Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Americans first

Message 21 of 28
The only way we can get rid of the bum is as you said to VOTE!!!! His party won't do it, and Russia is doing everything it can to help him, and they have gerry mandering and voting suppression on their side, so it is up to US!!!!!! Got my primary ballot today here in Wash. State!!!! WE need to take the country back from the thugs and bum and corruption currently running it!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 28

Critical... you are right on target .. frightening, outrageous, and unacceptable.  We all need to recognize our enemy and do something about it.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 28

I so agree William.  We're in one of the scariest times in our history.  Back in the 70's I participated in the Marches on Washington.   I was NOT against our brave men (at the time a male only army) s, but I was FOR bringing our sons home.  Is that where we are again now?  Do we need to march on Washington?  Do we need to have demonstrations?  Maybe so.  I believe in our youth, that they still posses the values that has made this country great.  That they have the fortitude and energy to take up the banner.  In the mean time, we as seniors are one of the biggest voting blocks in the country.  We also need to take a stand and make our wishes known.  On line, in our neighborhoods, with our representatives,  and in our social contacts.  America needs to WAKE UP and acknowledge what is going on.  Recognize our enemies and do something about it.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Americans first

Message 24 of 28

The Trump Cult does what every cult does. It makes protecting their Supreme Leader their number one priority. Anyone who threatens, criticizes, or disagrees with the Supreme Leader becomes an enemy of the cult. 

Therefore, the cruelest joke going is Trump's "America First" slogan. The realtiy is, it is TRUMP FIRST, not America first. When Russia attacks our election system, Trump's Cult members are fine with that or they pretend it isn't happening. They do this despite every U.S. Intelligence Agency stating it happened. Facts mean nothing in a cult.

When the head of National Intelligence advises the House Judiciary Committee that Russia is currently attacking our 2020 election system, the president fires him and replaces him with one of his flunkies. These are very dangerous times for America's national security. 

Don't expect any solutions from Trump World, which never places America First.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 28

@williamb39198 wrote:

@janicel633 

Very nicely said. All of which I agree with.  I also agree with Janice wholeheartedly.

Yes, voting is an answer. But, trump is accelerating the breakdown of our government, and will we make it to the election, or will he try to cancel the elections?...and how can we prevent that. 

I'm not putting much faith in any poll from now to the election because I believe there are millions of Republicans who will quietly vote for the Democratic nominee.  My fears are as you stated above William.  rump will do everything legal and illegal to cancel the election and if it goes forward he will deny-discredit-distract from the results telling him to vacate the WH and then there is going to be the Constitutional crises we had never imagined possible.  My hope is that there are preparations being made this minute to counter his known ways of creating chaos.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 28

@janicel633 wrote:

No parties…Americans

As I watch the news each day I grow more and more distressed at what’s happening to our country and our beliefs as to what it means to be an American.

We have an immoral and fracturing President who in turn is putting unqualified puppets into important positions only to serve his own agenda.  We are faced with issues that we have not seen before, nor having to witness the blatant abuse of power that the current administration displays.  Does it matter if we are Republicans or Democrats when faced with the problems and direction our government is taking?  I say we must be Americans first and as Americans we need to speak out and let our voices be heard. 

One voice yelling is nothing.   Hundreds of Thousands of voices speaking is a sound no one can ignore.

We can do that by exercising our right to VOTE.  It is imperative that everyone step forward and vote.  Let’s band together and help heal our country.  Let’s remove the thorn in the heart of America,  Donald Trump.

Excellent post Janice!

Trump is truly the epitome of evil and exemplifies all that is wrong with our country and humanity.

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 28

@janicel633 

Very nicely said. All of which I agree with. We are in a new and weird moment of time. 
What I do try to understand, we are trying to oppose trump by using our legal system of laws and traditions. What I am put off by, is that trump is stomping all over our system of laws, and breaking all of our traditions.

Yes, voting is an answer. But, trump is accelerating the breakdown of our government, and will we make it to the election, or will he try to cancel the elections?...and how can we prevent that. 

We must stay strong, stay united, and continue to oppose. Keep speaking up to support Our Country!

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Americans first

Message 28 of 28

No parties…Americans

As I watch the news each day I grow more and more distressed at what’s happening to our country and our beliefs as to what it means to be an American.

We have an immoral and fracturing President who in turn is putting unqualified puppets into important positions only to serve his own agenda.  We are faced with issues that we have not seen before, nor having to witness the blatant abuse of power that the current administration displays.  Does it matter if we are Republicans or Democrats when faced with the problems and direction our government is taking?  I say we must be Americans first and as Americans we need to speak out and let our voices be heard. 

One voice yelling is nothing.   Hundreds of Thousands of voices speaking is a sound no one can ignore.

We can do that by exercising our right to VOTE.  It is imperative that everyone step forward and vote.  Let’s band together and help heal our country.  Let’s remove the thorn in the heart of America,  Donald Trump.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors