Amy Klobuchar - She Might Be the Best Candidate

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Amy Klobuchar - She Might Be the Best Candidate

Message 11 of 14

My only problem with Yang is the VAT is the most REGRESSIVE of all taxes as it never touches 70% of the income of the top 1% while hitting 100% of the income of the bottom 80%.

Just repeal the Reagan taxscam, end the capital gains advantage for everything EXCEPT IPO's and Capitalization Issues used to finance job expansion in the USA.

That would provide all the money needed for Yang's guarenteed income, universal health care and free public education k - PhD/MD.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 14

Amy and Mayor Pete look great, but Joe can beat tRump like a drum and has coattails that should win back the Senate so something will be done to undo the disaster that is tRump. Amy would be a great VP who could run in 2024 IF Jimmy Carter is correct about the top job being too much for an octagenerian.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 14

I'm supporting Warren, Sanders, and Yang at this time.  Yang is actually impressive if you listen to him. I like the idea of a VAT tax used to fund UBI. Basically it's trickle up economics, use the power of government to put money directly into the pockets of all consumers above the age of eighteen years. Let people take UBI and find their own solutions to the problems that affect them where they live, housing, changing industries, depressed state economies, small business growth. It's transportable, it's flexible, if the rust belt doesn't have jobs for you pick up and move, or stay there and do something different. 

It's kind of  like of  the embedded  liberal economics of the 21st century and it puts us in line with the rest of the world as far as economic policy goes.

At the conclusion of WWII at the Bretton Woods Conference Keynes proposed a International  Clearing Union  to balance trade. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Clearing_Union

I think we should revisit that idea in the context of 21st century trade disputes and abuses of the power of the US reserve currency. The US dollar won't be the reserve currency forever, it probably won't be the reserve currency at the end of the 21st century. I think Americans should head that off if they can.

Far as I know Yang is the only one that proposes a VAT tax to fund social programs.

A lot of think tanks pick that idea, and the ideas of Sanders and Warren,  apart,  at the same time they refuse to address the unfunded liabilities of the current system. Generally the criticism is the numbers don't up, OK, well the numbers don't add up now

The conclusion will be, regardless of who we vote for, the current path we are on is unsustainable , we are going to have to raise taxes, cut spending, or do both

Yang might be a dark horse this cycle, I think he's worth paying attention to, and you know he's below seventy years old ( 44 ). 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Message 14 of 14

I am so impressed with Amy Klobuchar. If you're like me, an independent, mainstream voter, she's someone who could easily win the rust belt states and possibly some of the purple states around the country.  Right now, she's my number one choice.

I thought Amy Klobuchar and Mayor Pete were terrific last night. But despite his demeanor and mainstream thinking,  Mayor Pete has issues which could prevent him from beating Trump. 

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors