Honored Social Butterfly

American Academy of Pediatrics ​

https://www.aap.org/en-us/about-the-aap/aap-press-room/Pages/SenateHealthCareBill.aspx

AAP Statement Opposing Senate Health Care Bill

​​"The U.S. Senate's health care legislation, at last unveiled today, fails to meet children's needs.

"The bill fails children by dismantling the Medicaid program, capping its funding, ending its expansion and allowing its benefits to be scaled back. The bill fails all children by leaving more families uninsured, or without insurance they can afford or that meets their basic needs. This bill fails children living in or near poverty, children in foster care and children with complex health care needs whose parents have private insurance – all of these children depend on Medicaid, and if this bill passes, Medicaid will no longer be there for them.

Evidently those children are expendable as far as the GOP is concerned. I mean how else can tax cuts for the top 1% be paid for?

Got to keep your priorities straight.

Honored Social Butterfly

Image result for image jesus the good shepherdhttp://www.soulshepherding.org/2011/07/psalm-23-pictures-to-pray/

Jesus was wrong all along?  I don't think so.

Honored Social Butterfly

OC2-- Perhaps you should send your post to Paul Ryan, Ted Cruz, and other Republican representatives who are masquerading as Christians.

Afisher- I see no reason to cross out the word idiot, apparently there's always an idiot, like all who support this bill. 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Honored Social Butterfly

This truly the GOP platform? 

Kick people (many who are kids) off health insurance, Medicaid, and welfare. But don't let them get a better minimum wage. It's like they just want to torture people to death.

Honored Social Butterfly

One of my idiot Republican senators  says but it is all ok...afterall spending increases overtime...but makes zero guarantee that it will actually increase enough to provide affordable healthcare to those who are dependent on Medicaid.

That is the same nonsense that Corporations try to sell:   everyone is going to receive a 5% pay increase.    Who benefits, those who make $15/hour or those that make $60/hr.      Selling a soundbite is the GOP gameplan...and it is demands that people not think.   They have peeps that fit that category.    

Midwest towns are doing the math:   http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/06/26/533973916/after-decline-of-steel-and-coal-ohio-f...

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

GS--Well gee whiz, gruff--what the heck?  This bill hurts children??  Are you trying to tell me that they didn't take care of themselves?

didn't work hard enough? 

didn't save enough? 

Well, darned, they probably deserve to suffer and die, after all, it's the Republican way.

More proof that the Republican rhetoric with regard to overall health is bogus, ridiculous, and, for many, LETHAL.

One can only hope that every Repub. who voted for this bill, and everyone who supports it, becomes ill, suffers, and is unable to afford the care needed. 

Not heartless--just returning the compassion on the same level as the repugnants.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Honored Social Butterfly
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png