and take it.
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 110

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Yep - that's what comes of having multiple brothers and sisters and having a dozen children, adopted and biological, all of whom are professionals with children who are now professionals in their chosen fields.

You can't prove that others posters went out of their way - it's much more likely that the words used much more thoroughly and accurately expressed the complete and utter disdain and disrespect that the subject of the discussion - usually trump - is held in - and richly deserves...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 110

@alferdpacker wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 110

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

How can you criticize others when you stoop lower than any by using gutter type comments

She said that common speech, rude slang and so-called gutter language has existed as long as language, and is much closer to the origins of language than "proper" speech - or as she calls it "pretentious tight posterior speech"

Posts with content containing whining about "gutter type contents" are pretentiously hypocritical posts.

For instance - the man known as "William the Conqueror" was much more widely referred to as "William the "Batsard" for many more years than the alternate designation...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views