Honored Social Butterfly

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Half a Dozen Democrats to Boycott Trump’s State of the Union

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2020-02-04/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-half-a-dozen-democ...

FRESHMAN REP. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and more than half a dozen Democrats announced Tuesday they won't attend President Donald Trump's State of the Union address, which will be delivered a day before the president faces a final vote to acquit or convict in his impeachment trial.

Ocasio-Cortez, a progressive star and vocal critic of the president, said that she decided after much deliberation that she didn't want her attendance to "normalize Trump's lawless conduct and subversion of the Constitution."

Along with Ocasio-Cortez, other lawmakers who are declining to attend include Rep. Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts, Rep. Steve Cohen of Tennessee, Rep. Al Green of Texas, Rep. Earl Blumenauer of Oregon and Rep. Maxine Waters of California. Some members who are boycotting, like Ocasio-Cortez and Pressley, attended last year's State of the Union address, which was delivered about a month after Democrats took back control of the House. Cohen, who boycotted last year's address, was an early backer of impeachment and served on the House Judiciary Committee, which held several public hearings during the inquiry.

==================================================

CRY BABIES!

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I also boycotted Trump's State of the Union, because too much listening to him is bad for my health!

Sir Granny Tracy
Silver Conversationalist

I have scads more respect for AOC than I do for Trump. 

Did you see the video of him "dancing" to our national anthem two days ago? What was up with that?

And when is he going to show me the results from his private investigators about Obama's fake US birth certificate? He promised to show that to me "next week" and that was 3 years ago. He wouldn't have made that up, would he?

Trusted Contributor

That was Trump, life of the party. Man about Town!  A complete disgrace to our country. I can't wait to close the Chapter on this joke of a President, either by impeachment or voted out of office. I'll take the result either way

Honored Social Butterfly

@BigBobbyS wrote:

That was Trump, life of the party. Man about Town!  A complete disgrace to our country. I can't wait to close the Chapter on this joke of a President, either by impeachment or voted out of office. I'll take the result either way

My satisfaction will come when trump leaves office, then New York prosecutes him and puts him in prison.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

lock him up!!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png