Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Alt-right

Message 31 of 100

myexper - did you have a question for me??

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 100

@gruffstuff wrote:

Was there anything in the material offered that you particularly disagreed with or agreed with.

Well I only watched like 30 seconds of the Nazi propaganda before I felt like my IQ was being lowered, so I had to stop.

Calling these Nazis the Alt Right is like calling the torture of prisoners at GITMO, in Afghanistan, and Iraq enhanced interrogation.

See for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o6-bi3jlxk

Notice the Seig Heil for Trump?

What do you think that means?

Seig Heil was a common chant at Nazi political rallies in Nazi Germany,  a common greetings between Nazis then, a common chant at Nazi political rallies now, and a common greeting between Nazis now.

So don't try to dress up Nazis with a tube of Alt-Right lipstick, they're still just Nazi pigs.

You're right, that was disgusting.

Now, back to the topic - did you view the films describing the "alt-right"?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 100

Are you implying that I should desire and eagerly consent to have "sophisticated and intelligent discussions" with those I consider to be criminally dishonest and thoroughly unpatriotic white trash who do not have the nation's best interests and long term healthy survival at heart?

Is that me???

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 100

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Sadly, that reflects an inability or an unwillingness to think of something new or different - and that is sad.

There is nothing "new or different" about Nazis or White Suprmacists. And thinking so is indeed "sad".

Please read before commenting. No one said there was anything new or different about those folks. Such diversions only distract from the discussion.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 100

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

BTW - no one is trying to defend and/or justify anything.

Then let it go.

Let what go? Shall we drop the term "alt-right"? That is, after all, the topic. Adults are able to discuss things without any need for "justification".

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 100

@MIseker wrote:
nice films. I happen to agree with WIKI. We are back to the so called protest in charlottesville over removal of confederate statues. Were members of the alt right marching at UVA promoting peace and understanding? or were THEY the unruly mob promoting hate with their slogans? Any group is defined by its members and their actions. The members of the alt right showed us all what they are about. or do you think these people were an abheration of the true meaning of the alt right? was that friday night mob NOT indicitave of your views on the alt right? Im sure in your education on mobs you have read about Crystalnacht? You confuse ( intentionally ) Black Bloc with our home grown antifa. SInce you are so strongly opposed to ANTI FASCISM..what do you expect us to think of your proclivities? you hide behind the constitution and free speech and subtley proclaim support for the extremely unconstitutional alt right, and oppose the antifa which in this instance supports the constitution.

Except for the costumes some wore, there was no telling who was who at Charlottesville. Yes I read about Kristallnacht - it was carried out by mobs very similar to the anarchists that you applaud. Clarification - I am not opposed to anti-fascism, I am opposed to the fascists of antifa. There is no rational way you can say that mobs in the street physically attacking people are supporting the Constitution.

But, back to the topic. Do you see where Spencer isn't opposed to people identifying with their roots no matter what they are? I grew up where we dank "cawfee". On St. Paddy's Day they painted the street lines green. On the designated day, streets were blocked off so those of Italian descent could carry their Saint statues in the parade. We had Puerto Rican day parades, etc. We were all Americans and Noo Yawkers but we all also enjoyed our heritage. Do you see anything wrong with that, including "White Pride" (Spencer's thing)?

Now, I will admit that Spencer does go off the deep end a bit and I do not consider myself a fan. But, it is pure hate and ignorance to bundle every fringe group out there under the title "alt-right" and even more so to include Conservatives and the President.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 100

Was there anything in the material offered that you particularly disagreed with or agreed with.

Well I only watched like 30 seconds of the Nazi propaganda before I felt like my IQ was being lowered, so I had to stop.

Calling these Nazis the Alt Right is like calling the torture of prisoners at GITMO, in Afghanistan, and Iraq enhanced interrogation.

See for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o6-bi3jlxk

Notice the Seig Heil for Trump?

What do you think that means?

Seig Heil was a common chant at Nazi political rallies in Nazi Germany,  a common greetings between Nazis then, a common chant at Nazi political rallies now, and a common greeting between Nazis now.

So don't try to dress up Nazis with a tube of Alt-Right lipstick, they're still just Nazi pigs.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 100

Duplicate 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 100

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Still have no idea as to Spencer's thinking, do you?

Yep - read some of his stuff - he's dead wrong.

Nothing to discuss about that.

O.K. then what has he written that is wrong? 

What about "dead wrong" do you fail to comprehend?

O.K. then, what has he written that is "dead wrong"??

I'm not going to dignify that abomination's irrational maunderings by mentioning any portion - nor for that matter what - IMO - is tacit approval of that racist bleep-bleeper...

No approval, tacit or otherwise, just a friendly discussion on an issue of the day.

One you apparently have no interest in beyond the "Trump sucks" level of sophistication and intelligent discussion.

Just as with the attempt to pass off the euphemistic lie - "reenactors" in descriptions of the activities of alt-right, white supremacists, Nazis and KKK and that entire spectrum of white trash garbage - is a euphemistic description of the members of the aforementioned groups, as well as trump "foolowers" and supporters as " only putatively human" a description of equal accuracy and veracity?

Are you implying that I should desire and eagerly consent to have "sophisticated and intelligent discussions" with those I consider to be criminally dishonest and thoroughly unpatriotic white trash who do not have the nation's best interests and long term healthy survival at heart?

The conservative right was completely in error - in the fifties "red scare" - in Vietnam - in Iraq - and in Afghanistan, and it continues to show no signs of being capable of learning from mistakes and no longer doing stupid things - after all - look at the utterly abominable quasi-humans they support...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 100

@rk9152 wrote:

Sadly, that reflects an inability or an unwillingness to think of something new or different - and that is sad.

There is nothing "new or different" about Nazis or White Suprmacists. And thinking so is indeed "sad".

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors