AARP and the photographers of Magnum Photos look at older people living in new ways around the world in A New Age.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
1504
Views

Re: Andrew Weissmann Busted for Withholding Evidence

1,504 Views
Message 1 of 13

@jimc91wrote:

Mueller’s ‘Pit Bull’ Andrew Weissmann Busted for Withholding Evidence in Previous Case “Reprehensible and subject, perhaps, to appropriate disciplinary measures”

 

 

 

  • In 1997 Andrew Weissmann was officially reprimanded by a judge in the Eastern District of New York for withholding evidence.

 

  • Weissmann was reported to the Department of Justice Inspector General and Senate Judiciary Committee for alleged “corrupt legal practices.”

 

  • A formal letter from U.S. Attorney Eastern District of New York Zachary Carter requested the judge to remove Weissman’s name, according to documents.

 

  • Civil rights and Criminal Defense Attorney David Schoen said Weissmann needs to be investigated for alleged past misconduct in court cases.

 

UPDATED

The top attorney in Robert Mueller’s Special Counsel’s office was reported to the Department of Justice’s Inspector General by a lawyer representing whistleblowers for alleged “corrupt legal practices” more than a year before the 2016 presidential election and a decade before to the Senate Judiciary Committee , this reporter has learned.

 

Described by the New York Times as Mueller’s ‘pitbull,’ Andrew Weissmann, a former Eastern District of New York Assistant U.S. Attorney, rose through the ranks to eventually become Mueller’s general counsel at the F.B.I.

 

In 2015 Weissmann was selected to run the Department of Justice’s criminal fraud section and was later handpicked by Mueller to join the ongoing Special Counsel’s Office investigation into the alleged obstruction and alleged collusion between Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign and Russia.

But Weissmann’s rise to the top was rocky from the start. Although he’s been described as a tough prosecutor by some, his involvement in a case targeting the Colombo crime family in a New York Eastern District Court was the first of many that would draw criticism from his peers, as well as judges.

 

READ MORE:    https://saraacarter.com/muellers-pit-bull-andrew-weissmann-busted-withholding-evidence-previous-case...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


The Fox darling Sara is referred to again. Well her record is 100% wrong 100% of the time. Well the leaders do need to have someone they can refer to as they carry out their orders from Russia. Did you see the interview on TV this evening of one of the people who visited the BOT farm in Russia where they were posting to the US pretending to be far right Reb. The people all thought this was a big joke as US people were to smart to fall for this type on utter nonsense they were putting out. Well the far right fell for it, and they still put it out. Did you see the posting on the inter net today about Trump. A poster tells us he is the anti Christ, and the material he gives to back it is just what Trump has done. What do our far right people think about that?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
1504
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
1513
Views

Re: Andrew Weissmann Busted for Withholding Evidence

1,513 Views
Message 2 of 13

Another episode in the Bobbsey twins latest escapade. Cute.  My first impulse was not to dignify deliberately misconstrued absurdities with a response.  I'm not here to try and 'convince' these folks of anything.  It really is a waste of time to engage for that reason.  They are a 'lost cause' and should be treated as such.  They behave as children who have never matured because that is the audience they intend to exploit.  I respond not to them, but to the audience I am trying to reach, so that audience is not misled by their foolish posturing.

 

IF I do engage, it's because what they do has become a convenient tool for me to elaborate, inform and tell the truth as I see it to an audience I hope will listen carefully.  Once pointed out, the audience may see what I see and recognize what must be done between now and November. 

 

We must excise the malignancies in our body politic before they metastisize so much the disease becomes fatal.  That's not hyperbole.  We have never been in such dire straits as we now are.  The fact that it is not just me saying that, in and of itself, doesn't necessarily make it true. Consider the real evidence, though, not the speculative presumption boat floated for you to climb into.  It won't stay afloat long.

 

An entire industry now claim something to be true with a constant repetition creating a din over which rational, civilized people find it difficult to be heard.  Sources are claimed to have credentials only if they share a common propaganda platform with those who push the party line.  This is not accidental.  It is a strategy established to maintain and solidy the grip on power this malignancy has acquired because WE have not attended our democratic Republic properly.

 

So much for the serious stuff people that remain rational should know.  Now for the fun stuff.  

 

IF this were a horse race, jim rode in on a horse that has been out in the South 40 too long,  grazing on what seems to grow best down there.  That horse is so full of what eventually results it can't get out of the gate, let alone run in the Preakness. Now it could be that he and the horse eat up the same stuff.....and are full of the same thing....so that's why he does what he does.  On the other hand, race tracks are full of shills with a purpose.  He could be one of those.  Hard to tell for sure if you don't hang out together.  Now if you ever see me say, ".... ... and the horse you rode in on", understand I'm about as straight as they come and that's really not an invitation to the dance.

 

It appears the other Bobbsey shares the inability to understand the written word.  I'm truly sorry about that.  The help I've offered in the past just hasn't worked out.  Makes me wonder if it started at birth or developed over time.  Hard to say. 

 

Hope I didn't leave these things unsaid too long for the folks out there who didn't get back here for some reason.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
1513
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
1529
Views

Re: Andrew Weissmann Busted for Withholding Evidence

1,529 Views
Message 3 of 13

@jimc91wrote:

Mueller’s ‘Pit Bull’ Andrew Weissmann Busted for Withholding Evidence in Previous Case “Reprehensible and subject, perhaps, to appropriate disciplinary measures”


 

READ MORE:    https://saraacarter.com/muellers-pit-bull-andrew-weissmann-busted-withholding-evidence-previous-case...

 

 O...M...G... jimc91 - did you actually READ the link? It starts out:

The case against the Colombo crime family in the late 1990s involved Theodore Persico, who was convicted of conspiracy to commit murder, loan sharking, racketeering and firearms charges. Persico was the brother of Colombo boss Carmine Persico, Jr, and the network was one of five major Italian mafia organizations operating out of New York.

Weissmann, who was a young Assistant U.S. Attorney with the Eastern District of New York, was the lead attorney in the case against Persico

 

Weisserman was never charged with any crime for his dogged persuit of the Mafia crime bosses, but if you happen to be supporting a NRAGOP Crime Boss of Bosses, then you would not want someone like Weisserman on the case. I guess our NRAGOPers wish the mob boss had gone free.

 

On the other hand, if you want someone who is not afraid to go up against the leader of one of the "Mafia Five Families" that ran crime in most of America to look into crimes committed by the gutless twit POTUS The Worm, Weisserman is DEFINATELY the man for the job. VERY easy to see why the GOPerLords and their Russian Masters have ordered their dupes to attack Weisserman - HE'S REALLY GOOD AT WHAT HE DOES.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
1529
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
1534
Views

Re: Andrew Weissmann Busted for Withholding Evidence

1,534 Views
Message 4 of 13

@umbarch64wrote:


I don't play by rules set without my participation and approval.  Those who try that will just have to endure 'the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune' [Hamlet, Act III, Scene 1] when they exceed the bounds of ethical behavior.  Then it will be by my rules. 

 

An  interesting approach, "If I don't agree with the law I am able to ignore it". What a fabulous concept for a rational society.


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
1534
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
1551
Views

Re: Andrew Weissmann Busted for Withholding Evidence

1,551 Views
Message 5 of 13

@umbarch64wrote:

@jimc91wrote:

@umbarch64wrote:

 In order of appearance below:

 

-Was he charged and convicted of a crime?  

-Was he disbarred?

-What was this in reference to....i.e. what was this all about?

-Who does David Schoen habitually represent and why did he raise a strawman issue without specific    reference....or was that someone else that conveniently left those things out?

 

Now...I carry no water for Weissmann, but innuendo is a really crappy habit for a US citizen to indulge in.  Yeah....that's a judgement of those who do indulge in it.....no matter who.  The Soviet Union did, and now Russia does, that kind of thing.....s'pose it's contagious?


A special Council team needs to be above reproach in order to maintain the appearance of the highest integrity.  I submit Weissmann’s presence detracts from that rather than enhance it.  How am I wrong?  

 

 


I don't play by rules set without my participation and approval.  Those who try that will just have to endure 'the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune' [Hamlet, Act III, Scene 1] when they exceed the bounds of ethical behavior.  Then it will be by my rules. 


OK, so you FORFEIT.  Cool, have a good rest of the weekend.

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
1551
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
1561
Views

Re: Andrew Weissmann Busted for Withholding Evidence

1,561 Views
Message 6 of 13

@jimc91wrote:

@umbarch64wrote:

 In order of appearance below:

 

-Was he charged and convicted of a crime?  

-Was he disbarred?

-What was this in reference to....i.e. what was this all about?

-Who does David Schoen habitually represent and why did he raise a strawman issue without specific    reference....or was that someone else that conveniently left those things out?

 

Now...I carry no water for Weissmann, but innuendo is a really crappy habit for a US citizen to indulge in.  Yeah....that's a judgement of those who do indulge in it.....no matter who.  The Soviet Union did, and now Russia does, that kind of thing.....s'pose it's contagious?


A special Council team needs to be above reproach in order to maintain the appearance of the highest integrity.  I submit Weissmann’s presence detracts from that rather than enhance it.  How am I wrong?  

 

 


I don't play by rules set without my participation and approval.  Those who try that will just have to endure 'the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune' [Hamlet, Act III, Scene 1] when they exceed the bounds of ethical behavior.  Then it will be by my rules. 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
1561
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
1603
Views

Re: Andrew Weissmann Busted for Withholding Evidence

1,603 Views
Message 7 of 13

In reading the recent Indictments, it should become crystal clear to anyone that there was no "presence" detracting from the truths it reveals.

Certainly gave dt his come-to-Jesus-moment just yesterday.

Stick to the facts and maybe they'll help with that urge to kick the cat. 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
1603
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
1612
Views

Re: Andrew Weissmann Busted for Withholding Evidence

1,612 Views
Message 8 of 13

@umbarch64wrote:

 In order of appearance below:

 

-Was he charged and convicted of a crime?  

-Was he disbarred?

-What was this in reference to....i.e. what was this all about?

-Who does David Schoen habitually represent and why did he raise a strawman issue without specific    reference....or was that someone else that conveniently left those things out?

 

Now...I carry no water for Weissmann, but innuendo is a really crappy habit for a US citizen to indulge in.  Yeah....that's a judgement of those who do indulge in it.....no matter who.  The Soviet Union did, and now Russia does, that kind of thing.....s'pose it's contagious?


A special Council team needs to be above reproach in order to maintain the appearance of the highest integrity.  I submit Weissmann’s presence detracts from that rather than enhance it.  How am I wrong?  

 

 

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
1612
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
1615
Views

Re: Andrew Weissmann Busted for Withholding Evidence

1,615 Views
Message 9 of 13

 In order of appearance below:

 

-Was he charged and convicted of a crime?  

-Was he disbarred?

-What was this in reference to....i.e. what was this all about?

-Who does David Schoen habitually represent and why did he raise a strawman issue without specific    reference....or was that someone else that conveniently left those things out?

 

Now...I carry no water for Weissmann, but innuendo is a really crappy habit for a US citizen to indulge in.  Yeah....that's a judgement of those who do indulge in it.....no matter who.  The Soviet Union did, and now Russia does, that kind of thing.....s'pose it's contagious?

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
1615
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
1640
Views

Re: Andrew Weissmann Busted for Withholding Evidence

1,640 Views
Message 10 of 13

@MIsekerwrote:

@jimc91wrote:

Mueller’s ‘Pit Bull’ Andrew Weissmann Busted for Withholding Evidence in Previous Case “Reprehensible and subject, perhaps, to appropriate disciplinary measures”

 

 

 

  • In 1997 Andrew Weissmann was officially reprimanded by a judge in the Eastern District of New York for withholding evidence.

 

  • Weissmann was reported to the Department of Justice Inspector General and Senate Judiciary Committee for alleged “corrupt legal practices.”

 

  • A formal letter from U.S. Attorney Eastern District of New York Zachary Carter requested the judge to remove Weissman’s name, according to documents.

 

  • Civil rights and Criminal Defense Attorney David Schoen said Weissmann needs to be investigated for alleged past misconduct in court cases.

 

UPDATED

The top attorney in Robert Mueller’s Special Counsel’s office was reported to the Department of Justice’s Inspector General by a lawyer representing whistleblowers for alleged “corrupt legal practices” more than a year before the 2016 presidential election and a decade before to the Senate Judiciary Committee , this reporter has learned.

 

Described by the New York Times as Mueller’s ‘pitbull,’ Andrew Weissmann, a former Eastern District of New York Assistant U.S. Attorney, rose through the ranks to eventually become Mueller’s general counsel at the F.B.I.

 

In 2015 Weissmann was selected to run the Department of Justice’s criminal fraud section and was later handpicked by Mueller to join the ongoing Special Counsel’s Office investigation into the alleged obstruction and alleged collusion between Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign and Russia.

But Weissmann’s rise to the top was rocky from the start. Although he’s been described as a tough prosecutor by some, his involvement in a case targeting the Colombo crime family in a New York Eastern District Court was the first of many that would draw criticism from his peers, as well as judges.

 

READ MORE:    https://saraacarter.com/muellers-pit-bull-andrew-weissmann-busted-withholding-evidence-previous-case...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


yeah, that mueller has nothing.

 


I am of the opinion that Mr. Mueller made a mistake by choosing Weissmann as part of his team.  Just like he had to remove several members of his team for political bias to restore the integrity of his team this is another individual that has way too much baggage that again raises the "Integrity" flag on the team.  IMO of course.  Mr. Mueller's team is only as good as the weakest link.  Andrew Weissmann's presence on the team is a problem when you look at his background.

 

 

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
1640
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.


multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors