Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: An Ole White Man "GETS" White Priviledge NFL Style

Message 1 of 58

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Why would it bother anyone that this "ole white man" admits to and explains how he was a recipient of white privilege and points out implicit racism in our culture? It is known that racists are often bothered by someone pointing out racism. Perhaps there are other reason?

That's a good point - why is it even a topic? What is with this obsession with "white guilt"?

Can you debunk anything the guy stated? Those obsessed with it are the ones debating against what the guy freely admitted. Do you think that 'White Privelege' exists?

How could I debunk the guy's sense of "white guilt". He is making assumptions based on it.

As to "white privilege" - sure, a white will probably be more educated, less likely to have a record, have a better work ethic, and so on. It is not the fault of of the person bringing less to the workplace. As I have posted before, I consider them, in many cases,  victims of the "war on poverty" and other such efforts to help but which have failed miserably. So those realities can be called "white privilege" if it makes you happy.

That’s historically inaccurate. 

So true, Manic.  Just ask Steve King.....

What does he have to do with this topic?? And what has he to do with something being historically inaccurate?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 58

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

As to "white privilege" of course, the poster demonstrates they have no idea what "white privilege" means as illustrated by the following racist comment " The poster knows it's just a way for people feel good about themselves because they are willing to do mea culpas while looking down on others - sure, a white will probably be more educated, less likely to have a record, have a better work ethic, and so on." nothing racist in that (if one considers the context)

It is not the fault of of the person bringing less to the workplace. Yet, sometimes it is. O.K.  As I have posted before, I consider them, "them"?  "Them"?  Does this include whites in WVa and other area's?  Are they part of "them"??? it refers to those under discussion.

in many cases,  victims of the "war on poverty" and other such efforts to help but which have failed miserably. So those realities can be called "white privilege" if it makes you happy.  Again, why do some continually demonstrate they have no idea what the term means? But you can learn, just read and try to understand the wisdom I offer.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 58

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Why would it bother anyone that this "ole white man" admits to and explains how he was a recipient of white privilege and points out implicit racism in our culture? It is known that racists are often bothered by someone pointing out racism. Perhaps there are other reason?

That's a good point - why is it even a topic? What is with this obsession with "white guilt"?

Can you debunk anything the guy stated? Those obsessed with it are the ones debating against what the guy freely admitted. Do you think that 'White Privelege' exists?

How could I debunk the guy's sense of "white guilt". He is making assumptions based on it.

As to "white privilege" - sure, a white will probably be more educated, less likely to have a record, have a better work ethic, and so on. It is not the fault of of the person bringing less to the workplace. As I have posted before, I consider them, in many cases,  victims of the "war on poverty" and other such efforts to help but which have failed miserably. So those realities can be called "white privilege" if it makes you happy.

That’s historically inaccurate. 

So true, Manic.  Just ask Steve King.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 58

@rk9152 wrote:

As to "white privilege" of course, the poster demonstrates they have no idea what "white privilege" means as illustrated by the following racist comment "- sure, a white will probably be more educated, less likely to have a record, have a better work ethic, and so on."

It is not the fault of of the person bringing less to the workplace. Yet, sometimes it is.  As I have posted before, I consider them, "them"?  "Them"?  Does this include whites in WVa and other area's?  Are they part of "them"???

in many cases,  victims of the "war on poverty" and other such efforts to help but which have failed miserably. So those realities can be called "white privilege" if it makes you happy.  Again, why do some continually demonstrate they have no idea what the term means?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 58

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Marines are a department of the Navy, the men's department.

Hypocrisy.....calling others sexist when nothing sexist is said, or posted.  But when one clearly makes a sexist comment in their signature, it's ignored.  Oh the tribal crap here by some......

There are over 53,000 women in the Navy today....I doubt many are shopping for a jock-strap.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 58

@ManicProgressive wrote: 

“The heartbeat of racism is denial.”  Ibram X. Kendi 

As evidenced by:

Image result for see no evil

The only thing missing is the hoods....

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 58

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Racism is best viewed by the act of voting. Hardly.  I've never witnessed racism at a poll, though I have seen some claim Black Panthers opening the door for voters as "racist"....but only on Fox.  That's a private act with public results. If racism is your boogie man, do you just stay scared? No, point it out and call it for what it is and then watch racists attack those who call it out or defend the racist act.  or overcome your fear?  Not sure I've noted "fear", though we see great reason to fear racists....to wit, it wasn't someone who embraced equality who drove a car into a crowd in Charlottesville.

If you're looking for social nirvana then ask yourself these questions... Is the Constitution "social nirvana?  A pipe dream?  Or does it apply to ALL American people?  Do you want to escape racism? or be in a place where it doesn't exist? I want people to support the Constitution just as they claim.  How about you?  The first thing you have to do exorcise your racism out of your head.  So we can act like it doesn't exist?  LOL!!!

Who better to notice racism than a racist? Or a former racist, or one raised in a racist environment, or one who has witnessed it first hand.  Who better to deny racism exists, or whether a racist act is indeed racist, or attack someone who calls out racist acts, then an active active racists who embraces their beliefs and supports a racist President?  They know what it looks like and they know what it feels like. Agreed.  However not all whistles are dog whistles. Did anyone suggest otherwise?

It's like that wall Trump was talking about early in his business years. Or, more like his racist full page ad he took out in the NY Times attacking 5 men of color who were falsely accused of gang rape.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 58

@Soosie wrote:
I keep wondering why some would spend so much time hunting racism.  As I wonder why some defend it so much.  Why is that?   That seems counter-productive. Not really.....do issues go away simply because some prefer to ignore it?  How's that worked out for us?  Many believe it's worse than ever.  Does it mean I should go to my black friends and tell them there is so much racism in our country that we must part ways?  Given that,  Poll: Americans are twice as likely to say racism is a “big problem” compared to 6 years ago is that your solution to the problem?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 58

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Just pointing out that believing that someone has certain traits like "better work ethic" because of their race perfectly fits the dictionary definition of racism.

Exactly.

Exactly wrong, no one said that. Well, except for the poster who made it up to insult another poster.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 58

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Just pointing out that believing that someone has certain traits like "better work ethic" because of their race perfectly fits the dictionary definition of racism.

Exactly.

Kudos
Views