Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Americans Have No Idea How Few Gay People There Are

Message 1 of 17

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

The running estimate has always been 10% of the population was gay or bisexual. 

Frankly, I don't really care. If this is another right wing argument on why they should be allowed to discriminated against a group of people, regardless of the underlying reason, I would say they are wrong.  

Why are they trying so hard to find a group against which they can discriminate?

What discrimination do you see in this topic?

I guess I just assumed considering it was coming from the Right. You are saying that the topic is just a discussion of how we really can't tell if someone is gay and what difference does it make anyway? 

Sounds like you are admitting to discrimination while seeing discrimination in the topic.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 17

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Why are extreme right wingers so hung up on and preoccupied with gays? Hmmmmm ...... 

You seem to have missed the point (intentionally?). The issue isn't gay vs straight - it is the disproportionate propagation of "gayness" in the entertainment industry.

So what's the difference? Why be concerned? Homophobia?

Just responding to baiting stuff like, "Why are extreme right wingers so hung up on and preoccupied with gays? Hmmmmm ...... ".

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 17

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Frankly, I don't really care. If this is another right wing argument on why they should be allowed to discriminated against a group of people, regardless of the underlying reason, I would say they are wrong.  

Why are they trying so hard to find a group against which they can discriminate?

I guess I just assumed considering it was coming from the Right. You are saying that the topic is just a discussion of how we really can't tell if someone is gay and what difference does it make anyway? 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 17

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Why are extreme right wingers so hung up on and preoccupied with gays? Hmmmmm ...... 

You seem to have missed the point (intentionally?). The issue isn't gay vs straight - it is the disproportionate propagation of "gayness" in the entertainment industry.

So what's the difference? Why be concerned? Homophobia?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 17

@Richva wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 17

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 17

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 17

@gruffstuff wrote:

Kids know what their sexual orientation is, unless they live under oppressive parents who tell them any deviation from the norm is a sin.  

The only brainwashing that occurs comes from parents who try to control their kids’ sexual identity, for religious or any other reasons.

I tend to agree with that, I also think that sexual orientation might be a spectrum rather then a balancing point like the fulcrum of a seesaw.

That would explain some behaviour, like segments of a prison population that are " gay for the stay".

If anything I would think concluding 5% of the US population is LGBTQ is understated. 

I agree. I also believe there is a spectrum. 

And this is anecdotal only, but all my gay and transgender friends knew as a child what their sexuality was. Even my bi friends had a distinct preference at a young age. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 17

Kids know what their sexual orientation is, unless they live under oppressive parents who tell them any deviation from the norm is a sin.  

The only brainwashing that occurs comes from parents who try to control their kids’ sexual identity, for religious or any other reasons.

I tend to agree with that, I also think that sexual orientation might be a spectrum rather then a balancing point like the fulcrum of a seesaw.

That would explain some behaviour, like segments of a prison population that are " gay for the stay".

If anything I would think concluding 5% of the US population is LGBTQ is understated. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 17

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors