Honored Social Butterfly

Angry Americans

• Sarah Huckabee Sanders was ousted from a restaurant in Virginia.
  • Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen was jeered as she dined at Mexican restaurant in Washington, D.C.
  • A woman confronted EPA head Scott Pruitt in a restaurant in D.C. while she was holding her baby.
    "We deserve to have somebody at the EPA who actually does protect our environment, someone who believes in climate change and takes it seriously for the benefit of all us, including our children," she said. "I would urge you to resign before your scandals push you out." Pruitt didn't respond, and promptly got up and left with his security guards.
  • Protesters were video-recorded confronting Mitch McConnell as he left a restaurant.
    One of the protesters in the video can be heard saying “We know where you live,” which was called a “not-so-subtle threat right out of the Maxine Waters playbook.”
    Rep. Maxine Waters has never called for violence, but has urged the public to peacefully and publicly confront members of the Trump administration. Since encouraging protests, she has received several threats and been forced to cancel appearances.
  • A woman saw Steve Bannon in a Virginia book store. She took the opportunity to call him a “piece of trash.”
    Nick Cooke, the owner of the book store, called the police.
    In a tweet following the incident, Philippe Reines, a former top aide to Hillary Clinton, shared the contact information of the Virginia bookstore. She posted the address, phone number and email of the bookstore, which is available on the store’s website, appearing to urge his followers to contact the business to defend the woman.
  • A woman harassing a Trump supporter on a plane (video)...

Honored Social Butterfly

you think its ok for Trump and his admin to accost the public on a daily basis? Im not ok with that. I think more of myself and my country than to allow Trump to do that unchecked.
So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly

@MIseker wrote:
you think its ok for Trump and his admin to accost the public on a daily basis? Im not ok with that. I think more of myself and my country than to allow Trump to do that unchecked.

i am the public and i was not accosted today - in fact, I had a very nice day

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

@gordyfl
I think many Americans are just tired of all the crap and lies that are spued from so many in Washington, esp. The Donald so they feel that is their way of getting back.
Some may not deserve it like the lady on the plane, but officials are fair game I guess because they support The Donald. Many feel they support his lies, and what they feel is the damage he is causing our Country.

Those in the Government need to have a thick skin and should know that when in the Government, they are always going to have someone on the opposite side who dislike them enough to scream and yell. This yr it has been a lot more, with " The Donald being the leader of the pack!! "

He screams and shouts nasty names and insults all the time, so he and his get it back.

Then it's a bad thing. !! The Bully in the playground just can't always win, but he keeps trying.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Honored Social Butterfly

It’s time that we start pushing back and if it is trump appointees so be it. 

For how many years did repubs berate Obama because he was African American and intentionally oppose any of his programs because of skin color. And they opposed Hillary because she was a woman. They just weren’t part of the “white boy” club. trump supporters will whine because people don’t like them...well, here is a suggestion, support someone who is a decent person!

Honored Social Butterfly

@williamb39198 wrote:

For how many years did repubs berate Obama because he was African American and intentionally oppose any of his programs because of skin color. And they opposed Hillary because she was a woman. They just weren’t part of the “white boy” club. trump supporters will whine because people don’t like them...well, here is a suggestion, support someone who is a decent person!

Ive been participating in the war against fascism all my life. At the time Gore had the election stolen i was at the point in my profesional life that allowed me more time. Every time since, when i see or hear injustice, or some fascist who wants to bash the left to pound their chest..there I am. There is no dispute, the incivily began with the end of the fairness doctrine. If no one else is going to fight back, I will.

So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly

@MIseker wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

Ive been participating in the war against fascism all my life. At the time Gore had the election stolen i was at the point in my profesional life that allowed me more time. Every time since, when i see or hear injustice, or some fascist who wants to bash the left to pound their chest..there I am. There is no dispute, the incivily began with the end of the fairness doctrine. If no one else is going to fight back, I will.

rise workers, you have nothing to lose but your shackles

Honored Social Butterfly

@williamb39198 wrote:

No doubt there are some who hate a black man because of his skin color just as there are some who hate a white man because of his skin color.

Now, about Obama and Trump - they have vastly differing ideologies and visions for America. Under those circumstances it is only natural that different Americans would support one over the other. But then we have the refusal to capitalize the President's name, "lil donnie", "pig in the WH", "trump sucks", "Trump the Chump", all the current "bend over" comments, and so on.

Those are the political realities and the hatred of the left - but race is not a factor.

Honored Social Butterfly

The following FACT is but one Credible Example of the kinds of things - The Trump Cult does not want you to know........

There is a Legal Action pending in Federal Court since April brought by the DNC against Trump Inc. - The Persidents son in law - Jared Kushner has been named as a witness and a subpoena has been issued for him to appear in Fedreal Court 

Guess what - for 3 months the Subpoena has been prevented from being served by process servers at the Whitehouse and at Kushners Private Home - by whom - US Secret Service........

So if Republicans are being protected by Government Law Enforcement Agencies from due process from a Fedreal Court - how does the General Public stand a chance to engage these same people 

Again - find them and engage them whenever - wherever...........what are they hiding?

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Honored Social Butterfly

@mickstuder wrote:

The following FACT is but one Credible Example of the kinds of things - The Trump Cult does not want you to know........

There is a Legal Action pending in Federal Court since April brought by the DNC against Trump Inc. - The Persidents son in law - Jared Kushner has been named as a witness and a subpoena has been issued for him to appear in Fedreal Court 

Guess what - for 3 months the Subpoena has been prevented from being served by process servers at the Whitehouse and at Kushners Private Home - by whom - US Secret Service........

So if Republicans are being protected by Government Law Enforcement Agencies from due process from a Fedreal Court - how does the General Public stand a chance to engage these same people 

Again - find them and engage them whenever - wherever...........what are they hiding?

The DNC Lawyers are asking the Fed. Court judge to allow them to just mail the subpoena to Jared and that would count as being served. This has been done before, and one lawyer on TV this evening felt the judge would allow it. Lets hope so.

Honored Social Butterfly

The DNC Lawyers are asking the Fed. Court judge to allow them to just mail the subpoena to Jared and that would count as being served. This has been done before, and one lawyer on TV this evening felt the judge would allow it. Lets hope so.

DNC Loses Request to Serve Kushner With Russia Suit by Mail
July 17, 2018 -- Updated on July 18, 2018

The Democratic National Committee struck out again in its attempt to notify Jared Kushner that he was sued in April for allegedly colluding with Russia to meddle in the 2016 election.
A federal judge denied the DNC’s request to use U.S. Postal Service first-class mail to deliver the complaint without a signature, after more formal attempts to alert President Donald Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser of the litigation failed.

"Service is not intended to be a game for the serving party or the party to be served," U.S. District Judge John Koeltl in New York said in his decision Tuesday. "The court is confident that the DNC’s counsel can contact Kushner’s counsel and arrange a mutually convenient means to effectuate service."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-17/dnc-seeks-to-send-summons-to-kushner-by-mail-in-r...

Honored Social Butterfly

@mickstuder

Seek them, find them, make them accountable. You know why they hide, they are guilty as charged. And they use whatever means necessary to hide. 

Jared is an absolute pretender who wants to use the government to get financing for his bad business/property decisions. 

And Middle East peace, what a joke. And trump expects us to believe jared is a solution!...no thanks, just like the rest of the family, he is a pretender and liar!

truth hurts

Honored Social Butterfly

Stephen Miller Trashed Pricey Sushi After Bartender Gave Him the Finger
July 9, 2018

White House senior adviser Stephen Miller was so outraged when a bartender gave him both middle fingers that he dumped $80 worth of sushi in the trash, according to a report published Monday.
Miller, 32, was picking up a takeout order from a restaurant near his City Center apartment in Washington, DC, when the barman followed him out into the street and shouted, “Stephen!” before making the rude gesture and cursing him out.
The incident made Miller feel a little raw — so he immediately threw out his pricey meal, he later told co-workers, according to the Washington Post report.

Miller, who is the architect of President Trump’s “zero tolerance” immigration policy, also appeared on “wanted” posters someone placed on lampposts surrounding his apartment building.

In June, he was called a “fascist” by a patron at a Mexican restaurant.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/09/stephen-miller-trashed-pricey-sushi-after-bartender-gave-him-the-finge...

trump supporters civil.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

It begs to be asked...

Do we want "Angry Americans" running the country?

I don't...

VIMTSTL
Honored Social Butterfly

@jimc91 wrote:

It begs to be asked...

Do we want "Angry Americans" running the country?

I don't...

If it is people who are/were angry about having a black man and woman in the White House, I would agree with you.  If it is people angry over a White Supremacist Fascist in the White House who is alienating all of our allies and siding with our long time Russian enemy, I would disagree with you.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

If it is people who are/were angry about having a black man and woman in the White House, I would agree with you.  If it is people angry over a White Supremacist Fascist in the White House who is alienating all of our allies and siding with our long time Russian enemy, I would disagree with you.

And of course throw in the race card....works everytime doesn't it?

Have you ever considered that people was fed up with his policies?

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

And of course throw in the race card....works everytime doesn't it?

Have you ever considered that people was fed up with his policies?

Have you ever considered Obama was not running but would have won in a walk if he had been?

Honored Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:

Have you ever considered Obama was not running but would have won in a walk if he had been?

Have you considered that he was prevented from doing so because of constitutional limitations?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Oh yeah about those Obama Policies that saved our Economy & Wall Street , the Housing Market , the Auto Industry , Investor's rights through Fiduciary Rules , Protected the Environment , Making it Mandatory for Auto Makers to increase Gas Mileage , Got us out of the Iraq War full of lies , had the Respect of the World including Putin , etc , etc , etc.

Sure he made a few mistakes , but give me a break trying to put Trump ahead of Obama !!!

Honored Social Butterfly

@mandm84 wrote:

Sure he made a few mistakes , but give me a break trying to put Trump ahead of Obama !!!

More Obama worship? And the economy picked up after he left office!!!!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

and real wages have gone down. of course you celebrate that.

So it begins.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@MIseker wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

Actually with my family real wages have gone up.  One son just got a transfer with a hefty raise to his six figure salary.  The other in the academic world had raise that wasn't peanuts.

But then you fail to consider that many under Obama  was unemployed but now have decent jobs.  Looking at employment opportunities locally, I would have no problem finding work if several decades younger, around yours and others here ages.

Several years ago it would have been difficult because the jobs were not there.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Actually with my family real wages have gone up.  One son just got a transfer with a hefty raise to his six figure salary.  The other in the academic world had raise that wasn't peanuts.

Same for our kids - at this point in time seven are living and working outside the country with wage, benefit, and professional packages that far exceed what they could have had in-country...  (that includes two who have been practicing medicine in Canada since the early 90s, and their two US born children who graduated from Canadian medical school and practice in Quebec Province near their in-laws)

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

@alferdpacker wrote:

Same for our kids - at this point in time seven are living and working outside the country with wage, benefit, and professional packages that far exceed what they could have had in-country...

Of course, we should have known.......words are cheap on a discussion site.

0 Kudos
Recognized Social Butterfly

Well,  I just  got a special delivery from Our Service Personal,  20 hair pieces . I have  been asked to have their pets wear them and be photographed.  I am in total agreement with the whatever the 🐶 owners want.  I will even have my 3 🐶 show their support. The other hair piece 12, or going to the other members of the dog watching group. Life size posters are going to be made and adds taken out by Trumpster  golf course  in New Jersey.  I know it seems  pity,  put  that's what  Our Service Personal want done. Nancy 

There is even more stuff planned for Monmouth Mall.  See Trumpsters brother in law  wants to remake the mall.  Great idea  in theory,  but we would  need a clover leaf built for all the traffic,  like LA.  The Race rack already affords sports betting,  just happened.  Malls are a thing of the past,  I understand that. Monmouth Mall,  in Eatontown,  does need to be revamped.  But,  with the current changes more thought need to go in to the  planning.  Tweak thing,  every close to tweet  things. Nancy 

I forgot  to mention the other problem with Monmouth Mall.  See,  some of the residents or afraid that if the apartments are built that application process will be rigged. Since  there are  currently law suits about this issue already.  However,  I must state here,  that for years , even before  Fort Monmouth  closed leaving  hundreds of empty  housing unit. Several towns  have been trying to purchase,  rent whatever to put up affordable housing..  No dice,  . Oceanport was able to move their police station over there . But Pine Street,  in Eatontown,  is just rotting  away.  They units couldn't even be used when  Sandy,  hit our state

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Same for our kids - at this point in time seven are living and working outside the country with wage, benefit, and professional packages that far exceed what they could have had in-country...

Of course, we should have known.......words are cheap on a discussion site.

As demonstrated by the alleged "quality" of the content of many of the opinions expressed - and linked to by your posts...

44>dolt45

Boy alferpacker, 

Your quislings saying is coming over my cameras here from our Service personal. Your other words, the ones I  had to look up,  sorry. Are being  repeated over and over.  Remember,  these men and women are not Aarpers. I  had  to let you know. Nancy 

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

But then you fail to consider that many under Obama  was unemployed but now have decent jobs.  Looking at employment opportunities locally, I would have no problem finding work if several decades younger, around yours and others here ages.

Several years ago it would have been difficult because the jobs were not there.

Can you imagine what Obama could have done if the Republicans had not left him a devastated ?  I give Trump another 6 months before this set of Republican policies starts a new recession. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Sure Tex disregard the 6 straight years of Economic Bliss under Obama for the 1 year of success under Trump. Ridiculous and So biased !!! Some people need to get their heads out of the "FOX HOLE"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png