Honored Social Butterfly

Angry Americans

• Sarah Huckabee Sanders was ousted from a restaurant in Virginia.
  • Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen was jeered as she dined at Mexican restaurant in Washington, D.C.
  • A woman confronted EPA head Scott Pruitt in a restaurant in D.C. while she was holding her baby.
    "We deserve to have somebody at the EPA who actually does protect our environment, someone who believes in climate change and takes it seriously for the benefit of all us, including our children," she said. "I would urge you to resign before your scandals push you out." Pruitt didn't respond, and promptly got up and left with his security guards.
  • Protesters were video-recorded confronting Mitch McConnell as he left a restaurant.
    One of the protesters in the video can be heard saying “We know where you live,” which was called a “not-so-subtle threat right out of the Maxine Waters playbook.”
    Rep. Maxine Waters has never called for violence, but has urged the public to peacefully and publicly confront members of the Trump administration. Since encouraging protests, she has received several threats and been forced to cancel appearances.
  • A woman saw Steve Bannon in a Virginia book store. She took the opportunity to call him a “piece of trash.”
    Nick Cooke, the owner of the book store, called the police.
    In a tweet following the incident, Philippe Reines, a former top aide to Hillary Clinton, shared the contact information of the Virginia bookstore. She posted the address, phone number and email of the bookstore, which is available on the store’s website, appearing to urge his followers to contact the business to defend the woman.
  • A woman harassing a Trump supporter on a plane (video)...

Honored Social Butterfly

@mandm84 wrote:

Sure Tex disregard the 6 straight years of Economic Bliss under Obama for the 1 year of success under Trump. Ridiculous and So biased !!! Some people need to get their heads out of the "FOX HOLE"

Did you forget that the Economic Bliss included low employment and the people being told that was the "new normal"?

Honored Social Butterfly

Delusional G.W. Bush and Trump supporting posters trying to slam Obama. You can't have a rational intelligent discussion with such a poster , but we still try to help educate them !!!

Recognized Social Butterfly

I 😍 reading all the ping pong posts here. But I feel angry too!. So I have decided to go and make the most of every day. Actions do speak louder than words. So I am going to email our elected officials my concerns and the concerns of the Service personal, take their pets for a baths,  hair pieces in hand, go to the  photo shoot with the dogs. I have decided to do everything I can to make  America Great again. To many souls have been lost for our country and freedom.. Nancy 

Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Sure Tex disregard the 6 straight years of Economic Bliss under Obama for the 1 year of success under Trump. Ridiculous and So biased !!! Some people need to get their heads out of the "FOX HOLE"

Did you forget that the Economic Bliss included low employment and the people being told that was the "new normal"?

And cleaner air and water, addressing climate change, and more people covered with healthcare and lower healthcare costs, more consumer protections, less hate crimes..... But thanks for asking.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

And cleaner air and water, addressing climate change, and more people covered with healthcare and lower healthcare costs, more consumer protections, less hate crimes..... But thanks for asking.....

You are very welcome. Which of those do you consider "Economic Bliss" (mand's point)?

Honored Social Butterfly

@mandm84 wrote:

It is apparent that you are more interested in making posts personal than discussing issues.  Now you must be obsessed with posting to me.  Is there a reason?  Tex has been experiencing economic bliss for years before Obama through personal economic planning.

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Sure he made a few mistakes , but give me a break trying to put Trump ahead of Obama !!!

More Obama worship? And the economy picked up after he left office!!!!

Yes it did and that was result of the Obama policies. You know full well there is a lag  on changes in the economy, and what Trump has done to it will not really be felt till the end of this year. Well Obama worship is a lot better than Dictator worship which is what the far right enablers do everyday.

Conversationalist

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Trump get elected because a minority of Americans were "angry"?

Angry about a black man in the White House

or

Angry at the decline of their 20th century jobs

or

Angry with so-called "elites" who just don't understand them

or 

Angry at Wall Street

or 

Angry at Congress & politicians in general

My understanding of Trumplings' positions is that they include a whole truckload of anger, which they themselves describe openly. In fact, many Trumplings will tell you that they're so angry, they held their nose to vote for the sexual predator-liar-narcissist-bankrupt-cheater-fascist solely in order to "stick it to" liberals, the elite, "feminazis," white-haters, immigrants, everyone they're angry with. That's how angry they are: They openly say they'd rather burn down the country than let those "others" govern.

I think I'll stick with the Resistance, thanks. I don't have to support a pig like Trump to do so.

PS: I know this forum's Trumplings will deny ever having heard any of the above, but anyone who's spent any time on Facebook or conservative forums knows it's rampant. So save yourself some time and don't say it.

Honored Social Butterfly

@PaintItBlack wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Trump get elected because a minority of Americans were "angry"?

Angry about a black man in the White House

Not happy with the ideology and vision of the man in the WH who happened to have black skin.

or

Angry at the decline of their 20th century jobs

Angry that the President was describing the sick economy as "the new normal".

or

Angry with so-called "elites" who just don't understand them

Angry that the Party establishment did not listen to them.

or 

Angry at Wall Street

No - that is the "wealth redistribution" advocates of the left.

or 

Angry at Congress & politicians in general

Again - the Party establishment

My understanding of Trumplings' positions is that they include a whole truckload of anger, which they themselves describe openly. In fact, many Trumplings will tell you that they're so angry, they held their nose to vote for the sexual predator-liar-narcissist-bankrupt-cheater-fascist solely in order to "stick it to" liberals, the elite, "feminazis," white-haters, immigrants, everyone they're angry with. That's how angry they are: They openly say they'd rather burn down the country than let those "others" govern.

Can you point to any of those "Trumplings" who said that jazz about burning down the country?

I think I'll stick with the Resistance, thanks. I don't have to support a pig like Trump to do so.

PS: I know this forum's Trumplings will deny ever having heard any of the above, but anyone who's spent any time on Facebook or conservative forums knows it's rampant. So save yourself some time and don't say it.

This rant from some one who calls the President a pig......

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@PaintItBlack wrote:

This rant from some one who calls the President a pig......

You call others on their comments then call the President a pig?  You bring up about a Black man in the White House and then call the President a pig?  How can you criticize others when you stoop lower than any by using gutter type comments?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

How can you criticize others when you stoop lower than any by using gutter type comments

I asked my wife who earned a doctorate in origins and development of languages as well as two other language doctorates...

She said that common speech, rude slang and so-called gutter language has existed as long as language, and is much closer to the origins of language than "proper" speech - or as she calls it "pretentious tight posterior speech"

Posts with content containing whining about "gutter type contents" are pretentiously hypocritical posts.

For instance - the man known as "William the Conqueror" was much more widely referred to as "William the "Batsard" for many more years than the alternate designation...

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

@alferdpacker wrote:

I asked my wife who earned a doctorate in origins and development of languages as well as two other language doctorates...

Of course when something is mentioned you have many professionals in the family to cover the topic..

And again, with all of that, if one was in a bar certain language might be appropriate, but in civil discussions why would go out of their way to use lower forms of speech.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Of course when something is mentioned you have many professionals in the family to cover the topic..

And again, with all of that, if one was in a bar certain language might be appropriate, but in civil discussions why would go out of their way to use lower forms of speech.

Careful, you don't want to be guilty of "pretentious tight posterior speech".

Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Careful, you don't want to be guilty of "pretentious tight posterior speech".

I'm as careful to avoid the unpatriotic hypocrisy of conservatism as I am to avoid the treasonous malfeasance of support of Putin's subservient operative - trump...

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Didnt your president say he is tired of people being politically correct? Cant handle it now all of a sudden? Got what ya asked for. I see some of the snowflakes here want a safe space now from the issues they clamored for.

So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly

@MIseker wrote:

Didnt your president say he is tired of people being politically correct? Cant handle it now all of a sudden? Got what ya asked for. I see some of the snowflakes here want a safe space now from the issues they clamored for.

So what country's President is your president?  What does being politically correct have to do with using civil and polite language on a discussion site? 

That instead deliberately using references to bodily parts or functions or other posts completely unrelated posts that has no relation to the discussion. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

So what country's President is your president?  What does being politically correct have to do with using civil and polite language on a discussion site? 

That instead deliberately using references to bodily parts or functions or other posts completely unrelated posts that has no relation to the discussion. 

He is OUR president now. Which means we need to make sure we understand what deals he is making (no notes of his meeting with Putin) and where his personal interests conflict with the country's (he needs to release his tax forms).  

We also need him to protect America against a Kremlin cyber assault.  Lots for Trump to do. When do you think he will start?

Honored Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:

We also need him to protect America against a Kremlin cyber assault. 

And what do you think Trump needs to do to protect against cyber assault?  And given how the Democrats protected their server/computers against hacking do you think they would do much better?

They allowed someone to send a phishing email to steal passwords, etc?  They won't allow the FBI to run forensics on their servers and computers?  Then the then head of the DNC allows Pakistanian nationals open access to hers and other congressional computers and servers?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

He is OUR president now. Which means we need to make sure we understand what deals he is making (no notes of his meeting with Putin)

I don't remember Obama asking for my opinion when he sent a planeload of money to Iran

and where his personal interests conflict with the country's (he needs to release his tax forms).  

There is no requirement for the President to release his tax return to you or me.

We also need him to protect America against a Kremlin cyber assault.

How do you prevent a cyber attack? You can take steps to minimize the effects of one but it is short of impossible to positively prevent one. Hillary could have taken steps to protect the classified documents on her personal server in her home but she chose NOT to.

Lots for Trump to do. When do you think he will start?

There are lots of things Trump has to do including wasting time with Mueller, cleaning up the vestiges of the top officials left over from the Obama administration, getting money for that wall, fixing the immigration laws so we aren't overrun by illegal aliens who are committing crimes, and many more things. He IS started.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2

I think it’s good for @alferdpacker to have access to professional opinions to gain knowledge on subjects. Nothing wrong with that. 

Angry Americans may have helped trump get elected, but now the tide is turning and those Americans are becoming angry at him!

Vote in Nov

Honored Social Butterfly

@williamb39198 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2

I think it’s good for @alferdpacker to have access to professional opinions to gain knowledge on subjects. Nothing wrong with that. 

Angry Americans may have helped trump get elected, but now the tide is turning and those Americans are becoming angry at him!

Vote in Nov

Angry "liberal" Americans are getting more angry all the time. If it wasn't Trump they were angry at, it would be others. You can't fix these angry liberals. Vote your anger!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2

Vote in Nov

Angry "liberal" Americans are getting more angry all the time. If it wasn't Trump they were angry at, it would be others. You can't fix these angry liberals. Vote your anger!

Don't you just hate it when the other side starts using the tactics your party has been employing for years?

Honored Social Butterfly

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2

Vote in Nov

Don't you just hate it when the other side starts using the tactics your party has been employing for years?

No, I love the other side being angry. I was angry when Obama was President and now I can enjoy their anger.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@williamb39198 wrote:

Good, then you can rely on him for advice....he has it all covered..just mention the problem.

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Yep - that's what comes of having multiple brothers and sisters and having a dozen children, adopted and biological, all of whom are professionals with children who are now professionals in their chosen fields.

You can't prove that others posters went out of their way - it's much more likely that the words used much more thoroughly and accurately expressed the complete and utter disdain and disrespect that the subject of the discussion - usually trump - is held in - and richly deserves...

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

@alferdpacker wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Yep - that's what comes of having multiple brothers and sisters and having a dozen children, adopted and biological, all of whom are professionals with children who are now professionals in their chosen fields.

You can't prove that others posters went out of their way - it's much more likely that the words used much more thoroughly and accurately expressed the complete and utter disdain and disrespect that the subject of the discussion - usually trump - is held in - and richly deserves...

A.P., you appear to be the envy of some here....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

A.P., you appear to be the envy of some here....

I will have to defer to TxGrandpa2 - who is the nation's ultimate arbiter of everything moral, ethical, patriotic and linguistically correct.

Fortunately i'm seldom sarcastic, facetious or contumacious...

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

Jimc asks "Do we want "Angry Americans" running the country?"

----------------

I'd take a Honest Angry American over one who's running the Country Smiling Full of Falsehoods any day !!!

Honored Social Butterfly

Angry Americans

If no threats were made and the public officials were not attacked then no laws were broken, if laws  were broken we can be sure to hear about it.

Trying to silence criticism with stuff like this is not a call for civility, it's a demand for servility.

That's rich after the politics of Republicans for the last forty years.

Honored Social Butterfly

@gruffstuff wrote:

Angry Americans

If no threats were made and the public officials were not attacked then no laws were broken, if laws  were broken we can be sure to hear about it.

Trying to silence criticism with stuff like this is not a call for civility, it's a demand for servility.

That's rich after the politics of Republicans for the last forty years.

If some Kluxer uses the dreaded "N" word, everyone goes nuts and the lefties on these boards try to associate his act with every Republican, Fox news, and Limbaugh.

Any thoughts on the "no law broken theory".

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png