Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Amy Klobuchar NH Townhall - CNN

Message 1 of 6

@oceanedge2 wrote:

Gail, I think you forgot your link to help answer the questions you ask.

it will be interesting to watch and listen to these Democratic Hopefuls and see if, where or how much they might change closer to the actual beginning of the ballot.

I think it's safe to say they know where they stand and may make some changes . . . . Getting lost while desperately trying to determine who will believe anything they say at all.

I didn't post anything that needed a link - those that watched it, developed an opinion.  Those that might watch a rerun will do the same.  As afisher often says, look it up - easy to do on whatever video type / channel selection which one uses.  On the TV Board, we often discuss programs with no link because the conversation is initially directed to those who watched it or they are driven to watch it.

This conversation has nothing to do with our current President.  It is about the 1st Democratic hopeful that has taken a more centrist stance, at least IMO.  Politicians are often rather liquid - they sometimes go where the wind blows (public opinion / poll numbers, etc).  Not so much changing parties but moving one way or the other on the political spectrum.

That is why I really wanted some feedback from the "horses mouth" - those in Minnesota or those close to her in Washngton who have experienced her particular style - is she a chameleon or do we get pretty much who she really is?

My take from her answers at the 1-hour CNN Townhall in Manchester, NH was that she was either a Democratic Centrist, pragmatic or making herself out to be one - because she thinks that is the best place to be in this rather crowded running or because of where the Townhall was taking place.

NO extreme left - progressive stances on gun control, health care system reform,  taxes, immigration, higher education payment system, etc.

And then shortly after it was over, I heard the news that ole faithful "Independent", Bernie Sanders, had once again thrown his hat into the ring as a DEMOCRAT".

I guess a lot of this will be somewhat clarified once the DNC establishes their platform in 2020 - where on the political spectrum will that land?  Guess that will be in about a year.

And in the meantime, we have a very divided government and it is difficult to get anything done for those things that are so divisive.

But there are things that do have bipartisan support - even bipartisan support and Presidential support, so maybe everything is not lost.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

It’s not that we need more votes. We need more votes in specific states.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

For the Democrat voters, the most important thing todah is electibility being able to beat Trump.

Democrat voters should remember that they need more votes  than just Democrats. they need Independents, and disenchanted Republicans that are not Trump followers.

Therefore, like I have stated, the Democratic Party need to have centrists candidates that will beat Trump are middle of the road in policies and are able to stand up to Trump.

I don't know her, or her policies, but if she is that centrist, then in my book, she has more of a chance of being the winner in the 2020 elections.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

I liked her. And she had not previously been on my radar. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

Gail, I think you forgot your link to help answer the questions you ask.

it will be interesting to watch and listen to these Democratic Hopefuls and see if, where or how much they might change closer to the actual beginning of the ballot.

I think it's safe to say they know where they stand and may make some changes but, it is extremely unlikely they will be doing the following.  Getting lost while desperately trying to determine who will believe anything they say at all.

In August 2001, Trump changed his party affiliation to Democratic.

In September 2009, Trump changed his party affiliation back to the Republican Party.

In December 2011, Trump changed to "no party affiliation" (independent).

In April 2012, Trump again returned to the Republican Party.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Donald_Trump

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Amy Klobuchar NH Townhall - CNN

Message 6 of 6

She is more of a "Centrist " than I thought.  Or maybe this is just the way she is separating herself from the pact,

Think she was just playing to this Cwnrist crowd in Manchester, NH ?

What did you think of her positions on the vast topic questions asked ?

Those of you from Minnesota,  is she a centrist?  You have know her longer and perhaps better.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.