Keep yourself safe from scams with AARP’s free, two-part webinar Feb. 5 and Feb. 7. Sign up today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: An Ole White Man "GETS" White Priviledge NFL Style

Message 41 of 58

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
I keep wondering why some would spend so much time hunting racism. That seems counter-productive. Does it mean I should go to my black friends and tell them there is so much racism in our country that we must part ways?

Seems GOPers are so determined to pretend exposing racism makes one a racist they think they should abandon their non-white friends if THEY expose racism. No wonder they have to listen to Fox to avoid cognitive dissonance

What GOPers feel that way??

You might want to rethink your last statement. Sometimes just putting out buzz words or phrases doesn't hack it.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 58

@ManicProgressive wrote:

New book recommendation for those who think racism isn’t alive and well. 

Waking Up White, and Finding Myself in the Story of Race https://www.amazon.com/dp/0991331303/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_JCwoCbY6YJQJ3

A woman who has made a career out of seeing the racism of others. A perfect read for those who get off on white guilt.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 58

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

So a Progressive uses his access to the microphone to rant about perceived racism - it seems there are some who spend their day and nights (and posts) obsessing about such issues.

Maybe we should have a federally controlled quota system for NFL coaches.

Then we could have one for the NBA - wouldn't that be dandy.

The guy tells the truth, gives valid examples of white privilege going on in the NFL and admits that he himself enjoyed white privilege, bravo for him  Then of course a conservative twists it to mean something else. Nothing new.

Yep, three mea culpas and he shows how much better than other people he is.

What do you see as a solution - quotas?

The "conservative twist" is looking at things practically. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 58

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

So a Progressive  uses his access to the microphone to rant about perceived racism - nope, "white privilege".  nope, racism it seems there are some who spend their day and nights (and posts) obsessing about such issues.  Yep, racism and white privilege are indeed social ill's and some can only attack those who have differing opinions while others dream of seeing change. an obsession, none the less. I suspect it helps some with inferiority complexes to see themselves as "better" than those who do not sufficiently "care"

Maybe we should have a federally controlled quota system for NFL coaches.  Why?  Is that your only solution?  A government program???  What a Liberal!!! I agree, the government has no place in it. So, what is the solution - those who "care" shame others into thinking their way?

Then we could have one for the NBA - wouldn't that be dandy.  Why?  The are plenty of black coaches in the NBA and not much "White privilege." to correct a racial imbalance. Or does that (like so much of the racism of the left) only work one way?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 58

@nctarheel wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
I keep wondering why some would spend so much time hunting racism. That seems counter-productive. Does it mean I should go to my black friends and tell them there is so much racism in our country that we must part ways?

Why do you feel "people hunt racism"?

Do you feel that our society is now free of racial bias?

People who don’t think it’s important, or worse, who don’t think it exists, are desperate to hold on to the safety and advantage of being white. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 58

@Soosie wrote:

Why do you feel "people hunt racism"?

Do you feel that our society is now free of racial bias?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 58

@rk9152 wrote:

So a Progressive uses his access to the microphone to rant about perceived racism - it seems there are some who spend their day and nights (and posts) obsessing about such issues.

Maybe we should have a federally controlled quota system for NFL coaches.

Then we could have one for the NBA - wouldn't that be dandy.

I am not sure about the point you are trying to make about the NBA.

Since the thesis of the thread is about Black Men and Women in positions of power such as coaching in our professional sports, if you are trying to say there's a bunch of BLACK COACHES in the NBA, you would once again, be wrong.

The NBA, made up of 75% BLACK PLAYERS, has only 8 BLACK COACHES. That means only 27% of the teams have BLACK COACHES.

Worse yet, there is only one BLACK owner.

White privilege is clearly at work in the NBA also.

Maybe you'd like to try ICE HOCKEY next????

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 58

@Soosie wrote:

Seems GOPers are so determined to pretend exposing racism makes one a racist they think they should abandon their non-white friends if THEY expose racism. No wonder they have to listen to Fox to avoid cognitive dissonance

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 58

Racism is best viewed by the act of voting. That's a private act with public results. If racism is your boogie man, do you just stay scared? or overcome your fear?

If you're looking for social nirvana then ask yourself these questions... Do you want to escape racism? or be in a place where it doesn't exist? The first thing you have to do exorcise your racism out of your head.

Who better to notice racism than a racist? They know what it looks like and they know what it feels like. However not all whistles are dog whistles. 

It's like that wall Trump was talking about early in his business years. 

Marines are a department of the Navy, the men's department.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 58
Kudos
Views