From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Angry Americans

Message 71 of 110

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

If it is people who are/were angry about having a black man and woman in the White House, I would agree with you.  If it is people angry over a White Supremacist Fascist in the White House who is alienating all of our allies and siding with our long time Russian enemy, I would disagree with you.

And of course throw in the race card....works everytime doesn't it?

Have you ever considered that people was fed up with his policies?

Have you ever considered Obama was not running but would have won in a walk if he had been?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 110

Oh yeah about those Obama Policies that saved our Economy & Wall Street , the Housing Market , the Auto Industry , Investor's rights through Fiduciary Rules , Protected the Environment , Making it Mandatory for Auto Makers to increase Gas Mileage , Got us out of the Iraq War full of lies , had the Respect of the World including Putin , etc , etc , etc.

Sure he made a few mistakes , but give me a break trying to put Trump ahead of Obama !!!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 110

@ChasKy53 wrote:

If it is people who are/were angry about having a black man and woman in the White House, I would agree with you.  If it is people angry over a White Supremacist Fascist in the White House who is alienating all of our allies and siding with our long time Russian enemy, I would disagree with you.

And of course throw in the race card....works everytime doesn't it?

Have you ever considered that people was fed up with his policies?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 110

@jimc91 wrote:

It begs to be asked...

Do we want "Angry Americans" running the country?

I don't...

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 110

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Trump get elected because a minority of Americans were "angry"?

Angry about a black man in the White House

or

Angry at the decline of their 20th century jobs

or

Angry with so-called "elites" who just don't understand them

or 

Angry at Wall Street

or 

Angry at Congress & politicians in general

My understanding of Trumplings' positions is that they include a whole truckload of anger, which they themselves describe openly. In fact, many Trumplings will tell you that they're so angry, they held their nose to vote for the sexual predator-liar-narcissist-bankrupt-cheater-fascist solely in order to "stick it to" liberals, the elite, "feminazis," white-haters, immigrants, everyone they're angry with. That's how angry they are: They openly say they'd rather burn down the country than let those "others" govern.

I think I'll stick with the Resistance, thanks. I don't have to support a pig like Trump to do so.

PS: I know this forum's Trumplings will deny ever having heard any of the above, but anyone who's spent any time on Facebook or conservative forums knows it's rampant. So save yourself some time and don't say it.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 110

@alferdpacker wrote:

When one goes out of the confines of their home - where one does have some rights to privacy - and proceeds to go out in public - (rest deleted as it is long winded)

So you are saying that if you go out in public I have the right to harass you as much as I want and you have no recourse under the law?  

Hasn't the Supreme Court ruled that your right to free speech doesn't include yelling 'FIRE' in a crowded theater?  You are saying that certain individuals have rights in their private lives, but they give up those rights if they go to work for the Federal government. 

Liberals are hypocritical when they say that someone is entitled to civil rights and protection under the law IF they fall under certain categories, but others have no rights at all.  Basically that is what you and liberals are saying.

Even liberals are subject to the laws the same as others.  You are repeating the mantra of the hippies from the past that you and other liberals have rights, but the rest doesn't. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 110

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

I came back from the same Vietnam at I'm assuming within the same few year time frame as you ............. I have 2 Stars on my Vietnam Service Medal = 2 tours..............I was in agreement with every single Anti-war protestor that got in my face when I was discharged - WHY - Their activities shortened the length of the war - saved many American lives.............

Stars on the VSM doesn't denote number of tours, but of campaigns participated in.  I also have multiple campaign stars on my service medal, but they mean nothing about tours.  One could have more than one during a single tour, I also served more than one tour by choice.

But that's immaterial to the discussion.  From what I've been seeing about the posts here most liberals have been posting supporting the right of everyone, especially minorities, to enjoy the civil rights promoted by the Constitution. 

But apparently they believe that if a person is employed by the Federal Government they lose those rights in their private lives. 

When one goes out of the confines of their home - where one does have some rights to privacy - and proceeds to go out in public - especially if one is a celebrity - a well known public figure - or a person who has become known for being in the employ of any branch of government and speaking publicly for that branch of government - one has no Constitutional or other protection from other citizens singly, or in groups speaking their minds and expressing their opprobrious feelings regarding that person, their position and their words and actions.

Isn't the First Amendment and each and every Supreme Court Decision regarding it wonderful?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 110

@mickstuder wrote:

I came back from the same Vietnam at I'm assuming within the same few year time frame as you ............. I have 2 Stars on my Vietnam Service Medal = 2 tours..............I was in agreement with every single Anti-war protestor that got in my face when I was discharged - WHY - Their activities shortened the length of the war - saved many American lives.............

Stars on the VSM doesn't denote number of tours, but of campaigns participated in.  I also have multiple campaign stars on my service medal, but they mean nothing about tours.  One could have more than one during a single tour, I also served more than one tour by choice.

But that's immaterial to the discussion.  From what I've been seeing about the posts here most liberals have been posting supporting the right of everyone, especially minorities, to enjoy the civil rights promoted by the Constitution. 

But apparently they believe that if a person is employed by the Federal Government they lose those rights in their private lives. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 110

@williamb39198 wrote:

It’s time that we start pushing back and if it is trump appointees so be it. 

For how many years did repubs berate Obama because he was African American and intentionally oppose any of his programs because of skin color. And they opposed Hillary because she was a woman. They just weren’t part of the “white boy” club. trump supporters will whine because people don’t like them...well, here is a suggestion, support someone who is a decent person!

No doubt there are some who hate a black man because of his skin color just as there are some who hate a white man because of his skin color.

Now, about Obama and Trump - they have vastly differing ideologies and visions for America. Under those circumstances it is only natural that different Americans would support one over the other. But then we have the refusal to capitalize the President's name, "lil donnie", "pig in the WH", "trump sucks", "Trump the Chump", all the current "bend over" comments, and so on.

Those are the political realities and the hatred of the left - but race is not a factor.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 110

@mickstuder wrote:

The following FACT is but one Credible Example of the kinds of things - The Trump Cult does not want you to know........

There is a Legal Action pending in Federal Court since April brought by the DNC against Trump Inc. - The Persidents son in law - Jared Kushner has been named as a witness and a subpoena has been issued for him to appear in Fedreal Court 

Guess what - for 3 months the Subpoena has been prevented from being served by process servers at the Whitehouse and at Kushners Private Home - by whom - US Secret Service........

So if Republicans are being protected by Government Law Enforcement Agencies from due process from a Fedreal Court - how does the General Public stand a chance to engage these same people 

Again - find them and engage them whenever - wherever...........what are they hiding?

The DNC Lawyers are asking the Fed. Court judge to allow them to just mail the subpoena to Jared and that would count as being served. This has been done before, and one lawyer on TV this evening felt the judge would allow it. Lets hope so.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors