From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
74
Views

Re: An Ole White Man "GETS" White Priviledge NFL Style

74 Views
Message 11 of 58

   HUH?   why does someone who admits that white priviledge does indeed exist in the NFL is immediately tagged as a progressive?   The individual did not give his name not his political affiliation.  Without a name, how does anyone know if or to whom he donated $$$ as a show of support.    Perhaps that is a false argument, perhaps by individuals who are demanding that leadership jobs in professional football be white need to consider why they are defensive about "white priviledge".      

 

     There are some arguments to be made about "white priviledge", but those complaining either don't know them or have never thought about the issue, except to complain when it is depicted in a negative way by another "white guy".     

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
74
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
86
Views

Re: An Ole White Man "GETS" White Priviledge NFL Style

86 Views
Message 12 of 58

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

New book recommendation for those who think racism isn’t alive and well. 

 

 

Waking Up White, and Finding Myself in the Story of Race https://www.amazon.com/dp/0991331303/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_JCwoCbY6YJQJ3

 


A woman who has made a career out of seeing the racism of others. A perfect read for those who get off on white guilt.


Fact is there's enough racism in the Republican Party to employ an army of Women writers for eons, and there would still be examples that were not covered.


Fact is that a person who sees border security as hatred for "poor tired women and children" is not in a position to define "racism".


Oh? The dictionary defines racism. It exists and those calling it out when they see it aren't the racists, more often than not, the ones denying it are.


I have not seen a dictionary describing border security as hatred for "poor tired women and children" - and calling that racism, defies the dictionary. 


You really need to read other's postings more carefully and more thoroughly. I did not say anything like what you twisted my words to mean and neither did Scout nor ManicProgressive. But then, I think you know that.


Let's check - scout, do you think the reason for the Republican's position on border security is because they want to harm "poor brown people"?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
86
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
78
Views

Re: An Ole White Man "GETS" White Priviledge NFL Style

78 Views
Message 13 of 58

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Why would it bother anyone that this "ole white man" admits to and explains how he was a recipient of white privilege and points out implicit racism in our culture? It is known that racists are often bothered by someone pointing out racism. Perhaps there are other reason?


That's a good point - why is it even a topic? What is with this obsession with "white guilt"?


Can you debunk anything the guy stated? Those obsessed with it are the ones debating against what the guy freely admitted. Do you think that 'White Privelege' exists?


How could I debunk the guy's sense of "white guilt". He is making assumptions based on it.

 

As to "white privilege" - sure, a white will probably be more educated, less likely to have a record, have a better work ethic, and so on. It is not the fault of of the person bringing less to the workplace. As I have posted before, I consider them, in many cases,  victims of the "war on poverty" and other such efforts to help but which have failed miserably. So those realities can be called "white privilege" if it makes you happy.


Just pointing out that believing that someone has certain traits like "better work ethic" because of their race perfectly fits the dictionary definition of racism.


Which is why I didn't say that.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
78
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
84
Views

Re: An Ole White Man "GETS" White Priviledge NFL Style

84 Views
Message 14 of 58

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Why would it bother anyone that this "ole white man" admits to and explains how he was a recipient of white privilege and points out implicit racism in our culture? It is known that racists are often bothered by someone pointing out racism. Perhaps there are other reason?


That's a good point - why is it even a topic? What is with this obsession with "white guilt"?


Can you debunk anything the guy stated? Those obsessed with it are the ones debating against what the guy freely admitted. Do you think that 'White Privelege' exists?


How could I debunk the guy's sense of "white guilt". He is making assumptions based on it.

 

As to "white privilege" - sure, a white will probably be more educated, less likely to have a record, have a better work ethic, and so on. It is not the fault of of the person bringing less to the workplace. As I have posted before, I consider them, in many cases,  victims of the "war on poverty" and other such efforts to help but which have failed miserably. So those realities can be called "white privilege" if it makes you happy.


That’s historically inaccurate. 


For example.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
84
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
103
Views

Re: An Ole White Man "GETS" White Priviledge NFL Style

103 Views
Message 15 of 58

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

New book recommendation for those who think racism isn’t alive and well. 

 

 

Waking Up White, and Finding Myself in the Story of Race https://www.amazon.com/dp/0991331303/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_JCwoCbY6YJQJ3

 


A woman who has made a career out of seeing the racism of others. A perfect read for those who get off on white guilt.


Fact is there's enough racism in the Republican Party to employ an army of Women writers for eons, and there would still be examples that were not covered.


Fact is that a person who sees border security as hatred for "poor tired women and children" is not in a position to define "racism".


Oh? The dictionary defines racism. It exists and those calling it out when they see it aren't the racists, more often than not, the ones denying it are.


I have not seen a dictionary describing border security as hatred for "poor tired women and children" - and calling that racism, defies the dictionary. 


You really need to read other's postings more carefully and more thoroughly. I did not say anything like what you twisted my words to mean and neither did Scout nor ManicProgressive. But then, I think you know that.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
103
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
107
Views

Re: An Ole White Man "GETS" White Priviledge NFL Style

107 Views
Message 16 of 58

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Why would it bother anyone that this "ole white man" admits to and explains how he was a recipient of white privilege and points out implicit racism in our culture? It is known that racists are often bothered by someone pointing out racism. Perhaps there are other reason?


That's a good point - why is it even a topic? What is with this obsession with "white guilt"?


Can you debunk anything the guy stated? Those obsessed with it are the ones debating against what the guy freely admitted. Do you think that 'White Privelege' exists?


How could I debunk the guy's sense of "white guilt". He is making assumptions based on it.

 

As to "white privilege" - sure, a white will probably be more educated, less likely to have a record, have a better work ethic, and so on. It is not the fault of of the person bringing less to the workplace. As I have posted before, I consider them, in many cases,  victims of the "war on poverty" and other such efforts to help but which have failed miserably. So those realities can be called "white privilege" if it makes you happy.


Just pointing out that believing that someone has certain traits like "better work ethic" because of their race perfectly fits the dictionary definition of racism.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
107
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
110
Views

Re: An Ole White Man "GETS" White Priviledge NFL Style

110 Views
Message 17 of 58

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

So a Progressive uses his access to the microphone to rant about perceived racism - it seems there are some who spend their day and nights (and posts) obsessing about such issues.

 

Maybe we should have a federally controlled quota system for NFL coaches.

 

Then we could have one for the NBA - wouldn't that be dandy.


I am not sure about the point you are trying to make about the NBA.

 

Since the thesis of the thread is about Black Men and Women in positions of power such as coaching in our professional sports, if you are trying to say there's a bunch of BLACK COACHES in the NBA, you would once again, be wrong.

 

The NBA, made up of 75% BLACK PLAYERS, has only 8 BLACK COACHES. That means only 27% of the teams have BLACK COACHES.

 

Worse yet, there is only one BLACK owner.

 

White privilege is clearly at work in the NBA also.

 

Maybe you'd like to try ICE HOCKEY next????


@rk9152,

 

You made a point to single out the NBA in your original post above. It sounds like you are being sarcastic.

 

Do you believe there are too many BLACK players in the NBA, too many Black Coaches in the NBA, or what?

 

I didn't get your point about adding the NBA into the mix when the thread is about the NFL.


No I don't. I do not believe in assigning people to positions based on their race.


We’ve done that the entire history of our nation. It’s just we’ve always assigned the good stuff to whites based on race.


You must be so ashamed to be an American.


Nice try, but no.  I didn’t construct any of the laws and systems meant to give whites an advantage. And I work to dismantle the ones that exist now.  I don’t like having an artificial advantage. 

http://newsreel.org/guides/race/whiteadv.htm

 

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
110
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
110
Views

Re: An Ole White Man "GETS" White Priviledge NFL Style

110 Views
Message 18 of 58

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Why would it bother anyone that this "ole white man" admits to and explains how he was a recipient of white privilege and points out implicit racism in our culture? It is known that racists are often bothered by someone pointing out racism. Perhaps there are other reason?


That's a good point - why is it even a topic? What is with this obsession with "white guilt"?


Can you debunk anything the guy stated? Those obsessed with it are the ones debating against what the guy freely admitted. Do you think that 'White Privelege' exists?


How could I debunk the guy's sense of "white guilt". He is making assumptions based on it.

 

As to "white privilege" - sure, a white will probably be more educated, less likely to have a record, have a better work ethic, and so on. It is not the fault of of the person bringing less to the workplace. As I have posted before, I consider them, in many cases,  victims of the "war on poverty" and other such efforts to help but which have failed miserably. So those realities can be called "white privilege" if it makes you happy.


That’s historically inaccurate. 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
110
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
119
Views

Re: An Ole White Man "GETS" White Priviledge NFL Style

119 Views
Message 19 of 58

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

So a Progressive uses his access to the microphone to rant about perceived racism - it seems there are some who spend their day and nights (and posts) obsessing about such issues.

 

Maybe we should have a federally controlled quota system for NFL coaches.

 

Then we could have one for the NBA - wouldn't that be dandy.


I am not sure about the point you are trying to make about the NBA.

 

Since the thesis of the thread is about Black Men and Women in positions of power such as coaching in our professional sports, if you are trying to say there's a bunch of BLACK COACHES in the NBA, you would once again, be wrong.

 

The NBA, made up of 75% BLACK PLAYERS, has only 8 BLACK COACHES. That means only 27% of the teams have BLACK COACHES.

 

Worse yet, there is only one BLACK owner.

 

White privilege is clearly at work in the NBA also.

 

Maybe you'd like to try ICE HOCKEY next????


@rk9152,

 

You made a point to single out the NBA in your original post above. It sounds like you are being sarcastic.

 

Do you believe there are too many BLACK players in the NBA, too many Black Coaches in the NBA, or what?

 

I didn't get your point about adding the NBA into the mix when the thread is about the NFL.


No I don't. I do not believe in assigning people to positions based on their race.


We’ve done that the entire history of our nation. It’s just we’ve always assigned the good stuff to whites based on race.


You must be so ashamed to be an American.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
119
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
109
Views

Re: An Ole White Man "GETS" White Priviledge NFL Style

109 Views
Message 20 of 58

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

New book recommendation for those who think racism isn’t alive and well. 

 

 

Waking Up White, and Finding Myself in the Story of Race https://www.amazon.com/dp/0991331303/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_JCwoCbY6YJQJ3

 


A woman who has made a career out of seeing the racism of others. A perfect read for those who get off on white guilt.


Fact is there's enough racism in the Republican Party to employ an army of Women writers for eons, and there would still be examples that were not covered.


Fact is that a person who sees border security as hatred for "poor tired women and children" is not in a position to define "racism".


Oh? The dictionary defines racism. It exists and those calling it out when they see it aren't the racists, more often than not, the ones denying it are.


I have not seen a dictionary describing border security as hatred for "poor tired women and children" - and calling that racism, defies the dictionary. 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
109
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors