Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Americans abandoning High-tax States

Message 1 of 20

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

After the inequities of the tax cuts, and some deductions were taken away, there does seem to be that there was republican retaliation and penalizing those who lived in blue states!...who are not as enthusiastic about elected repubs! ...wonder why!

trump is incompetent and lied about the tax cuts

A strange way of looking at things, "I don't like your politics so I'll fix ya - i'm gonna cut your taxes".

You may need to brush up on your tax law before joining this conversation. When Trump reduced the amounts  that can be deducted from federal tax returns to target the state tax structures of "blue" states he increased the total tax bill for individuals in those states.  

But, who is it getting all that money out of the accomplished - certainly not Trump, it is the blue cities and States.

You had claimed it was going to cut taxes when, in  fact, the federal tax bill increases only because of the Trump actions. The blue states and cities made no changes.  Simply lowering the percentge while increasing the total Federal tax bill is classic bait and switch. Once again, fake news from the right. 

One day it's "hate the rich, redistribute their money" and the next day it is, "Nasty Ol' Trump is taking money from the rich". 

A bit of inconsistency there.

BTW - you can't say the blue cities and States did nothing, it is their high taxes that is the topic.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 20

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

After the inequities of the tax cuts, and some deductions were taken away, there does seem to be that there was republican retaliation and penalizing those who lived in blue states!...who are not as enthusiastic about elected repubs! ...wonder why!

A strange way of looking at things, "I don't like your politics so I'll fix ya - i'm gonna cut your taxes".

You may need to brush up on your tax law before joining this conversation. When Trump reduced the amounts  that can be deducted from federal tax returns to target the state tax structures of "blue" states he increased the total tax bill for individuals in those states.  

But, who is it getting all that money out of the accomplished - certainly not Trump, it is the blue cities and States.

You had claimed it was going to cut taxes when, in  fact, the federal tax bill increases only because of the Trump actions. The blue states and cities made no changes.  Simply lowering the percentge while increasing the total Federal tax bill is classic bait and switch. Once again, fake news from the right. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 20

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 20

"Americans Abandoning High Tax State"

We have a right wing poster here who numerous times has attacked and criticized those who he perceives to be left-wing posters of choosing a disingenuous title for their topics.

Where is he/she in reference to the title of this topic !  (you know who you are, you never reply to my postings)

This topic is actually about people moving south mostly for their retirement years.

BOGUS !!!

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 20

@rk9152 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 20

@williamb39198 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING 

And my point is proven...teach them a lesson?

I think you missed the point (intentionally??) it was when they run out of money, not because of federal tax cuts but because of the more productive citizens leaving (the topic).
But then, you knew that didn't you? Just a little one line game playing, right??

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 20

@williamb39198 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 20

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Then we can consider what a wonderful place those Red States are to live - lowest wages, no workplace safety enforcement and even less environmental protection so you can get blown to bits by the unregulated chemical plant that moves into your neighborhood or survive the explosions and die slowly from what they do the the air and water.

Or you could pick Yertle McConnell's home State and enjoy raising your family amid the highest incidence of child abuse in the Nation, or save on taxes and retire where the elder care is the worst in the Nation or begin your career where the schools are at the very bottom and so is the income of their graduates.

Republicans think there's no connection between paying taxes and having a higher standard of living, but that's because they were educated in those "low tax" havens of stupidity

I live in a low tax State, the EPA provides the same workplace safety as they do anywhere. Salaries are lower as is the cost of living so it is a wash. I have seen no chemical plant down the street regulated or otherwise. I know no one named "Yertle" so you will have to be more specific as to where all that child abuse is taking place and, while you're at it, you might want to explain the connection you see between taxes and child abuse. Elder care is fabulous here. And, as to ignorance, after my previous I checked with the local school and found that they do teach the kids how to spell spell "dumber" and "decision" - so there ya go.

I understand that you learned from your political Goddess that we here are just deplorables and country bumpkins - but trust me, life is good.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 20

Let's not forget that Trump's capping of deductions for local taxes, especially real estate taxes, on federal income taxes, shifted tax burdens to those who most deserve it.

I remember news stories about local whiners when it happened.  Now, those whiners are refugees from the situations that they created.

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 20

Perhaps some want the power to teach others lessons, instead of working with others for improvement for all. 

Retaliation or cooperation?

Kudos
Views