Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
109
Views

Re: An Ole White Man "GETS" White Priviledge NFL Style

109 Views
Message 21 of 58

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Why would it bother anyone that this "ole white man" admits to and explains how he was a recipient of white privilege and points out implicit racism in our culture? It is known that racists are often bothered by someone pointing out racism. Perhaps there are other reason?


That's a good point - why is it even a topic? What is with this obsession with "white guilt"?


Can you debunk anything the guy stated? Those obsessed with it are the ones debating against what the guy freely admitted. Do you think that 'White Privelege' exists?


How could I debunk the guy's sense of "white guilt". He is making assumptions based on it.

 

As to "white privilege" - sure, a white will probably be more educated, less likely to have a record, have a better work ethic, and so on. It is not the fault of of the person bringing less to the workplace. As I have posted before, I consider them, in many cases,  victims of the "war on poverty" and other such efforts to help but which have failed miserably. So those realities can be called "white privilege" if it makes you happy.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
109
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
96
Views

Re: An Ole White Man "GETS" White Priviledge NFL Style

96 Views
Message 22 of 58

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

So a Progressive uses his access to the microphone to rant about perceived racism - it seems there are some who spend their day and nights (and posts) obsessing about such issues.

 

Maybe we should have a federally controlled quota system for NFL coaches.

 

Then we could have one for the NBA - wouldn't that be dandy.


I am not sure about the point you are trying to make about the NBA.

 

Since the thesis of the thread is about Black Men and Women in positions of power such as coaching in our professional sports, if you are trying to say there's a bunch of BLACK COACHES in the NBA, you would once again, be wrong.

 

The NBA, made up of 75% BLACK PLAYERS, has only 8 BLACK COACHES. That means only 27% of the teams have BLACK COACHES.

 

Worse yet, there is only one BLACK owner.

 

White privilege is clearly at work in the NBA also.

 

Maybe you'd like to try ICE HOCKEY next????


@rk9152,

 

You made a point to single out the NBA in your original post above. It sounds like you are being sarcastic.

 

Do you believe there are too many BLACK players in the NBA, too many Black Coaches in the NBA, or what?

 

I didn't get your point about adding the NBA into the mix when the thread is about the NFL.


No I don't. I do not believe in assigning people to positions based on their race.


So what was your purpose in mentioning the NBA at all?


It is obvious that since the topic is about concern about a racial imbalance in sports the NBA has a similar imbalance so can be part of the discussion.

 

And again, I do not believe in assigning jobs based on race. Are we in agreement on that?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
96
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
106
Views

Re: An Ole White Man "GETS" White Priviledge NFL Style

106 Views
Message 23 of 58

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

So a Progressive uses his access to the microphone to rant about perceived racism - it seems there are some who spend their day and nights (and posts) obsessing about such issues.

 

Maybe we should have a federally controlled quota system for NFL coaches.

 

Then we could have one for the NBA - wouldn't that be dandy.


I am not sure about the point you are trying to make about the NBA.

 

Since the thesis of the thread is about Black Men and Women in positions of power such as coaching in our professional sports, if you are trying to say there's a bunch of BLACK COACHES in the NBA, you would once again, be wrong.

 

The NBA, made up of 75% BLACK PLAYERS, has only 8 BLACK COACHES. That means only 27% of the teams have BLACK COACHES.

 

Worse yet, there is only one BLACK owner.

 

White privilege is clearly at work in the NBA also.

 

Maybe you'd like to try ICE HOCKEY next????


@rk9152,

 

You made a point to single out the NBA in your original post above. It sounds like you are being sarcastic.

 

Do you believe there are too many BLACK players in the NBA, too many Black Coaches in the NBA, or what?

 

I didn't get your point about adding the NBA into the mix when the thread is about the NFL.


No I don't. I do not believe in assigning people to positions based on their race.


We’ve done that the entire history of our nation. It’s just we’ve always assigned the good stuff to whites based on race.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
106
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
102
Views

Re: An Ole White Man "GETS" White Priviledge NFL Style

102 Views
Message 24 of 58

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

New book recommendation for those who think racism isn’t alive and well. 

 

 

Waking Up White, and Finding Myself in the Story of Race https://www.amazon.com/dp/0991331303/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_JCwoCbY6YJQJ3

 


A woman who has made a career out of seeing the racism of others. A perfect read for those who get off on white guilt.


Fact is there's enough racism in the Republican Party to employ an army of Women writers for eons, and there would still be examples that were not covered.


Fact is that a person who sees border security as hatred for "poor tired women and children" is not in a position to define "racism".


Oh? The dictionary defines racism. It exists and those calling it out when they see it aren't the racists, more often than not, the ones denying it are.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
102
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
90
Views

Re: An Ole White Man "GETS" White Priviledge NFL Style

90 Views
Message 25 of 58

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Why would it bother anyone that this "ole white man" admits to and explains how he was a recipient of white privilege and points out implicit racism in our culture? It is known that racists are often bothered by someone pointing out racism. Perhaps there are other reason?


That's a good point - why is it even a topic? What is with this obsession with "white guilt"?


Can you debunk anything the guy stated? Those obsessed with it are the ones debating against what the guy freely admitted. Do you think that 'White Privelege' exists?


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
90
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
94
Views

Re: An Ole White Man "GETS" White Priviledge NFL Style

94 Views
Message 26 of 58

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

So a Progressive uses his access to the microphone to rant about perceived racism - it seems there are some who spend their day and nights (and posts) obsessing about such issues.

 

Maybe we should have a federally controlled quota system for NFL coaches.

 

Then we could have one for the NBA - wouldn't that be dandy.


I am not sure about the point you are trying to make about the NBA.

 

Since the thesis of the thread is about Black Men and Women in positions of power such as coaching in our professional sports, if you are trying to say there's a bunch of BLACK COACHES in the NBA, you would once again, be wrong.

 

The NBA, made up of 75% BLACK PLAYERS, has only 8 BLACK COACHES. That means only 27% of the teams have BLACK COACHES.

 

Worse yet, there is only one BLACK owner.

 

White privilege is clearly at work in the NBA also.

 

Maybe you'd like to try ICE HOCKEY next????


@rk9152,

 

You made a point to single out the NBA in your original post above. It sounds like you are being sarcastic.

 

Do you believe there are too many BLACK players in the NBA, too many Black Coaches in the NBA, or what?

 

I didn't get your point about adding the NBA into the mix when the thread is about the NFL.


No I don't. I do not believe in assigning people to positions based on their race.


So what was your purpose in mentioning the NBA at all?

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
94
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
99
Views

Re: An Ole White Man "GETS" White Priviledge NFL Style

99 Views
Message 27 of 58

@nctarheel wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

So a Progressive uses his access to the microphone to rant about perceived racism - it seems there are some who spend their day and nights (and posts) obsessing about such issues.

 

Maybe we should have a federally controlled quota system for NFL coaches.

 

Then we could have one for the NBA - wouldn't that be dandy.


I am not sure about the point you are trying to make about the NBA.

 

Since the thesis of the thread is about Black Men and Women in positions of power such as coaching in our professional sports, if you are trying to say there's a bunch of BLACK COACHES in the NBA, you would once again, be wrong.

 

The NBA, made up of 75% BLACK PLAYERS, has only 8 BLACK COACHES. That means only 27% of the teams have BLACK COACHES.

 

Worse yet, there is only one BLACK owner.

 

White privilege is clearly at work in the NBA also.

 

Maybe you'd like to try ICE HOCKEY next????


@rk9152,

 

You made a point to single out the NBA in your original post above. It sounds like you are being sarcastic.

 

Do you believe there are too many BLACK players in the NBA, too many Black Coaches in the NBA, or what?

 

I didn't get your point about adding the NBA into the mix when the thread is about the NFL.


No I don't. I do not believe in assigning people to positions based on their race.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
99
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
107
Views

Re: An Ole White Man "GETS" White Priviledge NFL Style

107 Views
Message 28 of 58

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

New book recommendation for those who think racism isn’t alive and well. 

 

 

Waking Up White, and Finding Myself in the Story of Race https://www.amazon.com/dp/0991331303/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_JCwoCbY6YJQJ3

 


A woman who has made a career out of seeing the racism of others. A perfect read for those who get off on white guilt.


Fact is there's enough racism in the Republican Party to employ an army of Women writers for eons, and there would still be examples that were not covered.


Fact is that a person who sees border security as hatred for "poor tired women and children" is not in a position to define "racism".

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
107
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
95
Views

Re: An Ole White Man "GETS" White Priviledge NFL Style

95 Views
Message 29 of 58
Of course you "don't get it". It's the practice of.... perfecting obtuseness. Good job though.

"The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile "
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
95
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
95
Views

Re: An Ole White Man "GETS" White Priviledge NFL Style

95 Views
Message 30 of 58

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

So a Progressive uses his access to the microphone to rant about perceived racism - it seems there are some who spend their day and nights (and posts) obsessing about such issues.

 

Maybe we should have a federally controlled quota system for NFL coaches.

 

Then we could have one for the NBA - wouldn't that be dandy.


I am not sure about the point you are trying to make about the NBA.

 

Since the thesis of the thread is about Black Men and Women in positions of power such as coaching in our professional sports, if you are trying to say there's a bunch of BLACK COACHES in the NBA, you would once again, be wrong.

 

The NBA, made up of 75% BLACK PLAYERS, has only 8 BLACK COACHES. That means only 27% of the teams have BLACK COACHES.

 

Worse yet, there is only one BLACK owner.

 

White privilege is clearly at work in the NBA also.

 

Maybe you'd like to try ICE HOCKEY next????


@rk9152,

 

You made a point to single out the NBA in your original post above. It sounds like you are being sarcastic.

 

Do you believe there are too many BLACK players in the NBA, too many Black Coaches in the NBA, or what?

 

I didn't get your point about adding the NBA into the mix when the thread is about the NFL.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
95
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!


close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors