Take a look at aging around the world in 'A New Age,' a special report by AARP and Magnum Photos.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: All Out Class War

Message 1 of 9

snuggles939496: Why not everybody pay a flat tax. Then everybody will pay their fair share from their salary.

That's been pushed by the rich for a long time. Here's the downside:

"How would a flat tax affect low- and middle-income households? A flat tax would be much more regressive than the current income tax. For one thing, it’s unlikely to include the refundable tax credits (like the EITC and child credit) that augment the earnings of low earners. It’s not impossible to add refundable credits, but I’ve never seen them in a flat tax proposal. As a result, poor people will pay a larger share of their income than they do at present. Middle-income people will also pay more."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/leonardburman/2011/10/24/what-is-a-flat-tax-surprise-it-is-a-vat/#2c608...

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9
Why not everybody pay a flat tax. Then everybody will pay their fair share from their salary.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

@umbarch64 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

As Warren Buffet said - We have had class warfare for decades and my side is still winning.

Maybe it is time for the government to stop siding with those who don't need the help.

Solution, IMO, is to address the campaign financing issues.

An opinion I whole-heartedly agree with.  Get the money out of the election process, however that is done, and let the people really have their say.  It IS their government, after all.

We had an EXCELLENT chance to fix the process, but Hillary Haters thought Lemontop couldn't possibly be a worse choice, so now the solution is a generation away. thanks Hillary Haters, remember what thinking Republicans were not your enemy has done to you, and vote accordingly. Is it really possible you believed the Tax Code was not a major factor in how profits get divided? Did you never have one child divide the desert AND pick his/her share FIRST?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

Looks like after being raped for 30 years the Middle Class has finally decided to notice what's been done to them.

Unfortunatily fixing it will require the DO SOMETHING, like ending the Republican Majorities FOREVER, and making sure no neoRepublican EVER gets to appoint a justice of SCOTUS.

My question is why has it taken something as devistating to the 99% as the current Republican Tax scams for the 99% to notice they weren't getting any of the wealth they produced since 1980 but still elected Republicans?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

As Warren Buffet said - We have had class warfare for decades and my side is still winning.

Maybe it is time for the government to stop siding with those who don't need the help.

An opinion I whole-heartedly agree with.  Get the money out of the election process, however that is done, and let the people really have their say.  It IS their government, after all.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

@Snoopy48 wrote:

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

Tax benefits for large corporations have never been proven to help grow the economy; they only grow personal wealth for corporate executives. Trickle down does not work. What does work is everyone paying their fair share and reinvesting in growth and development. The wealthy have made their fortunes on the back of the American worker for far too long.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

All Out Class War

Message 9 of 9

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2017/11/17/all-out-class-war-gop-bill-cuts-taxes-private-jet-owner...

"Soaking broke-ass grad students to pay for a private jet subsidy. All-out class war on the 99 percent."

No question about it.

Kudos
Views
Replies