Andrew McCabe - Page 136

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Andrew McCabe - Page 136

Message 1 of 14

You saw those videos. There are many people who said they voted for Maduro, and earlier Chavez. 

There are Venezuelans protesting peacefully against Maduro in the streets. In some videos I've seen protestors  throwing molotov cocktails. 

Women singing Viva Chavez....Viva Maduro...

https://twitter.com/SweeneySteve/status/1099084408072687617

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 14

-  Trump justified his sanctions by saying the poor people in Venezuela are suffering. Here are some of the poor in Venezuela....

Raping Venezuela of its oil is not going to ease their suffering.  If he were at all concerned with people suffering he would not be at war with Hondurans, Nicaraguans, Salvadorans and Guatemalans who are fleeing the dangers to their lives from lawlessness that plagues their countries.  His definition of suffering is selective.  What can I get from it.

Published on February 25, 2019 in Latin America

Pence travels to Columbia to talk Maduro ouster

https://www.arkrepublic.com/2019/02/25/pence-travels-to-columbia-to-talk-maduro-ouster/

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 14

From the original post:

I read an article that Trump had suggested going to war in Venezuela because "They have all the oil". The article said it was on page 136 of McCabe's new book The Threat.

oceanedge wrote:

Maduro accused Bolton and Trump of seeking to destroy his leftist “Bolivarian” administration through a coup that risked plunging Venezuela into conflict.
“I hold Donald Trump responsible for any violence that might come to pass in Venezuela. It will be you, señor presidente Donald Trump, responsible for this policy of regime change in Venezuela, and the blood that might flow in Venezuela will be on your hands … You will have your hands covered in blood, if you lead Venezuela into partial or generalised violence.”

Earlier on Monday, Pope Francis said he feared bloodshed.

Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard, who is among those seeking the Democratic nomination for 2020, is urging the US to keep out of Venezuela. She tweeted: “The US must stay out of Venezuela and let the people determine their own future. US meddling in Latin America has been disastrous for the people of the countries where we intervene.”

I agree with what you said - Tulsi Gabbard “The US must stay out of Venezuela and let the people determine their own future. US meddling in Latin America has been disastrous for the people of the countries where we intervene.”

John F. Kennedy said in his "Peace Speech "Our problems are man-made -- therefore they can be solved by man."

As to with the people of Venezuela - Their problems should be solved by the Venezuelan people.

Trump justified his sanctions by saying the poor people in Venezuela are suffering. Here are some of the poor in Venezuela....

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 14

@gordyfl wrote:

The country of Venezeula is split (like here in the U.S.).

That's off-topic @gordyfl ...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 14

@gordyfl wrote:

I read an article that Trump had suggested going to war in Venezuela because "They have all the oil". The article said it was on page 136 of McCabe's new book The Threat.

While I was in a local department store, I passed the books section, saw McCabes new book, and decided to look up page 136 to verify the article. Yep, it was there on page 136.

Since I was on that page, I decided to read the whole page. This is what McCabe wrote...

"The whole rest of the meeting, the president talked non-stop.

North Korea had recently conducted a test of an intercontinental missile, potentially capable of striking the U.S.
Kim Jong-un had called the test a Fourth of July "gift" to "the arrogant Americans."

But the president didn't believe it had happened. The president thought it was a hoax.

He thought that North Korea did not have the capability to launch such missiles.

He said he knew this because Vladimir Putin had told him so.

The intelligence briefer told the president this point of view is not consistent with any of the intelligence that the United States possessed.

The president said he believed Putin.

I took a picture of the page...

page 136 B.jpg

#1 LESSON LEARNED: Never ever elect another gutless draft-dodging preppytwit to be POTUS. They think War is like their highschool gym class or a reserve meeting they don't attend. And fopr God's Sake, don't even nominate anyone who owes the Russians hundreds of millions of dollars he can't pay back.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 14

The country of Venezeula is split, no different than many other countries, including the U.S.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 14

I saw a little old lady of Venezuela wearing a red shirt (pro-Maduro) say if the U.S. sends its military into Venezuela, "We will not let them out".

Watching videos of the protests, it looks to me the country is split - half pro-Maduro, half anti-Maduro, with a slight edge to the anti-Maduro crowd, but many in the the anti-Maduro crowd don't support Guarido, either.

One thing is certain, clear majority are opposed to the U.S. interfering in their country. 

ven hands off1.jpg

ven yankee go.jpg

Venezuela "Hands Offf March"....

ven hands off march.jpg

Trump's Venezuela speech didn't go over well...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 14
our foreign policy under Trump is a complete and total MESS. Can anyone please describe it to me in detail? Thanks.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 14

"That's the country we should be going to war with....They have all the oil and they're right at our back door."

I don't think there is any more "should be".  dt and his administration are full steam ahead.  As in the the lead up to the invasion of Iraq, the lies of justification are flowing.

Trump steps up Maduro pressure with sanctions on Venezuelan oil company ~ Mon 28 Jan 2019

• Sanctions on $7bn in assets intended to boost Guaidó
  • John Bolton keen to counter ‘penetration’ from Cuba and Iran

Maduro hit back in a live broadcast to the nation.....“This group of extremists that have stormed the White House have no limits,” he said, attacking the “belittlement, disdain and aggression” with which he claimed “Donald Trump’s unfit government” treated Venezuela.

Maduro accused Bolton and Trump of seeking to destroy his leftist “Bolivarian” administration through a coup that risked plunging Venezuela into conflict.

“I hold Donald Trump responsible for any violence that might come to pass in Venezuela. It will be you, señor presidente Donald Trump, responsible for this policy of regime change in Venezuela, and the blood that might flow in Venezuela will be on your hands … You will have your hands covered in blood, if you lead Venezuela into partial or generalised violence.”

Earlier on Monday, Pope Francis said he feared bloodshed.

The US is the biggest importer of Venezuelan crude, followed by India and China, last year importing an average of around 500,000 barrels a day.

Richani said the sanctions indicated the White House had decided to go “all-out” against Maduro: “This is a really dangerous situation for Caracas.”

The notepad Bolton was holding as he took to the stage hinted at just how potentially dangerous it could be. A handwritten note on its yellow pages appeared to read: “5,000 troops to Colombia”.  (more)  https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/28/trump-venezuela-sanctions-oil-pdvsa-maduro-guaido

I found the "Comments" at the end of this next article all very interesting.

Relatives of US oil industry ‘hostages’ in Venezuela make emotional appeal for their release ~ 2 days ago
The six men – five US citizens and one permanent resident, and all employees of Citgo, the US subsidiary of Venezuela’s state-run Petróleos de Venezuela SA (PDVSA) – were detained in November 2017 after being called to Caracas from Houston for a meeting. They were arrested and charged with corruption over an alleged $4bn agreement to refinance company bonds. They deny the accusations.

For 16 months, the relatives of the Venezuelan Americans, who have become known as the Citgo 6, were advised to remain silent. Now, after 500 days in captivity and the men’s initial hearing having been postponed on 13 occasions, they are speaking out.  (???)

Venezuela has for years relied on oil exports to support its economy, something that permitted Mr Maduro’s predecessor, Hugo Chavez, to invest heavily in social programmes, when prices were high. A failure to broaden the economy, combined with alleged corruption in the nation’s oil business and a crash in prices, have added to Venezuela’s economic woes.

So too, have US sanctions. In January, Washington expanded sanctions to include PDVSA, which for years was a major exporter to the US. The sanctions also included Citgo.

“The Trump administration’s recent moves on Venezuela have so many historical echoes it’s a veritable déjà vu layer cake,” Jon Rainwater, executive director of Peace Action, a Washington DC-based NGO, wrote recently. “The appointment of Elliot Abrams as US Special Envoy to Venezuela last week was the icing on the cake. Abrams is an unrepentant interventionist.”

Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard, who is among those seeking the Democratic nomination for 2020, is urging the US to keep out of Venezuela. She tweeted: “The US must stay out of Venezuela and let the people determine their own future. US meddling in Latin America has been disastrous for the people of the countries where we intervene.”

(more)  https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/venezuela-hostages-us-maduro-carlos-anez-jorge-tol...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 14

That was the trouble President Trump had with the Iraq Invasion - that we didn't get their oil. Don't worry about the 200,000 innocent dead and over $3 TRILLION in Tax Payer cost.

Now we need to conduct another invasion for Venezuelan oil.

Oh the Humanity !!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors