Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: All Democratic Candidates Boycott AIPAC

Message 1 of 7

According the RW nonsense, refusing to listen to or accept  PAC dollars  is no longer allowed and makes one anti-semetic.   Really, how does that work.     What if I turn away the Mormon boys who knock on my door or the JW ladies or NRA insurance salesfolks?    (Note to whiners:  just a different scale )

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

Looks like  there is a sea change in the attitude Americans hold about Israel's activities.  Refreshing.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

@gordyfl wrote:

I am sure they are greatly concerned with being bad-mouthed by anti-Semitic posters.

aipac tea party.gif

Who are those people?? And how did they get into this topic?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

@rk9152 wrote:

Of course they are - they don't want to offend Omar or get her on their case. Also, I am sure they are greatly concerned with being bad-mouthed by anti-Semitic posters.

Bad Mouthed By Anti-semetic Posters?

Don't want to get a Freshman Representative - on their case?

Earth to rk9152........................what RU talking about?

Rubio gets 2 Million from AIPAC - WHY?

AIPAC is a group who pushes Pro-Israel US Policies

Why does a US Senator from Florida accept 2 Million from AIPAC and what exactly is he doing for Israel to deserve that much money

Well, what else except Condemning Omar on Cue like a Puppet when she asks the same Questions I am asking?

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

I am sure they are greatly concerned with being bad-mouthed by anti-Semitic posters.

aipac tea party.gif

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

Of course they are - they don't want to offend Omar or get her on their case. Also, I am sure they are greatly concerned with being bad-mouthed by anti-Semitic posters.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

All Democratic Candidates Boycott AIPAC

Message 7 of 7

2020 Dems Keep Their Distance From Pro-Israel AIPAC Conference

Wait - doesn;t that make them Anti-semetic?

Isn't it against US Law to make any kind of a Negative Statement of any kind against anything - Israeli or Jewish?

SHOCKING - But Hooray - Maybe the - "Benjamins" are losing their power with at least some Democrats ...................Pelosi & Schumer & Feinstein & Hoyer & Clyburn & Lahey will be sure to be there

Leading 2020 Democratic presidential candidates said Thursday that they wouldn’t be involved in a major pro-Israel conference over the weekend — a victory for progressive activists and a fresh sign of the party’s frustration with the U.S. ally’s hard-right drift.

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) “has no plans to attend the [American Israel Public Affairs Committee] conference,” Josh Orton, his policy director, told HuffPost in an email.

“He’s concerned about the platform AIPAC is providing for leaders who have expressed bigotry and oppose a two-state solution,” Orton continued, using an acronym for the group, which helps guide millions of dollars in political donations from supporters of Israel and has made its annual gathering a marquee Washington event.

Journalist Peter Beinart had earlier revealed that Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) would not attend.

An aide to Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) told Politico she would play no role in the conference, either. 

Former Housing Secretary Julián Castro also does not plan to attend, his deputy press secretary Sawyer Hackett said via email.

And Beto O’Rourke, the former congressman, will not be there, his senior adviser Rob Friedlander wrote in an email. Neither aide responded to a follow-up query about the reason for their respective candidates’ decisions.

Representatives for other top Democratic presidential candidates ― including Sens. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) and Cory Booker (D-N.J.), and Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) ― did not immediately respond to HuffPost’s requests for comment.

Pete Buttigieg, the increasingly prominent mayor of South Bend, Indiana, said last week that he would not attend the conference.

On Wednesday, the advocacy group MoveOn revealed that 74 percent of its millions of members want progressives seeking the Democratic presidential nomination to skip the AIPAC confab.

MoveOn listed four reasons why candidates should do that:

1. the group’s activism against President Barack Obama’s nuclear agreement with Iran;

2. its past tolerance of anti-Muslim and anti-Arab rhetoric from its allies;

3. its invitation to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, on whose watch U.N. investigators say Israeli soldiers may have committed war crimes; and

4. its failure to criticize top Republicans accused of anti-Semitism, like Steve Bannon.

Source - https://www.huffpost.com/entry/2020-democrats-israel-palestine_n_5c93b9dce4b01b140d36eb0c

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies