Can blue light from your phone cause vision problems? Find out and learn more about your vision in the AARP Eye Center.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: America Jumps the Shark

Message 1 of 10

@pc6063 wrote:

afisher--During the Obama presidency, the Republicans obstructed him at every turn, stopping much good that Mr. Obama ventured to do for the American people until he finally turned to EOs.  Now a "so called Republican" president is in office, and the Republican party is so splintered that they continue to obstruct, only this time they are obstructing themselves.  This is great for Americans, as it seems that when the Republicans do accomplish anything, it is bad for this country. 

You mention genocide, and, yes, that seems to be the plan, as the Republicans, when they manage to accomplish something, take direct aim at all who are poor or middle class, threatening health care, overall health, and economic security.  There is much talk here about terrorist attacks after this last episode in London, but I see the biggest threat to this country as trump and the Republican party.

You too, shed your hatred and be patient. Four years isn't all that long to wait for the longed for Marxism, is it?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

@afisher wrote:

Donald supporters - "but what is your plan"....that is deflection from the well documented information that GOP have accomplished very little since taking over complete control of Federal Government.   

GOP Generational Genocide will assist the Dems, because one end of that genocide is Donald's voter base, but in his bubble, he fails to recognize that killing off supporters is not a good thing.  

If you believe that relax, smell the roses and shed your hatred. In four years the march of the neoMarxists will resume - assuming they can come with a better candidate than they did last time.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

afisher--During the Obama presidency, the Republicans obstructed him at every turn, stopping much good that Mr. Obama ventured to do for the American people until he finally turned to EOs.  Now a "so called Republican" president is in office, and the Republican party is so splintered that they continue to obstruct, only this time they are obstructing themselves.  This is great for Americans, as it seems that when the Republicans do accomplish anything, it is bad for this country. 

You mention genocide, and, yes, that seems to be the plan, as the Republicans, when they manage to accomplish something, take direct aim at all who are poor or middle class, threatening health care, overall health, and economic security.  There is much talk here about terrorist attacks after this last episode in London, but I see the biggest threat to this country as trump and the Republican party.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

Donald supporters - "but what is your plan"....that is deflection from the well documented information that GOP have accomplished very little since taking over complete control of Federal Government.   

GOP Generational Genocide will assist the Dems, because one end of that genocide is Donald's voter base, but in his bubble, he fails to recognize that killing off supporters is not a good thing.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

A basic Progressive response - insult but no alternate opinion, no details.

And, naturally, kudoed.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

Spoken like a true alternative reality media consumer.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

@Richva wrote:

The old television show "Happy Days" was losing ratings after many years and tried different things to catch the viewers' attention.  Finally, they had an episode where Fonzie, in leather jacket, went water skiiing and accidentally used a great white shark as a ski ramp.  This level of silliness was taken as the real point in time where Happy Days began its slide to oblivion. From then on the term "Jumping the Shark" was taken to mean the moment in time something had lost its impact. 

America has jumped the shark and is sliding toward second rate status. 

• We have turned out back on science and declared coal as our future energy source. 
  • Not true. We are committed to an integrated energy system.
  • Our word is no longer our bond.
  • Our word is our bond. Candidate Trump promised to not participate in this terrible agreement. President Trump kept his word.
  • We cannot be trusted with secret information. 
  • Well, that is true. Between the "deep government, the "Resistance" and the MSM, normal security has been a problem.
  • We cannot staff our government.
  • Being we now have for the first time just about a non-career pol as President, who is to say what "staffing" is. And, of course resistance of the "Resistance" isn't helping.
  • Our infrastructure is crumbling.
  • True, it needs work. You may recall Obama joking that those "shovel ready jobs weren't all that "shovel ready" - but the near trillion dollars did go someplace.
  • Our healthcare system is in chaos.
  • You're right. The disaster of Obamacare has created a challenging situation.
  • We appear to be colluding with the enemies of our allies. 
  • Well, "colluding" - I believe there are some investigations about that. Have you heard results. And I believe the "colluding" was before the elections - what are they "colluding" about now??
  • We no longer are willing to lead.
  • Quite the opposite. In fact that seems to be a big complaint from the left - President Trump will not yield to the globalists.

I, for one, will miss the prominence of American.  I weep for it.

Keep a happy face. Even though it is an offensive term to the left, President Trump does believe in "America First" as do I and based on your words, as do you. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

Richva--,I like you, mourn the loss of status, pride, security, trust,  and honor that trump has stolen from this country.  Indeed, trump has turned this country into a pathetic sitcom, often creating situations much more far fetched than when Fonzie "jumped the shark."  I worry, not only about the immediate future of America, but her future, and, thus, the future of forthcoming generations.  It is still shocking to me that trump was ever taken seriously, and each day my shock increases as he systematically destroys America.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10

@Richva wrote:

The old television show "Happy Days" was losing ratings after many years and tried different things to catch the viewers' attention.  Finally, they had an episode where Fonzie, in leather jacket, went water skiiing and accidentally used a great white shark as a ski ramp.  This level of silliness was taken as the real point in time where Happy Days began its slide to oblivion. From then on the term "Jumping the Shark" was taken to mean the moment in time something had lost its impact. 

• We have turned out back on science and declared coal as our future energy source. 

And yet a significant minority of Americans approve of what he is doing. No wonder the world is laughing.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

America Jumps the Shark

Message 10 of 10

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors